Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Are there any name check success stories offlate?

If you have successfully got through the name check scandal of FBI, please post your story. This helps all of us still trying to find what need to be done to wake up the FBI.
Thanks

Some news of name check

Made an appointment to CIS this morning. As usual my name check is still pending, one thing that I heard from the immigation officer was that FBI cleared a batch of back-logs last week, but he didn't tell to which date. Let's write to FBI, senator and congrassman, we deserve the GC with such a long pain.

Hi FBI_Name_check,
This is good news...is any indication from Officer that when we could see the impact on case approval which got clearance in this batch from FBI? Please tell me which CIS office you visited??
thanks,

sample letter to senator/congrassman

My I485 RD is 10/1003 and my name check is still pending. Could you please post a sample letter to senator/congrassman so i can check my name check status and where to find senator/congrassman's email address. I am living in VA. Thanks.

hi xixi8888,
visit www.house.gov to find you congressman. you can also find you senator by visiting states website. as per my experience you don't need to write any letter to congressman/senator.. you just call their office and explain everything.. they send you their form and ask you to returned completed form.
good luck,

VP2003 said:
Hi FBI_Name_check,
This is good news...is any indication from Officer that when we could see the impact on case approval which got clearance in this batch from FBI? Please tell me which CIS office you visited??
thanks,
I didn't ask him this question, as expected, he just kept saying "We can't do anything until the security clearance is done...blah.blah". However, I did ask him if the visa retro-progression affected my case, he just replied that since your case is pending, no affect... Hope what he said is true. I went to Houston District this morning.

xixi8888 said:
My I485 RD is 10/1003 and my name check is still pending. Could you please post a sample letter to senator/congrassman so i can check my name check status and where to find senator/congrassman's email address. I am living in VA. Thanks.
By my experience, congrassman/woman is a little more helpful than senator, my congrssman's assistant did contact FBI by my third request, but not for any senator. Perhaps congrassmen were voted every two years, and they care a little more about votes than senator does.

• To edit the list, please reply QUOTED and remove the "quote" tag ONLY, to preserve formatting
  • NC cleared in blue

====================================================================
NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared----I485 AP/Oath Letter
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05---------9/03/2005
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
slt--------------------20-Mar-03-----20-Sep-05
barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
Belle---------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
fbi_name_check---------30-Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
wildthing-----------------Apr-04--------
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05---------08/29/05
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
RealSuperK----------------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
al_aos--------------------??????--------
Madss---------------------??????--------
EB1UB------------------15-MAR-05--------
aukumar------------------ Jan-05--------

[*]To edit the list, please reply QUOTED and remove the "quote" tag ONLY, to preserve formatting
[*] NC cleared in blue
[/list]

pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
[/QUOTE]

be the worst case

My case could be the worst case here. My 485 filed on April,2002. It was 2002, friends. FBI got the request of name check in weeks and my wife's name check was done by them in weeks. Since I am the primary applicant, my wife's approval stuck @CIS.
Now you guys has the worst reference now. => Name check for 4 years. What a system!!!!!!!

pd012 said:
[*]To edit the list, please reply QUOTED and remove the "quote" tag ONLY, to preserve formatting
[*] NC cleared in blue
[/list]

pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
Steve31415--------------July-05--------Sept 05 (but I-485 is Dec 2002)
[/QUOTE]

What does your online Case Status Say?

My application is also in name check and I had a quick question. When you folks check the case status online, what is the case type? Does it say I-485 or I-181. Mine refers to I-181.

the name check is for I485, I think. what is I181?

by the way, for these guys who got name check cleared, could you tell us if you see LUD on your I485 on the day or after your name check is cleared?

forxp said:
the name check is for I485, I think. what is I181?

by the way, for these guys who got name check cleared, could you tell us if you see LUD on your I485 on the day or after your name check is cleared?

No LUD change, but my wife was issued RFE the very same day.

I-181 Creation of Record for Permenent Residence

akssriva said:
My application is also in name check and I had a quick question. When you folks check the case status online, what is the case type? Does it say I-485 or I-181. Mine refers to I-181.

Hi Akssriva,
I have similar situation. I filed my I-485 at local office based on marriage with USC and completed interview on April'2004. I didn't had Receipt Number till last month. but when i visited local office in Sep, I asked for my Receipt number so i can check status online and they give me receipt number for I-181. officer said it is same receipt number for I-485 and I-181.
form I-181 is known as "Creation of Record for Parmenent residence". that means once your I-485 is approved they use this form internally to creat entry for parmenent residence for you. But Mine is still pending for CIA namecheck (not sure if it refer to FBI NNCP namecheck???). when i called 1-800 informaiton line, that lady told me different story about I-181. that lady told me that USCIS will not initiate I-181 until your I485 get approved.. she promise me to contact local Newark office but no news since then..:(... But i can see last activity on my I-181 case is in Nov-2003.. and i applied for I-485 in Sep-2003.. so its seems to be simeltineous process...
My understanding is I-181 form is for internal use for USCIS.. just like a backend of I-485 process.
I hope this will help u.. I have an appointment at local office at the end of this month.. and i will try to find out more about this... and post my learnings here..
I don't think they will hv some new news for me.. this time.. but just with little hope that i might get clearance this time, i am weasting one more day.
thanks,

slt said:
No LUD change, but my wife was issued RFE the very same day.

Thanks! slt, so, there is some indication in your case. if your wife did not get RFE, you will not be able to tell.

I haven't seen any LUD on my 485 for the past two month. USCIS told me they sent the name check request to FBI on August 9. They told me in mid Sept that they have not got back from FBI and told me that I should not call them too much.

Now, I am stuck in the dark. Can't call usics; Called, emailed FBI, no luck. contacted congressman, no reply. I have no way to find out if my name check is cleared or not. But, I guess if someone is stuck in name check for more than one month, he/she will stuck in name check for at least 1 year, maybe 2 or 3 years after FBI start another effort to clean up 04 and 05 backlog in 2006 or 2007. :mad:

forxp said:
Now, I am stuck in the dark. I guess if someone is stuck in name check for more than one month, he/she will stuck in name check for at least 1 year, maybe 2 or 3 years after FBI start another effort to clean up 04 and 05 backlog in 2006 or 2007. :mad:

Hi Forxp,
relax man.. don't loose hope.. yours is just few months old.. you still have very good hopes to get ur namecheck clear within 1 year.. but if its took more thn 1 year thn u need to get serious..
I have few friends.. whoes namecheck got clear after 7-9 months.. and they applied after me.. so.. its all upon luck.. when FBI tuch ur file i guess.. its not like simple row... i think they pulling files on random.. basis..
good luck..

forxp said:
Thanks! slt, so, there is some indication in your case. if your wife did not get RFE, you will not be able to tell.

I haven't seen any LUD on my 485 for the past two month. USCIS told me they sent the name check request to FBI on August 9. They told me in mid Sept that they have not got back from FBI and told me that I should not call them too much.

Now, I am stuck in the dark. Can't call usics; Called, emailed FBI, no luck. contacted congressman, no reply. I have no way to find out if my name check is cleared or not. But, I guess if someone is stuck in name check for more than one month, he/she will stuck in name check for at least 1 year, maybe 2 or 3 years after FBI start another effort to clean up 04 and 05 backlog in 2006 or 2007. :mad:

one month is just nothing, 2-3 years is pretty common nowadays

VP2003 said:
Hi Akssriva,
I have similar situation. I filed my I-485 at local office based on marriage with USC and completed interview on April'2004. I didn't had Receipt Number till last month. but when i visited local office in Sep, I asked for my Receipt number so i can check status online and they give me receipt number for I-181. officer said it is same receipt number for I-485 and I-181.
form I-181 is known as "Creation of Record for Parmenent residence". that means once your I-485 is approved they use this form internally to creat entry for parmenent residence for you. But Mine is still pending for CIA namecheck (not sure if it refer to FBI NNCP namecheck???). when i called 1-800 informaiton line, that lady told me different story about I-181. that lady told me that USCIS will not initiate I-181 until your I485 get approved.. she promise me to contact local Newark office but no news since then..:(... But i can see last activity on my I-181 case is in Nov-2003.. and i applied for I-485 in Sep-2003.. so its seems to be simeltineous process...
My understanding is I-181 form is for internal use for USCIS.. just like a backend of I-485 process.
I hope this will help u.. I have an appointment at local office at the end of this month.. and i will try to find out more about this... and post my learnings here..
I don't think they will hv some new news for me.. this time.. but just with little hope that i might get clearance this time, i am weasting one more day.
thanks,

VP2003 - I think we're in the same boat. The LUD on my I-181 is Oct 2004, a couple of months after I first filed my I-485. I called the USCIS yesterday and the lady on the phone said that they ususally create the I-181 AFTER the 485 is approved but I guess it could be a simultaneous process or a 'placeholder' that the USCIS likes to use. I will check back in a month to see where it all stands but I doubt it'll help. I guess I got excited about the I-181 for no reason at all. :)

Let us know how your USCIS visit goes.

Anybody's name check is cleared?

If FBI has formed a team to focus on clearing 2002-03 cases, why the people on this list are not clearing? Or after the name checks are cleared, they didn't bother to post?

Also, any success with Writ of Mandamus to force FBI to clear the name check?

Last edited by a moderator: