Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

DW2003 said:
Give me some hope. It is more than 2 years.

Unfortunately, the only hope for us is the lawsuit.

At first I was excited when I saw that most of the cases from 2002 and Q1 2003 were cleared on the tracking sheet, but after I did some digging and realized that majority of those successes were triggered by Mandamus :-(

Why long wait on name check?

Hi all, I have recently finished my Biometrics code 3, so I'm curious why people said it is going to take 6 mos - 2 years for name check. Before retrogression, some of my friends got their I-485 approved in less than 6 mos - EB3 worldwide. Those that still stuck in name check, is it because of their muslim names? Or because of the countries that they were born? No offense though, just curious.

I don't have muslim name (not a muslim), but I was born in a muslim country (South East Asia). Is that mean I'll be stucked in name check for long time period?

Thanks,
bbli
EB3 - Worldwide
PD: May 2000
LC Approved: March 2005

Called VSC regarding NC

I called VSC regarding NC, and the person there said, if we get NC we update the status and there will be LUD.
Is that true.Does anybody have email Id of VSC centre to enquire about the same.

Please let me know.

I got my and my wife's LUD (no message change) on 11/30/05 and was hoping that's a indication of our name cheack being done (there should not be anythign trigger this LUD, and, the LUD of my son (5 years old) kept unchanged).

...To my dispointment, I got to know that our name check was not through yet when I called VSC earlier this month.

babyluck said:
I called VSC regarding NC, and the person there said, if we get NC we update the status and there will be LUD.
Is that true.Does anybody have email Id of VSC centre to enquire about the same.

Please let me know.

if you have a strong case you can do that. But I read someone who is going to be naturalized into citizen is going to do that because they are not risking losing GC while ppl here are filing for AOS to get GC. These are two different cases from my point of view.

bbli said:
Hi all, I have recently finished my Biometrics code 3, so I'm curious why people said it is going to take 6 mos - 2 years for name check. Before retrogression, some of my friends got their I-485 approved in less than 6 mos - EB3 worldwide. Those that still stuck in name check, is it because of their muslim names? Or because of the countries that they were born? No offense though, just curious.

I don't have muslim name (not a muslim), but I was born in a muslim country (South East Asia). Is that mean I'll be stucked in name check for long time period?

Thanks,
bbli
EB3 - Worldwide
LC Approved: March 2005

Hi bbli,

It is a very non-linear process, they run your name through automated software check if no hit then you get cleared in a week if it is a hit then your name need to be checked manually which may take forever (1 year on optimistic side and 2-3 years in worse case)

will get there1,

Glad to hear you have your name check cleared. My RD of 485 is close to yours and NC is still pending. How do you make your NC cleared in a year? Did you contact the congressman or senetor for help or other channels? Please share your story. Thanks.

bbli said:

I

dont have a muslim name niether was I born in Muslim Dominated country
but I was stuck in name check since 2002 cleared ( hopefully) in 2005.
So dont think you are immune to the process cuz you are not a muslim or dont have muslim name.
SImple process if you name gets a hit ie your name is similar to a name in the FBI systems then they check double check triple check with all the permutations and calculations aliases used dob country of brith you past record etc etc to determine if you are indeed that person.
Thats why it takes time and cuz they are short on manpower.

cleared or not?

I am from one of the retrogressed countries. I called VSC about case status. PD April 2001. I know there is no available, but still I called. I got a reply from them that my case is on hold, and there are no visa available, and VSC is closely monitoring visa bulletin, once it is available, my case will be processed. I was reading this letter over and over, to find they are waiting for the visa available, or is my name check is over? Anybody has any idea, when I enquired, I asked them, I would like to know my name check is over or not. The representative said, they have no access to the personal information. Anybody has any information? Pls post. Thanks
Rainu

Rainu said:
I am from one of the retrogressed countries. I called VSC about case status. PD April 2001. I know there is no available, but still I called. I got a reply from them that my case is on hold, and there are no visa available, and VSC is closely monitoring visa bulletin, once it is available, my case will be processed. I was reading this letter over and over, to find they are waiting for the visa available, or is my name check is over? Anybody has any idea, when I enquired, I asked them, I would like to know my name check is over or not. The representative said, they have no access to the personal information. Anybody has any information? Pls post. Thanks
Rainu

yeah, that's what they always say "no access to the personal information", but who has? If they don't have your personal info how the heck do they know they would process your case once visa becomes available? Did you tell them or did they find out about the retrogression by themselves?

I did not tell them about retrogrression. The representative took all my information and told me, they will pass it to the officer and if I do not receive anything in 1 month time, call them again. I called them in Dec 10th and I got a reply in Jan 14th. The content already posted. But did not write anything about name check. They also quoted 2 numbers in order to know the visa availability numbers etc. Nothing about name check. I am very curious since my finger print was done in 2003 October, is it OK? or what??

Thanks
Rainu

last time I was told that my name check is cleared and again I called then other agent said that my name check is pending. Whom should I believe

how can you know if your name check is cleared or not

Will_get_there1 & Al_aos,
I appreciate your inputs. I now hope that my name is unique and there is no match in the FBI system. I'm worry because there is no LUD at all since my FP. :confused:

To All,
I didn't mean to offense anyone in their religion. I'm just naive and I've also been worried that the homeland security is very prejudice against certain group of people since the 9/11. That's what I thought since it took me almost 5 years to get my L/C approved, while there was no RFE at all and everything was in good order.

Thanks,
bbli
EB3-World Wide
L/C Approved: March 2005

Pending since Jul 03

please add me to the list, I m from Jul 03, married to US citizen,I contacted Senator and I sent email to FBI Jun05. I m thinking to file suit but my wife is afraid of it. I have a appointment with lawyer next week about NC situation.

Anybody has luck contacting USCIS?

I just followed instructions posted online and reached a VSC person. She refused to tell me if my name check has been cleared or not. Just ask me keep checking the case status online. -- which is ridiculous.

It seems they log when there is an inquiry. I cannot call again soon. What we are supposed to do in this situation?

Thanks,

same here

they dont tell you what's going on , I was asking a lot of questions last time in my visit and she said she can't answer them. I went to my lawyer tuesday and when she knew that two congressman have been asking for my file in INS she said there is nothing she can' t do. So I asked the question law suit, she doesn't go to federals courts but she will give me phone numbers......