Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

It used to give you an option. Maybe they changed it. Maybe they give you an optiuon after you put in all your details and then you choose a date and time.
Try to make an appointment. I dont have my details otherwise I would have done it.

Name Check Done

Hey Guys My Case Is Done
Aos Interview Done Dic 04 2006 Result Pending For Background Check
Infopass Jul 31 2007 Still Pending
Aug 06 2007 Welcome Notice Received
Aug 10 2007permanent Resident Card Received With Error In Name
Aug 22 2007 I Send Gc Back With I90 Form To Correct Name
Sep 08 2007 Welcome Notice Received With Correct Name
Sep 14 2007 Permanent Resident Card Received With Correct Name
Any Questions Reply

Name Check denied or I485 denied because fo Name Check

Hi to all friends here,

Do anyone knows about any I-485 case which is denied because of name check issues.?

If your name check has problem e.g. fradulant ID, name misspell in Passport or credentials, wrong DOB, passport issues in home country like first name or last name confusion in inqury report from home country or credit theft issue, anything like this can creat name check problem..

Do anyone knows anybody who might have these problems and got fixed.

I am in the same boat. yesterday i got a reply from senator with uscis letter saying that my NC (my wife got cleared in 2006) is completed on sep. 1 2007 (pending since nov. 2005). his application will be sent to examiner for review if the visa is available. however according to last week infopass appointment says that my NC is pending. i donot know which one accurate. I believe sanetor response would be reliable. isn't it?.

I do not know whats next?

Note: I only appeared for FP code 1 last May 2007, but my wife haven't got FP notice. Last week we went to infopass heared that FP notice scheduled on the same date as that of mine. IO issued new FP notice for my wife next week.

SORRY CORRECTION HERE:
yesterday i got a reply from senator with uscis letter saying that my NC (my wife got cleared in 2006) is completed on sep. 1 2007 (pending since nov. 2005). his application will be sent to examiner for review if the visa is available. however according to last week infopass appointment says that my NC is pending. i donot know which one accurate. I believe sanetor response would be reliable. isn't it?.

I do not know whats next?

Note: I only appeared for FP code 1 last May 2007, but my wife haven't got FP notice. Last week we went to infopass heared that FP notice scheduled on the same date as that of mine. IO issued new FP notice for my wife next week.

Hi basselal, On what ground your WOM was dismissed? Did Texas judge gave any reason or justification of FBI taking so much time for you?

Nothing specific. General lingo [I heard both sides and I agree with the government].

There was the possibility of filing for appeal and try to go to court but we chose not to. The first part cost a lot money and the prospect was a lot more time, money and frustration with no guarantees.

The judges in the red states are more sympathetic with the government. I heard from my previous lawyer (back in Portland, OR where I used to live) that law suites there are much more successful. Unfortunately my job is right here and I cannot leave it and go back.

I would like to hear from people who waited as long as I did and still got it. This will give me some hope. Please post.

Good luck to all

I have another question. 6 months ago when my lawyer inquired about the case, the response language was slightly different. It did not say “name check pending” but it said “Your client's case is currently under review by an adjudications officer. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 days of the date of this correspondence.” My lawyer said it does not mean a lot and it is maybe just another person using different language. 3 month later we inquired again and got this slightly different response “In reviewing the system it appears your case is under review by our agency. We have forwarded this inquiry to the reviewing officer. As this process is difficult to determine in length, we recommend you re-submit an inquiry after 90 days. “
Next week it will be 90 days since we got that.

Am I fool to hope for anything?? My lawyer still says this means nothing different. Any of you have similar experience?? Please??

In other forums, I saw that namecheck gives you a status like "investigation into your background remains open". "Under review" usually meant that your case is in the queue for adjudication (still may take several months). I hope it resolves soon!

I have another question. 6 months ago when my lawyer inquired about the case, the response language was slightly different. It did not say “name check pending” but it said “Your client's case is currently under review by an adjudications officer. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 days of the date of this correspondence.” My lawyer said it does not mean a lot and it is maybe just another person using different language. 3 month later we inquired again and got this slightly different response “In reviewing the system it appears your case is under review by our agency. We have forwarded this inquiry to the reviewing officer. As this process is difficult to determine in length, we recommend you re-submit an inquiry after 90 days. “

Am I fool to hope for anything?? My lawyer still says this means nothing different. Any of you have similar experience?? Please??

That language would mean that your namecheck is cleared. However, the attitude of Govt towards the legal immigrants are so rude that, they don't care what they say in their correspondence, even if it is just a false hope.

I will tell you, based on that correspondence, if you don't get your GC in 90 days + 30 days of delivery time, you should be able to sue them. But, agian we are helpless.

Hey, I have few more question. I am thinking of proceeding for WOM without a lawyer. Based on your experience, what do you suggest. Also, how could FBI defend themself with so much senseless delay? Any argument from their side will not make sense for taking about 3 years for checking out a Name. Did they tell where is it stuck? Did they try to explain, why should they let you stay here for so long if FBI really think that you may be a criminal ?

Hey, I have few more question. I am thinking of proceeding for WOM without a lawyer. Based on your experience, what do you suggest. Also, how could FBI defend themself with so much senseless delay? Any argument from their side will not make sense for taking about 3 years for checking out a Name. Did they tell where is it stuck? Did they try to explain, why should they let you stay here for so long if FBI really think that you may be a criminal ?

Well, I did not have a good experience with WOM but that does not mean you will not. Few considerations that I noticed:

1- When I was considering it and asking around lawyer, I got the impression that the goal was just to file the suite as a way to force their hand. It was actually true for a long time that people who file a law suite get their case resolved in a couple of months before the time comes for the case to go to trial. It looks like since there are many more people were doing that, it is much harder now and the government is willing to fight back. So if you are willing to fight all the way, no matter how long or how much it cost, you might have a chance.
2- Also, it looks like it depends on which state you are in. Of course there is no way to confirm that but from all the cases I have seen and from what I have heard from two lawyers I have, if you are in a blue, more liberal state you will have a better chance. I used to live in Portland, OR, which is a very liberal city and when my old lawyer who is still there heard that my case was dismissed she couldn’t believe it because obviously people there are still having success with these law suite. Here in Texas, it is a different story.
3- The motion to dismissal by the government, which I read, did not make much sense. They stated the usual stuff that you hear every time you inquire (it’s a matter of national security; a lot of people are waiting, blah blah blah).

Still, even after that our lawyer said that if we are still willing to fight we can file for appeal and try to go to court. But it would take a long time which might defeat the purpose of trying to expedite it. Plus it will cost many fold what we have paid already which was a lot. So we decided not to go through with it.

So, that was my experience. I still hear about people doing this successfully. But it wasn’t meant to be for me.

......The motion to dismissal by the government, which I read, did not make much sense. They stated the usual stuff that you hear every time you inquire (it’s a matter of national security; a lot of people are waiting, blah blah blah).

These guys (gvot) are a bunch of idiots. If national security was so important the checks should be done fast. They actually know you are not a national security threat, else they would have apprehended one and deported back. Then what the heck they hold you ? Let them give you GC and then cancel if the damn name check comes with critical stuff. Morons.

... ...

I would like to hear from people who waited as long as I did and still got it. This will give me some hope. Please post.

Good luck to all
My wife was stuck in NC since July, 2004, but it was cleared about 11 months ago after a WOM. So, 27 months at total in that black hole. I know it's not the same as your 36 months, but I thought it might give you some hope.

I filed her WOM case pro se in Oct. 2006, when USCIS still routinely expedite name checks due to lawsuits. Starting from about Dec. 20, 2006, they issued a memo, stating that they would not expediate NC anymore for WOM cases. Since then, I believe it's becoming much more difficult to use WOM to force USCIS on NC.

Well, I did not have a good experience with WOM but that does not mean you will not. Few considerations that I noticed:

1- When I was considering it and asking around lawyer, I got the impression that the goal was just to file the suite as a way to force their hand. It was actually true for a long time that people who file a law suite get their case resolved in a couple of months before the time comes for the case to go to trial. It looks like since there are many more people were doing that, it is much harder now and the government is willing to fight back. So if you are willing to fight all the way, no matter how long or how much it cost, you might have a chance.
2- Also, it looks like it depends on which state you are in. Of course there is no way to confirm that but from all the cases I have seen and from what I have heard from two lawyers I have, if you are in a blue, more liberal state you will have a better chance. I used to live in Portland, OR, which is a very liberal city and when my old lawyer who is still there heard that my case was dismissed she couldn’t believe it because obviously people there are still having success with these law suite. Here in Texas, it is a different story.
3- The motion to dismissal by the government, which I read, did not make much sense. They stated the usual stuff that you hear every time you inquire (it’s a matter of national security; a lot of people are waiting, blah blah blah).

Still, even after that our lawyer said that if we are still willing to fight we can file for appeal and try to go to court. But it would take a long time which might defeat the purpose of trying to expedite it. Plus it will cost many fold what we have paid already which was a lot. So we decided not to go through with it.

So, that was my experience. I still hear about people doing this successfully. But it wasn’t meant to be for me.

Well thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Your case is not very encouraging for me, but I will go ahead and fight it anyway. As I said, I will do it myself, so may be my cost will be limited to $500.00.
I am surprised that they let the skilled immigrants stay here for years and they still think that we are threat to the national security. However they are fine with so many million illegal immigrants, roaming around with out any name check. Few of them do heinous crime. Just not the "DUI and driving without license" but also killing COPs. I will try to make that a point in the court.
I am from Georgia and it is a RED state..

That language would mean that your namecheck is cleared. However, the attitude of Govt towards the legal immigrants are so rude that, they don't care what they say in their correspondence, even if it is just a false hope.

I will tell you, based on that correspondence, if you don't get your GC in 90 days + 30 days of delivery time, you should be able to sue them. But, agian we are helpless.

Thanks for both you and igor_ch on the hope. I was thinking the same. But like you said, there is no consistancy with those people so you never know. I just hope.

Please if there are any more people with insights on if this language means something please post.

The next inquiry my lawyer will make is Oct 8. I asked her to ask specifically what that means. Still, I'm afraid to hear the answer.

Good luck to all old timers.

what FBI HELP Can do?

What division usually do the name check in FBI... I think FBI has many divisions... I have a contact who knows some one in FBI and he says i need to find which subdivision they need to contact.

i am not sure what i have to tell them...?

My conatct can ask to run my SS or name to see any info found yet.
If they can provide me a computer print out that my name cheack is cleared or no information found.. how can i use that with USCIS?

anybody?

What division usually do the name check in FBI... I think FBI has many divisions... I have a contact who knows some one in FBI and he says i need to find which subdivision they need to contact.

i am not sure what i have to tell them...?

My conatct can ask to run my SS or name to see any info found yet.
If they can provide me a computer print out that my name cheack is cleared or no information found.. how can i use that with USCIS?

anybody?

I know somebody who works in FBI field office. I asked her to help me out. She did try a lot. She even talk to somebody is Washington DC about me. BUT, everybody told her that the are not going to share anything with her.

It is Record Maintenance Division or Name Check Division.