Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Conditional GC for those stucked in NC !!!

All stucked in NC can think of approaching to influential senators and HR to introduce a bill for adjucating I-485 and issuing a conditional GC subject to removal of condition following NC clearence? USCIS issues conditional GC for those who marry to USC.

Following would be benefits:

1. Save on fees for parole, EAD
2. Save on filing WOM and USCIS harrassment of I-485 denial after filing WOM, the way USCIS has been reacting recently.
3. Can apply for jobs iwith more flexibility.
4. Can accumulate time for US citizenship.

I work in govt organization through contractor, my security clearences were cleared 2 times ( two different govt organizations) and I was found suitable for working in US govt organization and is currently working on third EAD. However I am stuck in NC since 9/2005. I think there may stucked in NC.
Thought of adding suggestions/comments.

abhda

All stucked in NC can think of approaching to influential senators and HR to introduce a bill for adjucating I-485 and issuing a conditional GC subject to removal of condition following NC clearence? USCIS issues conditional GC for those who marry to USC.

2. Save on filing WOM and USCIS harrassment of I-485 denial after filing WOM, the way USCIS has been reacting recently.

I work in govt organization through contractor, my security clearences were cleared 2 times ( two different govt organizations) and I was found suitable for working in US govt organization and is currently working on third EAD. However I am stuck in NC since 9/2005. I think there may stucked in NC.

abhda

The conditional GC for married to USC has nothing to do with being stuck in NC. You have to clear that first to get the condtional one. The condtion is to stay married for 2 years and not to clear the NC. I am married to USC and have been stuck since Sept 04.

abhda

Excellent. But those are blockheads. They prefer you obtain EADs & APs atleast 4 times, before let off the hook. Who will kill the cash cow. USCIS makes revenue from interim benefits and use it for daily functioning and enforcement activities.

Stuck in Namecheck

Just found out, I am also in the queue, 6.5 years from start and still no hope no light.
Anyone following up on WOM nowdays?

Stuck in Name Check for 10 months- What steps to be taken in order??

Hi Gurus,

I took an infopass last week and understand that Name Check was cleared for my family with 10 days of filing I-485 (I-485 filed on Jan 20, 2007 ) but mine is stuck.
I remember that when I went for FP, many numbers were hit against my ID and the FP guy took lot of time to complete my Finger printing. I was not sure whether it was my name ( very generic Indian name ) or my finger prints that hit many numbers on the computer.

Can anyone suggest me how should I proceed? Should I first file FOIPA and figure out any NO Record certificate ? Is there any e-mail ID for FBI to get status? Should the Senator's help is called after FOIPA results come? Or we can send mails to Senator before filing FOIPA?

I am in a very confused state of mind. This is my 9th year when I filed my I-485 and this sudden Name Check problem knocking me out of balance.
Appreciate your guidance and look forward to it eagerly.

Guys,

As you see my sign, filed 485 on July 2nd and got my EAD and AP, done with the FP's. Now I know one have to wait until s/he gets the actual card.

My question is about the Name check and back ground check.

As a Canadian Permanent resident I have submitted FP results to the Canadian Immg in 2005. I know that it has nothing to do with American Immg. But, my finger prints are already with FBI and assuming that they have already done background check and based on that I got my Canadian permanent resident card.

Can this help me in any way in American GC name check and back ground check?

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,

I am with you guys, I am in 8th year extension and background check is pending from 08/2005. No updates.

Did anybody go through this FOIPA, and do you guys think which is useful.

PD : 06/2003 (substitution)
I140 approved : 01/2006
1st FP : 05/2004
2nd F: ????
I485 : Pending
LUD : 08/16/2007

It will not help ..

Sorry to disappoint you, however having sent your fingerprints to FBI will not help in getting cleared with them early. I have the same case and waiting to get my name check clear since July 2005. WHen you do Canada immi., it does not go to namecheck. It only goes to Fingerprint check. Namecheck is a different creature and nobody can save you from that. If you are lucky, computer will pass you in automatic processing, howevr if computer flags it for manual processing, then you will be stucked for 3 -4 years alone for name check to be cleared (no matter if PD is current or VISA is available).

Guys,

As you see my sign, filed 485 on July 2nd and got my EAD and AP, done with the FP's. Now I know one have to wait until s/he gets the actual card.

My question is about the Name check and back ground check.

As a Canadian Permanent resident I have submitted FP results to the Canadian Immg in 2005. I know that it has nothing to do with American Immg. But, my finger prints are already with FBI and assuming that they have already done background check and based on that I got my Canadian permanent resident card.

Can this help me in any way in American GC name check and back ground check?

Sorry to know

Hi Librau,

Sorry to know that you also get caught into this blackhole of Namecheck.
Same is the story with me, family got passed within 5 days and I am stucked in Namecheck since July 2005. It seems that there is a profiling going on for all males. Females are generally cleared as I have seen in numerous cases.
You are free to try anything, however so far I am still looking for my silver bullet. I have a thick file with correspondance with everybody you can imagine and nobody could be any help so far in clearing namecheck (I have completed 27 months now waiting for NC to clear).

Hi Gurus,

I took an infopass last week and understand that Name Check was cleared for my family with 10 days of filing I-485 (I-485 filed on Jan 20, 2007 ) but mine is stuck.
I remember that when I went for FP, many numbers were hit against my ID and the FP guy took lot of time to complete my Finger printing. I was not sure whether it was my name ( very generic Indian name ) or my finger prints that hit many numbers on the computer.

Can anyone suggest me how should I proceed? Should I first file FOIPA and figure out any NO Record certificate ? Is there any e-mail ID for FBI to get status? Should the Senator's help is called after FOIPA results come? Or we can send mails to Senator before filing FOIPA?

I am in a very confused state of mind. This is my 9th year when I filed my I-485 and this sudden Name Check problem knocking me out of balance.
Appreciate your guidance and look forward to it eagerly.

waiting for 27 months...did everything you can imagine

I am waiting for 27 months...did everything you can imagine

I called (July 5, 2007) the fbi nncp info line and the message was quite clear in saying that they no longer accept any requests by fax, email, mail or telephone and that USCIS should be contacted.

Is this true?

Is it still worth pushing emails and faxes.

I have all my approvals except the name check which is holding up the issuance of Green Card!! :(

It is now 13 months waiting for Name check.

Any ideas, indications, suggestions on this matter will be useful.

Thank you

I did do FOIPA and it is of no use (unless in WOM - may be)

Dear BigTimeGCVictim (may be I should call that for myself too)

I did FOIPA and it is of no use. As you know, I am stuck for 27 months now.
SOmebody jokingly said this weekend to me that if I decide to buy a AK-47 then I will get FBI clearance in few days however if I want to have greencard then it may take few years. I hope that it was a joke..otherwise my head will really explode as I can not take this illogical shit anymore...this is years and years of mental torture done by USCIS and FBI combined.,,USCIS should start providing some good mental health counseling for free for all Namecheck Victims.

Friends,

I am with you guys, I am in 8th year extension and background check is pending from 08/2005. No updates.

Did anybody go through this FOIPA, and do you guys think which is useful.

PD : 06/2003 (substitution)
I140 approved : 01/2006
1st FP : 05/2004
2nd F: ????
I485 : Pending
LUD : 08/16/2007

Senate Approves Levin Amendment to Improve Oversight of FBI Background Checks

any comments folks?

http://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=285400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 16, 2007 Contact: Press Office
Phone: 202.228.3685

Senate Approves Levin Amendment to Improve Oversight of FBI Background Checks

WASHINGTON – The Senate has approved an amendment by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., to improve oversight of the FBI National Name Check Program, which faces a substantial backlog. The program is used to run background checks on people applying for immigration benefits or seeking employment with the U.S. government, among many other purposes. Levin’s provision, which was included as an amendment to the Commerce, Justice, and Science (CJS) Fiscal Year 2008 Appropriations Bill, would require the FBI to report to Congress every year regarding progress made in improving the FBI’s system of processing background checks and automating investigative files.

“The background check program’s enormous backlog poses an unacceptable burden on people whose lives are on hold, and it also leads to a national security risk,” Levin said. “Approximately 31,000 cases have been pending for at least 33 months. If these individuals are a security threat, we must know that sooner rather than later.”

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Ombudsman’s 2007 Annual Report, there were 329,160 name check cases pending in May 2007, which is and increase of 93,358 over the previous year. Many immigrants who are applying for adjustment of status to legal permanent resident, naturalization, asylum, or a waiver end up waiting for months or years for the completion of the name check process.

In 2003, Robert J. Garrity, Jr., then Acting Assistant Director of the Records Management Division of the FBI stated before the House Committee on Government Reform that, “[t]he name check delays have significant consequences to FBI customers and stakeholders. The delays impede hiring or clearing skilled workers; completing government contracts; student enrollment, and…clearing requested visas for business visits to the United States. More importantly than all of the foregoing, these processing delays can also diminish counterterrorism effectiveness.”

Dear BigTimeGCVictim (may be I should call that for myself too)

I did FOIPA and it is of no use. As you know, I am stuck for 27 months now.
SOmebody jokingly said this weekend to me that if I decide to buy a AK-47 then I will get FBI clearance in few days however if I want to have greencard then it may take few years. I hope that it was a joke..otherwise my head will really explode as I can not take this illogical shit anymore...this is years and years of mental torture done by USCIS and FBI combined.,,USCIS should start providing some good mental health counseling for free for all Namecheck Victims.

Dude40004

Were you able to get EAD's during that period? I am stuck in NC blck hole and when I went for my infopass appointment they told me that my EAD was stuck because of NC. I aslo did a request fo information at USCIS and the response came back as wait another 6 months before contacting US because we need to do additonal proccessing. I also heard that EAD's were issued while people were waiting fot NC to get cleared. Any info will help.

Thanks

Guys pardon my lack of knowledge on this issue but when exactly does the name check happen, I mean is it the last step before 485 approval or does it happen after finger printing and before you get the EAD?

How do I know if my namecheck is completed or if it is pending?

My I-140 and I-485 is pending but I have received EAD for myself and spouse.

Thanks

Your EAD is not dependent on Name check.

So it is the last step before 485 approval?

Does this mean that even if my category is current and TSC is processing let's say April 2007 apps, they will not adjuducate my app if the name check is still pending?

That's right.

You are right.

Though my PD is Sept'01 and eligible for approval my case is awaiting name check clearance and it is with FBI since Aug of '04.