Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Does any know how long is it taking for FOIPA reponse ? I have mailed it two weeks ago, havent heard since...any ideas?

Another quick question - is it advisable to change employers while under name check? Its been over two years since I filed 485?

We have to highlight the issue to the Senate Subcommittee

Is there any point in doing this, now that CIR is dead?

RollingStone

It doesn't matter that the immigration bill was canned. The bottom line is we need to highlight the delay in namecheck to someone who can fix it.

The senate sub committee for immigration is the only place I know of.

The link I sent you was the only one I could find. You could try sending it to the link and address your request to the subcommittee for immigration. Otherwise you could find their address and send them snail mail.

Chevalblanc

I have stopped ranting and raving and started taking positive acting with respect to the delays caused by the FBI name check. I believe man proposes and God disposes. So I do the best I can :).

fbi nncp no longer accepting direct requests??

I called (July 5, 2007) the fbi nncp info line and the message was quite clear in saying that they no longer accept any requests by fax, email, mail or telephone and that USCIS should be contacted.

Is this true?

Is it still worth pushing emails and faxes.

I have all my approvals except the name check which is holding up the issuance of Green Card!! :(

It is now 13 months waiting for Name check.

Any ideas, indications, suggestions on this matter will be useful.

Thank you

I called (July 5, 2007) the fbi nncp info line and the message was quite clear in saying that they no longer accept any requests by fax, email, mail or telephone and that USCIS should be contacted.

Is this true?

Is it still worth pushing emails and faxes.

I have all my approvals except the name check which is holding up the issuance of Green Card!! :(

It is now 13 months waiting for Name check.

Any ideas, indications, suggestions on this matter will be useful.

Thank you

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

Who can I call to check on the status of my name check?

The FBI will only respond to status inquiries from its customer agencies. Please contact the organization receiving your original application. In Citizenship and Immigration cases, contact USCIS for the status.

Do not let this opportunity pass - this will help us!

Great opportunity for us who stuck in the FBI name check to let the politicians, media and the American people know what kind of pain we are going through.
On July 23rd, CNN and Youtube will host a debate which features the Democratic presidential candidates. If every one of us make a video and submit to Youtube and say the same topic - FBI name check, the Youtube and CNN team will notice this topic and will ask the candidates to answer this question -- how will you make FBI be more responsive to the name check? By feature this question on the debate, more and more people will pay attention to this topic.

I am not good at words. If someone can write a script and every one of us can follow the script and make some minor changes and submit the video, that would be great. Also, when you submit your video, please post you video’s link on immigration.com and all of us should go watch the video. This way, your video will have many "views" which will help get politicians, media and people's attention.

The deadline to submit the video is July 22nd, but the earlier, the better, so you can have more "views". It is a great opportunity to make a difference for your own pending case! Do not let this opportunity pass!
http://www.youtube.com/debates
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1x85nJ_Zbg

LUD on both the applications !!!

Guys,
Last one year We did not had any LUD on I-485, when I checked my account today I found that Me and My wife have an LUD of 07/14/2007 and 07/27/2007

...Does this mean I (primary have cleared the FBI Name Check)....
...Should I expect any progress on our case.....
...Advice.........

Thanks

I'm in the same boat

According to infopass I went today, my name check was cleared and sent back to CIS last month. The officer said my case is currently under review (USCIS security check). All I can hope for right now is that their system is accurate this time, and I'll see something soon.

I got the exactly some answer.

Per Infopass my name check has been cleared in Sep'2005 when i followed up with Congressman the congressman office told me that mine is under review.

Conflicting answers from IOs

One week back I called TSC .. Talked to TSC IO. She mentioned that my 2nd FP is due. DId not give anymore info. Also she did not initiate the FP.

Friday (03/08) I went to local office for Infopass. IO said reason for wait is Name check pending. He did not show any screen. Just gave that answer in a min and gave couple of printouts on name check FAQs.

Today I called TSC again. Nice IO answered some questions. As per her my Name check has been cleared in 2005 it self. Only pending think is 2nd FP.
She initiated for both me and my wife. Waiting for 2nd FP notice in 15 to 30 days.

Fingers crossed. any body in same situation??

I am totally confused whom to believe. :(

vllrp
-----------------------
LC PD: 05/2003 AD: 12/14/2004
EB3, EAD/AP/140/485 RD:12/30/2004 ND:01/14/2005
EAD AD 02/04/2005
AP AD 02/08/2005
I-140 AD 03/15/2005
1st FP ND 02/18/2005 / 1st FP Done 04/09/2005
case xfered to tsc March 2007
I485 ??? recent LUD on I485 07/03/07
Infopass.. 03/08/2007 FBI Namecheck pending

welcome notice received !!!!

hey guys my interview done dic 04 2006 result pending for name check
today 08/6/2006 welcome notice received
my status online CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

email to FBI

how you email to FBI what is the email address you wrote to FBI

yes it is my first interview, :) never heard about more than one interview...

I wrote e-mail to FBI on Oct 22, 2004, asking about my (and family) name check status, received response (i think on Jan 29,2005) that it is pending since oct 2003,
so I found it out in end of Jan, 2005...

Conflicting namecheck status information

vllrp,
Just fell into the same situation as you after an infopass appointment today. We were told that namecheck expires in 15 months (am looking to Gurus to correct this), so basically my husband's namecheck was cleared almost 2 years ago, but since I was primary, the application just sat on the shelf. His namecheck status expired and another one was initiated, so it is in the famous "pending" status again :(.

If someone can validate that at least some of the info we received is valid, that would help.

vllrp - please do share any more insights you got for your case...

Thanks in advance..

shila

its the finger prints that have to be renewed after 15 months not the name check , fbi namecheks are initiated alng with thw FP that is what i know of , generallt the fingerprints are sent back in 48 hrs if no match is found , then there are two mre stages

ibis name chek which is run t chek fr immigration frauds like illegal entry

fbi name check checks for criminal background history , i know for sure that this chek is done both n the usa and the country of citizenship and any other country that you may have visited and worked for a period of time

generally these name checks are returned within a periood of 30 days to 6 months i case everythg is fine , otherwise it can be stuck for years in name check

shila

fbi name check checks for criminal background history , i know for sure that this chek is done both n the usa and the country of citizenship and any other country that you may have visited and worked for a period of time

I hope the FBI does the investigation in the country of citizenship by themselves and not much rely on the local govt. Some times the records are kept in poor shape / no records.

I hope the FBI does the investigation in the country of citizenship by themselves and not much rely on the local govt. Some times the records are kept in poor shape / no records.

Last time I checked, FBI was a government agency of the US that doesn't have jurisidction in other countries. How exactly do you think they are going to inverstigate on a foreign soil? All they can do is to ask for cooperation from a foreign government. Some will cooperate, but some will bluntly say to take a hike claiming they don't provide info on their citizens to foreign governments.

Last edited by a moderator: