Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Stuck_forever,
Congratulations!!!! Your info gives us some hope... please, update when you will receive any news - I suppose, good news like approval letter!

VP2003 said:
Hi Stuck_forever,
First of all many many congratulation for clearing your name-check. U r the lucky man.. I wish you get your green card soon... now please tell me which number you call for USCIS, Vermont Center...
thanks,

I did it as follows:
- Called the national customer Service Center and checked case status: dial 1-800-375-5283 then press the sequence: 1 (for English), 2, 6, 1, Receipt number)
- Then, after listening the status follow Option 3 and then 4. You will be then contacted to an officer in Vermont.

Hope this info is useful.

stuck_forever said:
My I-485 RD is November 5, 2002. And I have been waiting for the name check to clear for almost 3 years. Today I called USCIS at Vermont Center, and the lady told me that finally my name check was cleared in October 19, 2005! She told me that I should receive a notification within 30 to 60 days. I hope the information she gave me is valid. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Congratulations! Do you think she was talking about a notification that your name check was cleared?? I always wondered how will I know when it's finally cleared.

nati309 said:
Congratulations! Do you think she was talking about a notification that your name check was cleared?? I always wondered how will I know when it's finally cleared.
No, I think she was talking about final approval. I hope.

stuck_forever said:
My I-485 RD is November 5, 2002. And I have been waiting for the name check to clear for almost 3 years. Today I called USCIS at Vermont Center, and the lady told me that finally my name check was cleared in October 19, 2005! She told me that I should receive a notification within 30 to 60 days. I hope the information she gave me is valid. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Stuck_forever,

Did your LUD change around Oct 19 when your name check was cleared?

A depressing thought for Saturday morning

On slashdot (http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/04/2119227&threshold=1&tid=158&tid=219):

" As a person who recently had a background check done by "BackChek" (a ChoicePoint company), I can speak with first-hand of the experience.

Without mincing words, it was botched. My name turned up two other criminal records with a similar name. I assure you, this was quite a suprise to me as I've never been detained, charged, arrested or incarcerated before by any authority.

So, after being informed by my recruiter that my background check had "turned something up", I was quite upset. You see, I had already turned in notice to job #1 (I was extended an offer before the criminal background check was completed) and was winding down at that job and preparing for job #2. After much scrambling around and research, I managed to secure a copy of one of the accusatory instruments.

They had matched my supposed 'criminal record' with this other criminal record on NAME ALONE. In terms that more of you might understand: Select * from Criminal_Database where NAME equals "$myname";. I am a full 7" taller than this person and weighed approximately 50 pounds more. I also had different color hair and different color eyes. I live at a different address in a different county. I am of a different race. Wouldn't you think that data integrity of a company like ChoicePoint would be of a slightly higher quality? Rather than costing me DAYS of

The biggest problem that I had with the entire experience is that the ChoicePoint company was very unwilling to research the problem further, even with me giving them the case #, the court's contact information and other such information. I even faxed them a copy of the actual report, but they were unwilling to review it. I am still awaiting their final disposition, some 3 weeks later. "

...and there is no reason to believe those bastards at FBI could do any better. We are fucked. We are so fucking fucked...

bambooshoot said:
Stuck_forever,

Did your LUD change around Oct 19 when your name check was cleared?

No, it didn't. It still shows my last LUD at the begining of the year, when I called to get information about my case through USCIS.

Anyone got E-mail reply from FBI ??

Hello Group,

Is it true that FBI is no more responding to E-mail request on name check status...? and if they are can you please let me know from what month they are replying to currently.

Thanks,

Looking at my time line below, do you guys think it is a good idea to ask the senator of my state to check on the status of my application? I'm thinking that I should wait until the new year.

FBI is wrking very hard (ly) and silently on name check cases and do not want to be disturbed as this would take away from the time they to work on our cases. Hence they stopped replying to our emails ( read they are not answerable tio us anymore)
You should have "faith" in an organization as FBI as it has in the past always "proven " themselves as "efficient" and a proffessional organization.
All pending name check will be cleared in time and I guess by that time most priority dates will be current.
:)
:)
:) my thoughts for a friday morning

AL_AOS,

You do have great faith in this great country. If they are working so hard on clearing our namechecks, why there are no posting that name checks are cleared?

Call me Shrek said:
On slashdot (http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/04/2119227&threshold=1&tid=158&tid=219):

" As a person who recently had a background check done by "BackChek" (a ChoicePoint company), I can speak with first-hand of the experience.

Without mincing words, it was botched. My name turned up two other criminal records with a similar name. I assure you, this was quite a suprise to me as I've never been detained, charged, arrested or incarcerated before by any authority.

So, after being informed by my recruiter that my background check had "turned something up", I was quite upset. You see, I had already turned in notice to job #1 (I was extended an offer before the criminal background check was completed) and was winding down at that job and preparing for job #2. After much scrambling around and research, I managed to secure a copy of one of the accusatory instruments.

They had matched my supposed 'criminal record' with this other criminal record on NAME ALONE. In terms that more of you might understand: Select * from Criminal_Database where NAME equals "$myname";. I am a full 7" taller than this person and weighed approximately 50 pounds more. I also had different color hair and different color eyes. I live at a different address in a different county. I am of a different race. Wouldn't you think that data integrity of a company like ChoicePoint would be of a slightly higher quality? Rather than costing me DAYS of

The biggest problem that I had with the entire experience is that the ChoicePoint company was very unwilling to research the problem further, even with me giving them the case #, the court's contact information and other such information. I even faxed them a copy of the actual report, but they were unwilling to review it. I am still awaiting their final disposition, some 3 weeks later. "

...and there is no reason to believe those bastards at FBI could do any better. We are fucked. We are so fucking fucked...

Although you last statement was supposed to make me sad.For some reason, i couldnt stop laughing for a minute or so.Guess we have to be sarcastic and laugh at our own fate as there is nothing else we can do about this namecheck . :D

LOL!!! not bad for a Friday! refreshing!
Al_aos said:
FBI is wrking very hard (ly) and silently on name check cases and do not want to be disturbed as this would take away from the time they to work on our cases. Hence they stopped replying to our emails ( read they are not answerable tio us anymore)
You should have "faith" in an organization as FBI as it has in the past always "proven " themselves as "efficient" and a proffessional organization.
All pending name check will be cleared in time and I guess by that time most priority dates will be current.

Nncp

Hi All,
How do I know that I am stuck in NNCP ?
I filed my 485 almost 2 years ago. No progress since then.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Guys..

I ve just came back from USCIS office. I made and Infopass appointment to ask why my case is taking longer to be approved than the average of the cases that are being processesing in my Local Office.

They told me that they cannot complete my case in the normal time due my Name check is still pending ( my fingerprints were cleared the same day that i submitted them).

Now its been 3 months since i did my biometrics/fingerprints.

Questions:
1)IS NORMAL THAT THE NAME CHECK IS STILL PENDING 3 MONTHS LATER?
2) WHATS THE AVERAGE TIME TO HAVE YOUR NAME CHECK CLEANED?

I am from america.....

Ill appreciate any kind of answers.

thanks so much!

Update on my case: on Nov 16, as I was told in local office, my name check was still pending....since oct 2003....

k1_visa said:
Hi Guys..

Questions:
1)IS NORMAL THAT THE NAME CHECK IS STILL PENDING 3 MONTHS LATER?
2) WHATS THE AVERAGE TIME TO HAVE YOUR NAME CHECK CLEANED?

I am from america.....

Ill appreciate any kind of answers.

thanks so much!

My name check has been pending since JUNE 2003 and I had my interview in OCT 2004 and still havnt got my approval.
So however abnormaly the USCIS works everything is "normal " for them.

"I am from America...." I do not understand this statement. If you are from America why would they need your name check and for what