Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Hi !

I found out (online) that my I-485 was approved on 02/01/06. I am yet to receive the approval notice in mail.

Initially when I checked online, I received the message "On February 1, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Today when I checked the status again, I got the message " This case has been approved. On February 7, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

What does this mean? Do I have to set up an appointment for interview or not? Also how can I know, whether my Name Check is complete or not?

Your response are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

SSDas

SSDas said:
Hi !

I found out (online) that my I-485 was approved on 02/01/06. I am yet to receive the approval notice in mail.

Initially when I checked online, I received the message "On February 1, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Today when I checked the status again, I got the message " This case has been approved. On February 7, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

What does this mean? Do I have to set up an appointment for interview or not? Also how can I know, whether my Name Check is complete or not?

Your response are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

SSDas

if I-485 is approved, then it means your GC card is on the way to you...you can just sit and relax

Please see the posting here at immigration voice.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77

I have posted this on the forum as the forum organizers were not even considering "Name Check"
as an issue. It appears that the forum organizers would like to seek the ideas to address the Name check issue
Please post your ideas at:http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77
or reply your ideas:
1. What actions do we need request USCIS/FBI to take to address the situation?

Please respond!!!

Name check

EricS said:
USCIS requests a name check from FBI once you file 485, you cannot start it yourself. All you can do is get a FOIA from FBI, but that does not tell much, even if it is clear your name check may get delayed (hope not).

Thanks EricS for your reply.I read your story in the thread u have mentioned.First i need to congratulate you for your brave effort.I also need to thank all the wonderful ppl in this discussion board for helping each other at the crisis.You are an inspiration for lot of other members like me in this discussion board.

I did not get any link about FOIA.Can you plz send me more info on this.Any link where i can get info about it.I have one more question when i apply for 485 are they going to ask again for my paystubs and W-2?My I 140 is already approved.

Thanks in advance,
GCEAD04

hi

hi Compass Its been almost four year after I-485 and 18 month after AOS intrwive and six year since i start my L.C my P.D is nov 2000 i try every thing i almost every other month go to newark distric office and iam gona go last time before i file my writ let see what happen.

NAMABER...is your PD Current?
I mean if you are EB-3 (India) then your PD is not current yet, and it would be better if you wait for your dates to become current then file Writ.
Please confirm..

Name check cleared finally

I went to the local USCIS office today and came to know that my name check has been cleared by the FBI. As per the immigration officer, USCIS received it on Jan 23, 2006. I am now waiting for my PD to become current.

This is such a relief for me, as I was planning on filing a writ of mandamus.

I hope everyone gets their Name Check cleared asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

getnkk said:
NAMABER...is your PD Current?
I mean if you are EB-3 (India) then your PD is not current yet, and it would be better if you wait for your dates to become current then file Writ.
Please confirm..
DEAR GETNKK I am not from India i am in world catagory

Holy shit! Yee-haw!

Yee-haw! Just got the Emails!

Case details:
EB2-NIW at TSC (Russia)
I-140 Nov 03
I-485 Mar 04
I-140 approved Feb 05
I-485 approved yesterday (09Feb06)

Filed a case status check a few days ago - maybe it pushed things forward a bit

===============================================================
NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared---- I485 Approval
===============================================================
NAMABER ---------------18-MAY-02--------
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05---------9/03/2005:)
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
khanhammad----------------Jan-03--------
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
slt-----------------------Mar-03--------
Barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------Oct-05
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
Mayseventh2003------------May-03--------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
mmz-----------------------Sep-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03--------
wait789 ------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
15th_year_in_US-----------Oct-03--------
BoFromUkr-----------------Oct-03--------
oh_god_why_me-------------Oct-03------
Belle2?-------------------Nov-03--------
VP2003--------------------Nov-03--------
Belle---------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mila2006------------------Dec-03-------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------unknown-----09Feb06
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
ishturkish----------------Mar-04---------
fbi_name_check---------30-Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
wildthing-----------------Apr-04--------
Spam70------------------Apr-04
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05--------08/29/05:)
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------
pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
shareef_aadmi-------------Dec-04--------
aukumar------------------ Jan-05--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
Anil007dc-----------------Feb-05--------
EB1UB------------------15-Mar-05--------
RealSuperK----------------Mar-05--------
light3222004--------------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
MYGC_APRIL----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
Madss---------------------??????--------
Steve31415----------------Jul-05--------Sep-05 (I-485 Dec-02)
al_aos--------------------??????--------late 2005
Pinturicchio-------------22OCT05-------late Jan 06:D------01/31/06
buzzhd--------------------Dec-02-----------

CONGRATULATIONS Call_Me_Shrek!!!!!
Let us know when you receive approval letter and card, and what date will be there!

As per the vis bulletin for March, my dates are going to be current. But I am stuck in the BS NameCheck process. My lawyer says when it becomes current ( March 1st week) he would contact USCIS. But what would he hear? Is n't the same thing I have been hearing"security clearance pending". Or FBI realizes "oh!! so and so has become current, let us process this case first".Is my lawyer living in fools paradise?
Please let me know what I can do from my end:
I have already:
contacte senators
contacted congressman
sent mails, faxes FOPIA
Started a thread on immigrationvoice.com to add "namecheck" to add it to the agenda....
What else???

retrohatao said:
As per the vis bulletin for March, my dates are going to be current. But I am stuck in the BS NameCheck process. My lawyer says when it becomes current ( March 1st week) he would contact USCIS. But what would he hear? Is n't the same thing I have been hearing"security clearance pending". Or FBI realizes "oh!! so and so has become current, let us process this case first".Is my lawyer living in fools paradise?
Please let me know what I can do from my end:
I have already:
contacte senators
contacted congressman
sent mails, faxes FOPIA
Started a thread on immigrationvoice.com to add "namecheck" to add it to the agenda....
What else???

Pray :D

To Be or Not to Be...

Hello everybody,

Just a Quick Question... If you have a unique First Name and Second Name ( There's nobody in this Planet having your name), you came from a so called " Western country" (.. :confused: ) , and your Name check is not cleared in half a year.

Can you be 100% sure that you are stuck?

Thanks and i wish you a fast approval for everyone! :)

retrohatao

Same situation here, PD 02/2001 (EB3 india)
Conatcted congressman, Foipa and FBI email. Nothing much.
I just asked my lawyer to push for expedition on what ever basis though not hopeful of anything.

Keep in touch here for any further steps you will take to expedite etc...

Name check question

Hi Guys,

I have a basic question. Does the uscis initiate the name check after 485 filing or FP or Biometric ?

Here is my case:
485 - Filed in July 2003
FP - Sept 2003
FP + Biometric - Dec 15, 2005

How would I know when was the name check initiated and if NC report expires ? Do they initiate another NC after that ?

GCEAD04 said:
Thanks EricS for your reply.I read your story in the thread u have mentioned.First i need to congratulate you for your brave effort.I also need to thank all the wonderful ppl in this discussion board for helping each other at the crisis.You are an inspiration for lot of other members like me in this discussion board.

I did not get any link about FOIA.Can you plz send me more info on this.Any link where i can get info about it.I have one more question when i apply for 485 are they going to ask again for my paystubs and W-2?My I 140 is already approved.

Thanks in advance,
GCEAD04

Thank you!

For info on FOIA and other useful inf on namecheck, see this thread:http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848
I do not remember exactly but your W-2/Pay stubs at 485 stage are not required for A2P but for other reasons.