Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

they sent the name check results by tape!!! in ordinary mail!!! :eek:
I heard many people said FBI sent the NC result back the same day they requested. I would imagine they send it back electronically.

by the way, where did you find out the way of sending results??

If FBI send results back by tapes, and then USCIS will upload to their database, it could take several weeks.

Hi Folks,
I got information from my congressman office that FBI provides namecheck result to USCIS nearly four times a year. This is not every quarterly, its random.. and nobody knows when FBI release namecheck result to USCIS washington headquarter except USCIS and FBI..:).,
I don't know above information given to me by congressman office is true or not.. but i think its right.
thanks,

Don't think that is the case. People have gotten green cards in five months and under DORA you can get in three months at least the family based so I believe it has to be more frequent than that. No one knows except USCSIS HQ and FBI. Even the people at district centers are not sure. My name check was sent sometime in May and it was received by FBI on last week of July, my interviewer showed that to me on her computer.

I am shocked!!! only 4 times a year.
I know a girl who got her GC 2 months ago. Her FP is in May and approved in June. She filed 485 in March. I guess she was luck.
The problem is nobody knows how FBI operates. they said it is national security. :mad:

tangohi said:
Don't think that is the case. People have gotten green cards in five months and under DORA you can get in three months at least the family based so I believe it has to be more frequent than that. No one knows except USCSIS HQ and FBI. Even the people at district centers are not sure. My name check was sent sometime in May and it was received by FBI on last week of July, my interviewer showed that to me on her computer.

You mean it took 2 months for FBI to get the request from USCIS! it is unbelievable. :eek:
I thought these are all done electronically. Now I found they are not.

I think, we don't have other choice rather then belive in somebody's words. there are so much incosistancy in difference cases. God knows.. how FBI and USCIS operates. I wish they open their mouth to explain there process. that will at least help us to give some kind of hope. Mine 485 is also family base (marriage base).
Hey do any one know if we can refile the case through DORA. is DORA available in all state. I am in New Jersey.
thanks,

visa quota

It seems that not many people worries about the new cutoff date which was moved back to May2000. Yes, May2000!? This means that most of us won't be able to get GC even the NC is cleared right now. Is this fair? Isn't this ridiculous?

BTW, congratulations Dima66a!

heha

Hi FORXP
Yes it is true it took them 2 months. She told me that they send in batches not every day. Even if it is in batches, apparently they send it to the main office in USCIS and from there it is sent to FBI, I do not know how but probably though electronic tape or so. After FBI receives it she does not know what happens except that she says she checks the results once a week I do not kow if that is true, i think i will need to go every month and remind her to check it. They all seem so incompetent at times to me especially the people who man the infopass desl. The infopass people say something and the call center number people say something. It is just ridiculous.

hey guys/gurus
How do i find that when my name check was initiated?
I have already written an email inquiry to FBI but i guess it is going to take many months for there response.

EB2
I485: RD: 2-NOV-04
29-AUG-05: Inquiry to USCIS revealed that my case is delayed do the security check results.
7-SEP-05:Email to FBI for status check

Any response lately from FBI

Any response from FBI reg Name check status requests?

Please post if you received a e-mail from FBI recently.

-GcNov2004

Hi, Heha
Let's say this way, even the PD is current, most of us won't be able to get GC because NC is not cleared. Just like days before Oct.

I think NC is as important as PD too.

heha said:
It seems that not many people worries about the new cutoff date which was moved back to May2000. Yes, May2000!? This means that most of us won't be able to get GC even the NC is cleared right now. Is this fair? Isn't this ridiculous?

BTW, congratulations Dima66a!

heha

What is FBI Email address

Hi
can someone give me the email address of FBI for knowing the name check status? Also what information should I send in the email?

Thanks

lucky_gc said:
Hi, Heha
Let's say this way, even the PD is current, most of us won't be able to get GC because NC is not cleared. Just like days before Oct.

I think NC is as important as PD too.

lucky_gc

You're right, sort of. We need both conditions satisfied to get GC, NC is cleared and PD is current. NC is the problem for us here, but PD wasn't a problem yet it is a problem now. Having just one problem is still better than having two problems.

heha

naming check contact info

rp12345 said:
Hi
can someone give me the email address of FBI for knowing the name check status? Also what information should I send in the email?

Thanks

Hi, rp12345
Please refer to
http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-187320.html

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752

Hi all,
I received response from FBI for my FOIPA request on 17th september by regular mail. FBI received my request on 1st September. according to their answer there is "NO Record", I am still waiting for email response about status of my Name Check request.
followings are exect wordings from response i received from FBI:

Dear XXX,
This is in response to your Freedom of Information-Privacy Acts (FOIPA) request noted above.

A search of the automated indices to our central records system files at FBI Headquarters located no records responsive to your FOIPA request.

Although no records responsive to your FOIPA request were located, we are required to inform you that you are entitled to file an administrative appeal if you so desire.

Sincerely Yours,
XXXX

Please, anybody explain second paragraph above regarding "administrative appeal". anybody get similar response?

some people in this forum said FBI name check will check all the possibilities: such as, first name
last name
first name and last name
last name and first name

Is this true? I think it will be stupid if they check only first or last name since so many people has the exact first name or last name.

If they are not, I wonder why I am stuck in name check. I don't have a common last and first name together although I may have a common last name. Just can not figure it out. :( :mad:

They do similar sounding name matches too. For eg. if the name is Aarti Kapoor, they would check Aarti Kapur or Arati Kapur or Arati Kapoor etc.

how can it be possible to search the similar sounding names? The computer program can not be so smart. Each name is different. How many similar soundings there are? Anyway, it maybe useless trying to figure out what logic behind their name checking process.

maybe the one who programmed the software can give us some lights. :p

The computer is much smarter than you think. Jokes apart, there are functions available in most of the programming languages, that help you identify similar sounding names. I too have a very uncommon name and it would be very difficult to find even a similar sounding name. Yes, we cannot be sure how this works. Here I am stuck in name check, whereas a friend of mine who has a very common name and you get loads of criminal reports when you do a google search on his name (although he is not the same person) got his name cleared in one day by FBI.