Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

just wonder how many terrorists they have caught so far by name checking?

If a person hates the country so much that he wants to do it harm by killing himself, why does he want to become a resident?
If the next terrorist attack comes from some US-born Axxxx/Sxxxx descents, will they require name check on all citizens/people in this category?

a different approach

This whole "name check" thing really doesn't make any sense.

When the lawmakers were sold on this name check idea, it was described as as a very simple but effective process. In reality this has created so many problems and generated so much negative impacts on so many people's lives, with such a weak reasoning behind doing it.

Let's don't be preoccupied by the delay of FBI, we should write/call lawmakers and let them know that "name check" should be scrapped from PR process all together. DHS should focus more on the borders, not the people who want to live here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pending name check

I applied for adjustment of status through my husband. We both applied at the same time.

485 RD - March 2005
Spouse 485 approved on 5/17/05
My 485 is pending for name check. :(

scv99

Zhima,

Yes they(N.C) are indeed not popular and mysterious. If they would have caught someone it would have gone thru the media directly and everyone would know the process. But on the other hand the FBI is smart enough to pull out something from this and show to the congress that they indeed caught some people (which I think I read in one of their great testimony) and that's what the congress wants. It is better to catch these people before they catch you theory ;-0
So it just works for them !! and obviously not for us :mad:

-Sonpapdi

zhima said:
This whole "name check" thing really doesn't make any sense.

When the lawmakers were sold on this name check idea, it was described as as a very simple but effective process. In reality this has created so many problems and generated so much negative impacts on so many people's lives, with such a weak reasoning behind doing it.

Let's don't be preoccupied by the delay of FBI, we should write/call lawmakers and let them know that "name check" should be scrapped from PR process all together. DHS should focus more on the borders, not the people who want to live here.

help from congressman

Can anyone share how you got help from your congressman? I tried both senator and congressman serving my area, and they said they can only folow up with CIS, not FBI...

Name check cleared

All, Today I got a second e-mail from FBI stating that my name check has been cleared. This is sooo wierd... last sunday I posted a message in this thread that my name check is pending. untill last sunday i had'nt even got a reply to my name check inquiry. Miraculously i got a reply on wednesday that my name check was pending and today i got another e-mail that the results have been sent to USCIS headquarters in washington DC... Looks like FBI is seriously working on reducing the back log. I will pray for all of you. All the best to you all.

Name Date NC Initiated Date NC Cleared
dima66a...............Dec-02..............Jun-05
FavorOfGod...........Dec-02...............Jun-05
XYZ.....................Dec-02..............Jun-05
Tomcat74.............Dec-02..............Aug-12
steveva2001.........Feb 03
slt.......................Mar-03
pharmboy.............Apr-03
getnkk.................May-03
MD_Rockville.........Jul-03
kevinwushao.........Jul-03................Jun-05
LCSilence.............Jul-03
PHSESAaug...........Aug-03
Srisss .................Aug-03................May-05
candie.................Sep-03
walt1891..............Sep-03
Compass..............Oct-03
Inlineforgc_03.......Oct-03
MD_Germantown....Oct-03.................Jul-05
Belle2?.................Nov-03
benbenr...............Dec-03
mgzh...................Jan-04
Hidden_Man..........Mar-04
Shrek..................Mar-04
GCCrak................Mar-04
eternal_labor........04-Mar-04
stats...................Apr-04
my485_04.............13-May-04
nandpc................19-May-04
Quizfan...............Jun-04.................Jul-05
heha...................Jun-04
Malgi...................Jul-04
Wang2Mazi...........Jul-04
Outletvolt1...........Aug-04
romit...................Sep-04
ultraraj................Sep-04
joshi343...............Dec-04
ninehead..............Dec-04
Timaeuti..............Jan-05
pbkreddy ...........09-Feb-05
Contact00007.......Feb-05
stinger................Apr-05
sunjoshi...............Apr-05
mailgc2001...........May-05
happy4you...........Jun-05
al_aos..................????

tomcat74 said:
Looks like FBI is seriously working on reducing the back log. QUOTE]

You waited for 3 years after filing 485 ..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

You call that seriousely working ??
Wonder how much more seriousely they should work to get to my case.

@Tomcat

tomcat74 said:
All, Today I got a second e-mail from FBI stating that my name check has been cleared. This is sooo wierd... last sunday I posted a message in this thread that my name check is pending. untill last sunday i had'nt even got a reply to my name check inquiry. Miraculously i got a reply on wednesday that my name check was pending and today i got another e-mail that the results have been sent to USCIS headquarters in washington DC... Looks like FBI is seriously working on reducing the back log. I will pray for all of you. All the best to you all.

When did you send the email Tomcat???

Mr. Khanna asks for 5000 to file writ of mandermus. It is a little too expensive to me to consider it right now.

However, I don't want the law suit really go to trial. I want it be settled, if not I would just give it up. So in this sense, I don't need a local lawyer?

Thanks,

Gurus!
When one should really concern/consider to send an email enquiry to FBI to check the status of name or background clearence? My 485 is just pending for 2 months only. I do not know whether USCIS has initiated name check or not, though I have done FP a month ago.

Any relation between Application to Canadian Immigration and Delay in FBI clearance??

Elsewhere in this fourm ( Title : security clearance) , I read some interesting fact. Many of us whose FBI clearance is long pending have / had applied for Canadian immigration in the past. I had also applied for Canadian immigration and my FBI clearance is pending even when my AOS interview is done.
Anyone from the pendindg list have / had applied for candian immigration?? Any corelation between that and this FBI clearnce delay??? Please post your replies. This will help us to analyze the cause for the delay.

helponline1 said:
Elsewhere in this fourm ( Title : security clearance) , I read some interesting fact. Many of us whose FBI clearance is long pending have / had applied for Canadian immigration in the past. I had also applied for Canadian immigration and my FBI clearance is pending even when my AOS interview is done.
Anyone from the pendindg list have / had applied for candian immigration?? Any corelation between that and this FBI clearnce delay??? Please post your replies. This will help us to analyze the cause for the delay.
i don't think so. at least not in my case. this theory doesn't make sense, Canada is a friendly country, they shouldn't care about that.
a lot of people here forget that the delay in our cases is NOT because of they are investigating us. It is because our papers are sitting somewhere in the dust.!!! remember that.

Congratualtions tomcat74 !!!

I'm happy for you. You deserve it. :)

btw, did you see any LUD changes on your I-485 recently ?

tomcat74 said:

Added myself to the list. Stuck in name check since April 2003. Have sent complaint letters to USCIS, DHS Ombudsman, DHS General Counsel, and local US Attorney giving them one month to work on my case. USCIS already replied with "pending security check" crap. Filing writ of mandamus early September. Only a lawsuit can make these bastards to work.

Name Date .......NC Initiated Date ...NC Cleared
dima66a...............Dec-02..............Jun-05
FavorOfGod...........Dec-02...............Jun-05
XYZ.....................Dec-02..............Jun-05
Tomcat74.............Dec-02..............Aug-12
steveva2001.........Feb 03
slt.......................Mar-03
pharmboy.............Apr-03
gegemon..............Apr-03
getnkk.................May-03
MD_Rockville.........Jul-03
kevinwushao.........Jul-03................Jun-05
LCSilence.............Jul-03
PHSESAaug...........Aug-03
Srisss .................Aug-03................May-05
candie.................Sep-03
walt1891..............Sep-03
Compass..............Oct-03
Inlineforgc_03.......Oct-03
MD_Germantown....Oct-03.................Jul-05
Belle2?.................Nov-03
benbenr...............Dec-03
mgzh...................Jan-04
Hidden_Man..........Mar-04
Shrek..................Mar-04
GCCrak................Mar-04
eternal_labor........04-Mar-04
stats...................Apr-04
my485_04............13-May-04
nandpc................19-May-04
Quizfan...............Jun-04.................Jul-05
heha...................Jun-04
Malgi...................Jul-04
Wang2Mazi...........Jul-04
Outletvolt1...........Aug-04
romit...................Sep-04
ultraraj................Sep-04
joshi343...............Dec-04
ninehead..............Dec-04
Timaeuti..............Jan-05
pbkreddy ...........09-Feb-05
Contact00007.......Feb-05
stinger................Apr-05
sunjoshi...............Apr-05
mailgc2001...........May-05
happy4you...........Jun-05
al_aos..................????

Determining "Pending Since"

I could use your guidance on this matter. In this thread, I notice several folks informing when their name check has been pending since..

How is this "pending since" date determined? Is it the 485 ND or the date on which FP was done ?

thanks much,
DesiInDC

EB3 Substitute labor
PD: 3/15/01
Concurrent Filing, 140/485/EAD-I/AP-1
RD: 5/7/04 ND: 5/20/04
EAD-I AD: 7/27/04
AP-I AD: 7/30/04
140 AD: 12/7/04
EAD-2 ND: 4/1/05 AD: 5/9/05; AP-2 ND: 4/1/05; AD: 5/12/05
FP Alexandria; ND: 3/6/05, Scheduled: 4/19/05, Completed: 4/20/05
485 LUD Changes; 4/20/05, 4/21/05, 4/27/05 (received/resumed)