Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

I sent a letter in Apr to FL and got reply saying "A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on YYYY XX 2006, and is currently in process. ....While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible."

I observed that many people who wrote a letter to FL got a response with processed/finalized and sent to USCIS on so and so date(i.e. cleared). Anybody got cleared after receiving the letter saying "currently in process"? Appreciate if you post any similar experiences.

Did you include copy of FOIPA when wrote the letter to FL ?

I received a letter from FBI today fro the letter I sent to FL on apr 10th, 2007. The letter says my application is in process. I had a info pass appointment today too and same old crap that my security check is pending. When I talked to IO at NSC twice last week, both of them said that my application is ready to be assigned to an officer and unless security checks are cleared, it should not be in the area (ready to be assigned).

Today again, I specifically asked several times NSC IO too about my name check and she told me that it is still pending.

So folks, please don't believe any staging area/ready to assigned to offficer/.. if your already know that you are stuck in name check unless IO clearly say that your security checks are DONE.

Hope we all sail through it very shortly.

Thanks!

Name & Security checks

GURU's!!!!

could you please tell me how to verify that name check, Security check & background check is complete. It is by taking infopass appointment and speaking with IO or by calling FBI no. Your inputs would be much appreciated.

Please find my signature below:

EB2 Sub PD - Late 2000
i-140 thru PP Approved - May 2007.
i-145 RD - May 28th 2007.

Directly finger printing notice (No 485 receipt notice) with code 3 on Jun 20th. LUD changed 6/21/07.

Can you also shed some lights on my details as to when i will receive my card.

Last edited by a moderator:
GURU's!!!!

could you please tell me how to verify that name check, Security check & background check is complete. It is by taking infopass appointment and speaking with IO or by calling FBI no. Your inputs would be much appreciated.

EB2 Sub PD - Late 2000

Directly finger printing notice (No 485 receipt notice) with code 3 on Jun 20th. LUD changed 6/21/07.

You can do it either calling 1800 # or taking inforpass appointment.

Thanks hellogc_2006 for your quick reply. Also can you guess how long it will take to get my GC seeing my signature which i have given.

Thanks hellogc_2006 for your quick reply. Also can you guess how long it will take to get my GC seeing my signature which i have given.

If you are from a 'small' country, you might get approved fast. if from India,China,Russia etc you might get crushed in background check.

When I was in Islamabad (Pakistan) last year for H1B visa stamping, I got the security clearance in just 5 days (they wrote a date when they got security clearance on my H1B stamp). Can I assume that I will get the quick reply in I-485 stage too?

FL is First Lady.

miladinabi:
If your case is not stuck in name check, you should able get your approval in couple of months; that is what I have seen

Please Read: Last Chance to make a positive impact - Lobby the senate subcommitee for

Hi

Folks.

Granted our own case is the most important to us. This makes us myopic and we attempt to contact senators, First Lady, FBI and USCIS or file a WOM to get it through. Some of us are going to be successful and some of us are going to fail.

I suggest we join hands and lobby the senate sub committee for immigration. The immigration bill is on the floor and amendments are being proposed. If we do not make our case now and tell the senators about the changes we want we will not make any progress. Remember there are much bigger lobbies that have pushed through bigger amendments and we need to send a huge number of requests quickly to make our voice heard.

It took me 10 minutes to put together my text and click submit on the link below. Please let me know when you have sent your request.

I am hoping there are at least 99 more individuals who join me in this quest.

Here's what I suggest you write about:

Link for sending request/plea:

http://judiciary.house.gov/contact.aspx

Info to be included in your letter:

a) the length of time you have been stuck in the name check queue
b) professional and personal hardships that have been caused by the delay
c) your analysis that the delay is being caused because FBI does not have enough personnel to decide on the potential matches on name checks that are pending
d) the fact that legal immgirants have paid taxes from the day they took up jobs in this country, an average of 5-6 years and that they are key contributors to the America's competitivenes in the global economy. Therefore, legal immigrants should not be subject to undue delays in name check processing. Once we are past the green card line we can devote our energies to starting up the next Google or Yahoo and create billions of dollars of wealth for USA.

What to request:

1) Please request them to put controls in place ao that name checks are processed first in first out (i.e. those that are stillwaiting get precedence over new submissions) and that those that generate 'hits' are resolved in a max of 60 days.

"
Chevalblanc

How to check about security check

hi hellogc_2006,
can you please let me know what 1800 number I can call to check the status of my security check .

thanks
rinkus

You will have a better chance to know the true status of your name check via infopass, compared to calling customer service. Most times they won't even look up your case and just tell you security check pending or they are not allowed to give out info regarding security checks. Search POJ in this forum and find out how to reach them.

InfoPass is much better IMO, that is how I came to learn that my NC was cleared. Then I called the 800 number and said I needed to double check something from the appointment, and he confirmed the same thing.

GURU's!!!!

EB2 Sub PD - Late 2000

I spoke to NSC IO today and also had an Infopass appt after an hour.
NSC IO said that I am in 'Security Check'.
Infopass IO said 'Name Check' cleared in 2004 itself, everything looks good and that the case is being reviewed by an officer at NSC.

In the past 3 weeks, I got the '..in Security Check' status from 2 other Infopass IOs and 2-3 times when I called NSC.

The status that they give out is just all over the board!

Whats the point of having Infopass if they cannot give accurate information?

Have them show you the screen. if it says "No Record found" you are good to go.

Welcome letter e-mail after namecheck

Finally I received welcome e-mail from CRIS.
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

Good luck.

Hi Guys,

There has not been any LUD on my I-485 since the LUD after Biometrics which was 4/07/07. There was finally a LUD 0n 6/25/07.

Do you think this could be from Name Checking?

pswami Send an e-mail to the subcommitee for immigration

As per the latest Ombustamn's report 1 in every three greencard applicant gets stuck in the name check. This wait can be 1 to 3 years. Can something be done to fight against this mess? Is someone already doing something or trying something?

Please give ideas to fight this and if you have done something.

"
I suggest we join hands and lobby the senate sub committee for immigration. The immigration bill is on the floor and amendments are being proposed. If we do not make our case now and tell the senators about the changes we want we will not make any progress. Remember there are much bigger lobbies that have pushed through bigger amendments and we need to send a huge number of requests quickly to make our voice heard.

It took me 10 minutes to put together my text and click submit on the link below. Please let me know when you have sent your request.

c) your analysis that the delay is being caused because FBI does not have enough personnel to decide on the potential matches on name checks that are pending
d) the fact that legal immgirants have paid taxes from the day they took up jobs in this country, an average of 5-6 years and that they are key contributors to the America's competitivenes in the global economy. Therefore, legal immigrants should not be subject to undue delays in name check processing. Once we are past the green card line we can devote our energies to starting up the next Google or Yahoo and create billions of dollars of wealth for USA.

What to request:

1) Please request them to put controls in place ao that name checks are processed first in first out (i.e. those that are stillwaiting get precedence over new submissions) and that those that generate 'hits' are resolved in a max of 60 days.

"

I am ready to send this letter. A few coments though.

1. The link points to a web page which does not mention immigration. Is this really the right place to send the request?
2. Do not make your letter too long. Senators do not have much time, a long letter will probably get shredded unread. In particular, points (c) and (d) are probably not needed.
3. Make sure you run a spell checker before submitting.
4. Make sure there are no grammatical errors. If you are weak in english, ask somebody to review it or post it here.
5. Ask them to fix the problem. Don't tell them how to.
6. Mention Ombudsman report. This is probably the most credible evidence of the problem as it comes from a top ranking official.

Below is the letter I intend to send. You may use it as a template for your letter, but don't copy it word for word. Make at least a few structural changes.

Dear member of judiciary committee,
I wish to bring to your attention inordinate delays in completing security checks for immigration benefits. Most of these checks are completed within a reasonable period of time. However, one particular type of check, known as "name check" is done by the FBI and may take years to complete. It is not surprising that the CIS Ombudsman in his 2007 Annual Report to Congress has categorized name check as one of the "Pervasive and Serious Problems" (page iv).
These delays have affected me and my family directly and severely. My Adjustment of Status (AOS) application has been pending since [485 RD] due to these checks. Overall, my permanent residency application has been pending since [PD]. I am not an illegal alien and have maintained legal status every single day of my stay in the United States. Adjudication of my AOS application will be one of the most important events in my life and lives of my family members. It is unfortunate that this ill-conceived security check causes so much harassment to many genuine law abiding applicants who mean no harm and are waiting to call this great nation home. I request you to evaluate the FBI namecheck procedures as part of current immigration debate.

Thank you, yours sincerely,
XXXX

"

What to request:

"

Infopass

Is scheduling an appointment using InfoPass slow down the case in anyway. Specially, in the cases where RD is very recent and the FP/BIO are done recently.

Thanks in advance.

Who should be the correct one?
I have info pass at local office they tolde me case is transfered to NSC and is pending for name check Then i called NSC they say case is still at local office

PD 4/2003

Is there any point in doing this, now that CIR is dead?

"

What to request:

"