Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Last time I checked, FBI was a government agency of the US that doesn't have jurisidction in other countries. How exactly do you think they are going to inverstigate on a foreign soil? All they can do is to ask for cooperation from a foreign government. Some will cooperate, but some will bluntly say to take a hike claiming they don't provide info on their citizens to foreign governments.

I mean spy work. May be it is the CIA then.

FBI Name Check

Hello Folks,
Do you know anyone who stuck for name check being"MOHAMMED" is the first name? I am one of those guy. Any suggestion to expedite the name check process would be great help.

Thanks,
CIS GURU

FYI

FBI does not have jurisdiction over other countries but it does have offices in countries which have US embassies , FBI makes checks in the home country too , and I know this for sure because my uncle back in India is a very very senior officer in law enforcement , as far as I know the request is forwarded to the Indian embassy which in turn forwards the request to the passport office which issues the passport , if you guys remember correctly you had a police check when you applied for your indian passport , the local passpot office then fwds the same to the law enforcement and forwards the requested info back to the requesting agency :)

Aha..

FYI

FBI does not have jurisdiction over other countries but it does have offices in countries which have US embassies , FBI makes checks in the home country too , and I know this for sure because my uncle back in India is a very very senior officer in law enforcement , as far as I know the request is forwarded to the Indian embassy which in turn forwards the request to the passport office which issues the passport , if you guys remember correctly you had a police check when you applied for your indian passport , the local passpot office then fwds the same to the law enforcement and forwards the requested info back to the requesting agency :)

No wonder the name check for some of Indians take that long. Then, is there a way to ask some Indian official whether one's "namecheck" request had been received from US embassy ?

There is no way to know this info , normally it takes 60 days to get the info back from India , because when I applied for my Canadian GC last year , it took 60 days to come through

Last edited by a moderator:
Name Check cleared - notice during Infopass

Today I went to Infopass, ready to fight after 31 months of waiting since the receipt of my AOS.
Before I say something, the IO told me my Name CHeck was cleared by FBI last August 6th :)
Now it's up to USCIS to approve the whole process, hope this will be within the next weeks.
I did nothing special, just took 2 Infopass before, one in March, the other in June.
Good luck in this unfair wait, I'll let you know when the GC is finally granted.
Sugarfree
RD Feb 09, 2005
I130 approved in April 2005
1st FP August 2005
2nd FP April 2007
Name Check cleared August 2007

In my case it took USCIS 3 months to approve mine after name check clearance. Hope yours will be faster. Good luck!

Today I went to Infopass, ready to fight after 31 months of waiting since the receipt of my AOS.
Before I say something, the IO told me my Name CHeck was cleared by FBI last August 6th :)
Now it's up to USCIS to approve the whole process, hope this will be within the next weeks.
I did nothing special, just took 2 Infopass before, one in March, the other in June.
Good luck in this unfair wait, I'll let you know when the GC is finally granted.
Sugarfree
RD Feb 09, 2005
I130 approved in April 2005
1st FP August 2005
2nd FP April 2007
Name Check cleared August 2007

After 31 months, today I received an e-mail from USCIS that my GC has been finally order. It worked for me ( I think ) to go every 3 months to Infopass, I think it helped to shake the case.
Good luck in your journey.
Sugarfree

Did they give you a letter at the infopass that you can or cannot make an enquiry after 3 months???

After 31 months, today I received an e-mail from USCIS that my GC has been finally order. It worked for me ( I think ) to go every 3 months to Infopass, I think it helped to shake the case.
Good luck in your journey.
Sugarfree

Options applicable, while making an infopass appointment:

1. You need Service on a case that has already been filed
2. You need information or other services

Which of the above should I choose.

If I choose 1, the four possible options on the next screen are:

a. Order from Immigration Court
b. Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.
c. EAD inquiry appointment
d. Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

None of the above seem to apply in my case, my I-485 is stuck in name check since April 2006.

Should I choose option 2 and go ahead with making the appointment?

Would appreciate your response.
Thanks.

Depends if you need information or are checking on your case then you will choose option 2.
I think after they will ask you if you need to meet a customer service agent or an IO. If you are checking on your case then meet an IO.
I have made info pass earlier and this what I choose.

Depends if you need information or are checking on your case then you will choose option 2.
I think after they will ask you if you need to meet a customer service agent or an IO. If you are checking on your case then meet an IO.
I have made info pass earlier and this what I choose.

I have the same question as Rasunny. But Al_aos, I'm confused about what you suggested here. So do we choose option 2 so the appointment type is you need information or other services? If I choose option 2, there is no place asking me to choose meet a customer service agent or an IO.

So what did you really do to make an infopass appointment?

Thanks.