Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

stinger said:
All

Does Name check results have expiry date on them like FP/Biometrics (15 months) and medicals (18months)?

I am EB3-India PD Feb 2001. I know it will be a while before my PD becomes current. Definitely do not want to have my NC results expired after all this crap at the time when a visa# becomes available for me.

Please let me know.

--thanks

Yes, Name Check has some validity period,I read it somewhere. I am guessing 2 years.

I too am affected by retrogression, I am afraid I'll get stuck in the NC Loop.

Are you sure about expiration of medicals? Where did you get 18 months? My only medical (I-693) was done in September 2002 and my I-485 was approved in September 2005. I didn't have any medical RFE.

As far as I remember, CIS now stores fingerprints in their database. So, when FP report expires after 15 months, they can just submit the same FP to fbi without asking applicant to do FP again. Only those, who did FP before they started to store it, need to go for 2nd (3rd etc.) FPs. Since FP results are usually back within a few days, it will probably cause no delays in I485 processing.

since when have they started storing the FPs
They are still calling for Fresh Fps. A co office worker was recently called for FP

I think they started to store FP at some time in 2004. So everybody who did first FP before 2004 (and may be in few first months of 2004) have no FP stored and need to go for 2nd FP after 15 months. People who did 1st FP in the second half on 2004 (and later) should have their FP stored and if they are not approved within 15 months, they are not supposed to do 2nd FP. CIS will just submit the same FP to FBI for a new FP check.

let's keep this topic to "name check" related. this way, other people knows where to find informaiton. thanks

I did 3rd FP on 8/18/05 and my wife did one on 10/12/04 and let's see if they require another FP after 15 months.

Lets sue FBI and USCIS

My name check has been pending since April 2003. Now seems we are all going to be stuck here forever. Anyone wants to join me to sue FBI and USCIS as a group? Lets do that...

Name check cleared!!

Folks,

My congressman's office forwarded me a mail from fbi nncp that my name check has cleared. My name check started on aug 19 2003, cleared on sept 20 2005. Wife's got cleared on the same day it was filed i.e. aug 19 2003. Does anyone know how long it takes for USCIS to approve the case after name check clearance. I have one week before the dates retrogress. Is there a remote chance that the approval is possible.

Thanks !

I140/485 EB2 receipt date July 21, 2003
Priority date June 2001

How good is that finally FBI is trying to clear 2002/2003 name checks? I am already screwed since retrogression kicks in. Might be a conspiracy between USCIS and FBI to keep us exploited.

people who got cleared, will you guys please update the list. give us poor poor people behind some hope. heheheh

slt said:
NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared---- I485 Approval
===============================================================
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05---------9/03/2005:)
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
slt-----------------------20-Mar-03--------20-Sep-05
barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
Belle----------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05--------08/29/05:)
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
al_aos--------------------??????--------
Madss---------------------??????--------

to start lawsuit, we need to retain a lot of evidence that we have contacted all agencies. that will take a while.
to file by a group of people is unlikly. I heard from a lawyer (on this site) that this kind of class action suit will not be accepted by the USCIS because this is technically 'national security' issue on a PERSON TO PERSON basis.
say if you are in the law suit with 2 other people and one of you guys are 'al zikada-whatever'. then all of you got denied. of course it won't be fair.

if you are stuck in a emergency situation, the law suit is the way to go.
also, if what we heard is true (that FBI is working on this), then it won't hurt to wait another few month??

<quote>say if you are in the law suit with 2 other people and one of you guys are 'al zikada-whatever'. then all of you got denied. of course it won't be fair.</quote>

Good point. I am still going to contact local ACLU.

<quote>also, if what we heard is true (that FBI is working on this), then it won't hurt to wait another few month??</quote>

Sounds like deja moo - I think I've heard this bull before