Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Foia

niwsam said:
Congratuations, LCsilence.

A question: Did anyone request FOIA with FBI recently? did you send it by mail or FAX? I sent a fax two weeks ago and havent got a response. should I re-do it with regular mail? thanks for your information.
From my experience, I faxed a request to FBI for FOIA and then replied 2 weeks later with a blank form and said they don't except faxed forms that are signed, so I had to mail my one and then it took them 3 weeks to relpy back with "no records". I would suggest you fax a copy and mail one to.

Good Luck...

HK. :)

Same situation

GCEAD04 said:
Hi.

Below are my details:

PD 08/16/05
EB 2
I 140 approved Feb 01 2006

FBI name check: I have been questioned by FBI twice when i was student.They have all my details.After 9/11 i went to NYC along with my 10 friends and took pictures in city so FBI questioned for that reason.But every thing was cleared.

Another time it was in Texas when we went to visit a port.They questioned us and took all our details and later came to our apartments and searched.Every thing was cleared.My school authorities knew about this incidents they said there is nothing serious about it.

Now my concern is during 485 process r they going to create any problems.This kind of incidents happened a lot after 9/11 with students.

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks,
GCEAD04

I was in the same situation as you, i got interviewed by FBI agents 2 times after 9/11. 1st time was 2 weeks after to check on me cause i worked for the state revenue department. 2nd time was after few months later where 2 agents came to my work and interviewed me for 1 hour about what I do and where i am from and etc. I even did special registration where I interviewed with INS special agents. Maybe that is why my NC is taking more then 3 years and counting to clear. i have done all that was mentioned by Mr. Rahul but no progress yet. Good luck with your 485 process....

HK

question for LCSilence

LC...can you kindly share when your PD became current, i am just trying to find if FBI expedites the NC for Old cases whose PD becomes current.
My NC is pending since MAY-03,

Congratulations LCSilence!!!
You se, I was right about your close approval in my previous post here!
I am still waiting... so maybe I 'just' need to wait another few months....
well... will see, if anything happens I will update immediately.

Thanks Compass. You will hear the good news soon. Some people waited 4 months after their name check cleared to get an approval.

I got confused with FOIPA... Found FOIA & PA forms seperately on FBI website. Which one should I use?

More info on name check waiting time... spouse of my work collegue is waiting since Dec 2002!
(They do not know the date NC was initiated but if soon after submission of I-485, it should be Dec 2002....), their attorney initiated case expedition recently and got reply - pending due to name check...
Sad news! I thought they finished all 2002 cases and working on Jan-June 2003 at least, looks like not...

attorney recommendation in Boston area

Dear all friends,

I urgently need a good divoice lawyer in Boston area. My husband has to pay a huge child support over $2000 cash every month and additional 32% of annual salary over 100K to his exwife. Right now, everymonth, he can only bring $2800 cash to our home after health deduction. It is a huge burden. Right now, We are having our own baby now, but we couldn't afford any thing. Currently, we are not leaving in Boston area, so every month, he has to fly to Boston rent a hotel for 2 or 3 days to visit his son. That is additonal cost of $500 per month. His wife is a very nasty person, dress fashion and having a good time. I really need help from some good attorney to modify this divoice agreement.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Go to the web site www.findalawyer.com there you can explain your case and many attorney will answer to you, even you can select what experience level attorney you need.
I found a very nice lady, Marianne Fournier but she just has 3 years experience. She was oK for a name change, but for your case you need a VERY GOOD attorney. To change the childsupport amount is more diffuicult, than anything.
GOOD LUCK!

My I-485 is pending more than 2 years. I got the idea HERE thanks for you to send a letter to the Senator, so i did and also to the Ombudsman of Homeland Security. In ONE week I got the Travel Permit (which was pending for htree months) with OVERNIGHT DELIVERY and also, the appointment ! :D :) So it is worth to take your time and make a nice package to them, because they HELP!!!! :eek:

Max time for NC is 3 years, then case should be approved

compass said:
More info on name check waiting time... spouse of my work collegue is waiting since Dec 2002!
(They do not know the date NC was initiated but if soon after submission of I-485, it should be Dec 2002....), their attorney initiated case expedition recently and got reply - pending due to name check...
Sad news! I thought they finished all 2002 cases and working on Jan-June 2003 at least, looks like not...

Update on this case, and important additional info about maximum possible securoty check pending time of 3 years:
This case (quoted above) was approved, they received approval yesterday, with the approval date BACKDATED TO Dec 29, 2005, which was exactly 3 years AFTER FILING I-485 form.
So these 3 years are important mark (maybe, this is some new policy), still not clear is it for NC pending, or I-485 pending, but these (NC and I-485) are normally close to each other.

compass said:
Update on this case, and important additional info about maximum possible securoty check pending time of 3 years:
This case (quoted above) was approved, they received approval yesterday, with the approval date BACKDATED TO Dec 29, 2005, which was exactly 3 years AFTER FILING I-485 form.
So these 3 years are important mark (maybe, this is some new policy), still not clear is it for NC pending, or I-485 pending, but these (NC and I-485) are normally close to each other.

Compass but I see in the tacker people like NAMAMBER have been waiting since May 02. Is NAMAMBER still waiting or just has not updated the list.

If anyone is waiting for NC more than 3 years, please update!

I think, - I hope!, NAMAMBER is approved.
As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, our list needs updating... 'steveeva' left USA, 'gegemon' is approved....

Almost 3 years

I am still waiting for NC clearance. Will be 3 yrs in May'06. What a mess!!
My PD 06/01 (EB3-India), might get current soon and i have no clue when the NC will be cleared.

hear i am

compass said:
I think, - I hope!, NAMAMBER is approved.
As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, our list needs updating... 'steveeva' left USA, 'gegemon' is approved....
hi every one i have not got anything from uscis now i am prep my self for writ of mandamus.

Name check with out 485 application

Hi guys,

My PD is 08/16/05 EB 2

140 cleared on 02/01/06

Now i cannot file for 485 as my PD is not current.It may take few years to become current.In mean time can i request for FBI Name check.I have been questioned by FBI earlier for 2 times.They just took my details and said every thing is clear.But it happened 3 years back.So now i'm worried that my 485 may stuck in name check.

can any one suggest me on this?

Thanks,
GCEAD04

GCEAD04 said:
Hi guys,

My PD is 08/16/05 EB 2

140 cleared on 02/01/06

Now i cannot file for 485 as my PD is not current.It may take few years to become current.In mean time can i request for FBI Name check.I have been questioned by FBI earlier for 2 times.They just took my details and said every thing is clear.But it happened 3 years back.So now i'm worried that my 485 may stuck in name check.

can any one suggest me on this?

Thanks,
GCEAD04
USCIS requests a name check from FBI once you file 485, you cannot start it yourself. All you can do is get a FOIA from FBI, but that does not tell much, even if it is clear your name check may get delayed (hope not).

NAMABER said:
hi every one i have not got anything from uscis now i am prep my self for writ of mandamus.

Hi NAMABER!
Did you try to contact INS recently, after turning 3 years of waiting, to try once more to expedite your case with FBI?

Last edited by a moderator: