Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

bambooshoot said:
The computer is much smarter than you think. Jokes apart, there are functions available in most of the programming languages, that help you identify similar sounding names. I too have a very uncommon name and it would be very difficult to find even a similar sounding name. Yes, we cannot be sure how this works. Here I am stuck in name check, whereas a friend of mine who has a very common name and you get loads of criminal reports when you do a google search on his name (although he is not the same person) got his name cleared in one day by FBI.
Hi, Bambooshoot
What does "no records" mean? Does it mean the naming check is cleared or just there is no records in FBI system, but they could still be checking it for some unkown reasons?

Thanks!

FOIPA is not FBI name check although they may done by the same division. I heard name check is much more extensive. but don't know how?
refer to previous post for detailed information. sorry i can't find the link.

can anybody provide a sample letter for congressman to ask the name check staus since the FBI email inquiry is not available anymore? :cool: :p

Hi Forxp,
Forget about congressman, senetor, gorverner.... all are helpless. atleast that is true for New Jesey. I tried each n every person.. no body wants to contact FBI for status. same old answer.. its not in their hand.. if you are really lucky enough..try to call ur congressman & senetor.. ,u might get answer... visit.. www.house.gov to find your congressman..
I think congressman is better thn senetor to give respose.. at least base on my experience.. senetor office don't even try to look in to it.. :(
good luck..
for information: I called FBI NNCP yesterday.. lady told me that they are stop replying email inquiries for namecheck status for next 90 days.. they might think to start replying emails after 3 months...what a mess... final hope is also gone... now.. only god can help us.. Please... god help me... i know there are few nice ppl in this world which really helps.. i wish somebody working at FBI/CIA or USCIS can help me to resolve my case...:(

PD and NC

Hi: Lucky_gc, do you mean that even if UCSIC has already started processing a 485 Case (receipt date of June 2004), now that the pd was set back, they would stop processing this case until the prior date was current?
Thanks.

lucky_gc said:
Hi, Heha
Let's say this way, even the PD is current, most of us won't be able to get GC because NC is not cleared. Just like days before Oct.

I think NC is as important as PD too.

VP2003 said:
Hi Forxp,
Forget about congressman, senetor, gorverner.... all are helpless. atleast that is true for New Jesey. I tried each n every person.. no body wants to contact FBI for status. same old answer.. its not in their hand.. if you are really lucky enough..try to call ur congressman & senetor.. ,u might get answer... visit.. www.house.gov to find your congressman..
I think congressman is better thn senetor to give respose.. at least base on my experience.. senetor office don't even try to look in to it.. :(
good luck..
for information: I called FBI NNCP yesterday.. lady told me that they are stop replying email inquiries for namecheck status for next 90 days.. they might think to start replying emails after 3 months...what a mess... final hope is also gone... now.. only god can help us.. Please... god help me... i know there are few nice ppl in this world which really helps.. i wish somebody working at FBI/CIA or USCIS can help me to resolve my case...:(

I wonder if a Congressman Office/ Senators Office says that they cannot help, can they give us a letter saying that they cannot help?

We would like to have such a letter to file a Mandamus Case.

SKIN TEST POSITIVE
-------------------
I am not sure if this is right forum. I thought I might get some answers for my question.
I tested positive for the skin test. Do I need to worry. I had to take the chest X-rays. What happens if my chest x-rays is not normal.

does anyone know what the reason is FBI stopped replying to e-mails? what is it they do for the next 90 days that is a reason to stop replying?

VP2003 said:

NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared---- I485 Approval
===============================================================
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05---------9/03/2005:)
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
slt-----------------------20-Mar-03--------20-Sep-05
barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
Belle2?-------------------Nov-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05--------08/29/05:)
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
al_aos--------------------??????--------
Madss---------------------??????--------

Hi! Slt
congratulation for your clear name check! how did you find it out? since FBI stop answering email inqueries. Did you contact the congressman? if you have such letter available, could you please send it to me at forxpp@gmail.com. Thanks!

blueaty said:
Hi: Lucky_gc, do you mean that even if UCSIC has already started processing a 485 Case (receipt date of June 2004), now that the pd was set back, they would stop processing this case until the prior date was current?
Thanks.

Hi, Blueaty
I have heard that USCIS will continue to process the 485 case, but they can not issue Green Card until PD is current.

For me, even the PD is current, I still can not get the 485 approval because I am stuck in naming check.

Good luck!

Lucky_gc,

Where did you hear that USCIS is going to continue to approve I485, but not issuing GC until PD is current?

What is the applicant's status: after I485 approval but before GC? Can we change job after I485 approval before GC?

I have the same question for lucky_gc. where did you get this information? It maybe a kind of good news if uscis can continue approve our I485.
now, the question is how can we make our Name Check clear??? :(

Sorry,
I just mean CIS will continute to process the 485 case, not approve.

Please refer to
http://www.immigration-law.com/
Visa Number Retrogression Q&A Link

Here is the original description:
"once your I-485 application is in the pipeline, the USCIS will keep processing your application even during the period of visa number unavailability, such as fingerprinting, namechecks, security clearance, etc., and when your case approaches the visa number date, your case will be ready for approval by the agency"

slt, Congratulations !

It is always a sweet thing to see people got NC cleared, that keeps us hopeful in a seemingly hopeless situation ...

received letter from senator, pending

SLT's experience is scared for most of us. He luckly got his NC clear just relying on special connection with FBI.
I just received a letter from my senator office about my NC status.
" A review of the FBI name check program database concerning Mr. --- revealed that this request was received from the USCIS on Feb 8, 2005, and is currently in a pending status. The FBI is sensitive to the impact of the delays in processing name check requests. At the same time, the consequences of the FBI's mission on homeland security requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. This means that there are instances when FBI's review of a name check request must require as much time as needed to obtain an unequivocally correct result. Mr.-- may be assured that the immigration authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of the case."

How stupid the name check is ? We're legal immigration person who follow all USA laws, make contributions for USA economy and pay tax. The government treats us as a potential terror. Tens millions of illegal immigrats on the street, the government prohabits anybody, except bound officer, ask their immigration status.

It seems the senator just help us to get status of our NC. What else can we do to get our NC clear? :confused: :mad:

at least we may be to find out they are still working on our name check. our case is not sitting there collecting dust. If FBI take national security as their excuse, no one can argue with them. :(

lucky_gc said:
"once your I-485 application is in the pipeline, the USCIS will keep processing your application even during the period of visa number unavailability, such as fingerprinting, namechecks, security clearance, etc., and when your case approaches the visa number date, your case will be ready for approval by the agency"

That's a wishful thinking. Here is my example: my 485 has RD Dec. 2002 (EB-1), was transfered to the local center (NYC) on Aug. 2004. After making some noise I got interviewed July 10 2005, no stamping, was told that that NC is pending. A congressman found out that request for NC had been recieved by FBI three weeks after the interview , July 29 2005, and as of now is still pending. Turned out that in 2.5 years nobody submitted the name check, it happend only when an examiner put the case on his desk, which I guess happend somewhere in May 2005.
I just don't believe they are going to do anything until your PD is current. Why bother, may be you'll go home after having enough.

this is what I am afraid of. USCIS told me they sent out the request for Name check in August and they are currently waiting for the result. I don't know if they did or not. The only way to find it out is get in touch with FBI through some special ways. Nobody wants to find out after several years that there is no name check request from uscis to FBI. :(

since my name check is pending for less than two month, it maybe difficult to make noise or, shall I? :rolleyes:

Does NC results have expiry date?

All

Does Name check results have expiry date on them like FP/Biometrics (15 months) and medicals (18months)?

I am EB3-India PD Feb 2001. I know it will be a while before my PD becomes current. Definitely do not want to have my NC results expired after all this crap at the time when a visa# becomes available for me.

Please let me know.

--thanks

Last edited by a moderator: