Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

dima66a

Well, You have a point here. But you have to admit another issue, any student in xUSSR technical school signed "3rd level" of clearance at one time or another, in addition, almost everybody who was at ROTC signed them as well.

And if what you said is true, we should have seen mass denials of this category. But there is no evidence to confirm this fact. In fact, USCIS even has special immigrant visa category for xUSSR defense scientists, who had clearance up to "1st" "Osobo sekretno" i "Sov Sekretno".

And you also know perfectly well, that these "3rd level clearance" are total BS, they are absolutely irrelevant and never involved anything real.

Well, we shall see. If your theory is true, then, well, I signed these papers in 1994 :)) so it will be 2014 for me :)))

I didn't sign anything, and my name is not that common (never met anyone with the same last name as mine) and I am still waiting since Dec 2003. I think we are giving them too much credit by thinking there is logic to our wait. It just takes them a long time to get to each case, is all.

slt,

since there are not so many cases waiting for name check after signing 3rd level secrecy, it is possible that some papers are missing in thoses cases. And only cases with missing records have to wait 20 years. I know several people who signed those secret BS papers together with me and now they have citizenship, while I'm still waiting for I485.

And all speculations about the way name check process is going are based on small separate pieces of information sometimes reliable and sometimes not. It is hard to make any conclusions why one or another namecheck is so slow. But the positive thing is: in 20 minus N (where N is the number of years counting from now to the past during which you didn't do anything suspicious) years name check must be finished. Today is exactly 10 years since I came to the USA and fbi can easily find any records about me for these last 10 years. So, I would be absolutely sure that my name check can not be longer than till 2015.

The name checks are delayed because they are sitting on analysts' desk. Of course they have to be assigned first.

Yes guys

Yes guys, I agree we are, as proverbial blind people are trying to guess how the elephant does look like: as a snake or as a telephone pole. This is kind of unproductive, especially on friday night. Best of all to everyone :)

Nevertheless

Nevertheless, I am going to file a writ of mandamus lawsuit at X-4 months date, where X is when my company runs out of money. It will still be 2500 well spent if nothing more :D

that's true ..

That's true we are all guessing .. assuming and prejudiced. But the fact remains solid they don't have to clear the backlog or respond to us in a stipulated amount of time. I called in the FBI number and asked for an agent at around 11AM PST(ie. 2PM there) and guess what she was gone for the day :mad:

-Sonpapdi

Looks like there's a pretty big company of xUSSR folks here ;)
BTW I've never signed any security-related papers (even while being in army).
But I happenned to be born in Egypt (this is where the most evil terrorrists come from :D ).
Lucky me :rolleyes:

vic_M

Yes, us ukrainians are bad boys, no matter where are we born or what kind of bullshit university clearances we used to have milleniums ago ;)

count me in

Name check pending since August 2003. slt, I am thinking about filing a writ of mandmus after 9-10 months.

Name Date NC Initiated Date NC Cleared
dima66a...............Dec-02..............Jun-05
steveva2001.........Feb 03
slt.......................Mar-03
pharmboy.............Apr-03
getnkk.................May-03
MD_Rockville.........Jul-03
kevinwushao.........Jul-03................Jun-05
LCSilence.............Jul-03
PHSESAaug...........Aug-03
Srisss .................Aug-03................May-05
candie.................Sep-03
walt1891..............Sep-03
Compass..............Oct-03
Inlineforgc_03.......Oct-03
MD_Germantown....Oct-03.................Jul-05
Belle2?.................Nov-03
benbenr...............Dec-03
mgzh...................Jan-04
Hidden_Man..........Mar-04
Shrek..................Mar-04
GCCrak................Mar-04
eternal_labor........04-Mar-04
stats...................Apr-04
my485_04.............13-May-04
nandpc................19-May-04
Quizfan...............Jun-04.................Jul-05
heha...................>Jun-04
Malgi...................Jul-04
Wang2Mazi...........Jul-04
Outletvolt1...........Aug-04
romit...................Sep-04
ultraraj------------Sep-04
joshi343...............Dec-04
ninehead..............Dec-04
Timaeuti..............Jan-05
pbkreddy ........09-Feb-05
Contact00007.......Feb-05
stinger................Apr-05
sunjoshi...............Apr-05
mailgc2001...........May-05
happy4you...........Jun-05
al_aos..................????

they could have set up a system to reply the status inquiry emails automatically. retrieve A#, check status, generate and send email back. sigh... i guess there is no concept of 'customer' when it comes to FBI. at lease CIS call us 'customers' and try to make us happy(or stop us from going completely mad). they have improved quite a lot in recent years.

Name check pending...

Hi All,
I got a reply from uscis status inquiry that my FBI security check is pending. I sent a e-mail to FBI inquiring about my name check in january 2005. Havent heard from FBI yet. I filed my 485 in August of 2002. Since then I had two finger prints. One in December of 2002 and one in july 2004. My understanding is name check is sent to FBI after the finger prints. So I am guessing my name check was sent to FBI some time in January 2003.
Add me to the waiting list.
Tomcat

Just heard another friend got FBI name check cleared after more than 3 years. His I-485 was filed in December 2001, got approved in July 2005, right after his name check cleared in June 2005. So my guess is name check started in Jan 2002, and completed in June 2005, 3.5 years. Could be the worst case I heard.

A friend of mine had 485 submitted last September (VSC), FP'd on March 05, and got I485 approved a month later. I think the delay is selective, even though they give you a "no record found" response with your FOIPA request.

My story:

I-485 filed right after 911. have been in FBI name checking ever since. Written/Talk to FBI/Congressmen/women/Senators, no help.

Had to file multiple A/P and EAD. A pain in the rear. Did a FOIP, and FBI said no informaiton on me.

Spoke to VSC and wouldn't initiate another round of name check.

I think my case is the eldest of all. My suspesion is that as it was one of the very first applications going against a then-new name check process, something went wrong and the file was lost and noone is working on it.

Any suggestion on how to speed up the process is greatly appreciated.

BTW, wife is a citizen and I am thinking about doing a family-based I-485. What do you think?

updated list

Name Date NC Initiated Date NC Cleared
dima66a...............Dec-02..............Jun-05
FavorOfGod..........Dec-02...............Jun-05
XYZ.....................Dec-02..............Jun-05
steveva2001.........Feb 03
slt.......................Mar-03
pharmboy.............Apr-03
getnkk.................May-03
MD_Rockville.........Jul-03
kevinwushao.........Jul-03................Jun-05
LCSilence.............Jul-03
PHSESAaug...........Aug-03
Srisss .................Aug-03................May-05
candie.................Sep-03
walt1891..............Sep-03
Compass..............Oct-03
Inlineforgc_03.......Oct-03
MD_Germantown....Oct-03.................Jul-05
Belle2?.................Nov-03
benbenr...............Dec-03
mgzh...................Jan-04
Hidden_Man..........Mar-04
Shrek..................Mar-04
GCCrak................Mar-04
eternal_labor........04-Mar-04
stats...................Apr-04
my485_04.............13-May-04
nandpc................19-May-04
Quizfan...............Jun-04.................Jul-05
heha...................>Jun-04
Malgi...................Jul-04
Wang2Mazi...........Jul-04
Outletvolt1...........Aug-04
romit...................Sep-04
ultraraj------------Sep-04
joshi343...............Dec-04
ninehead..............Dec-04
Timaeuti..............Jan-05
pbkreddy ........09-Feb-05
Contact00007.......Feb-05
stinger................Apr-05
sunjoshi...............Apr-05
mailgc2001...........May-05
happy4you...........Jun-05
al_aos..................????

How to know if the name check has been initiated?

Is there a way of checking if the name check has been initiated/finished for an I-485 application? I don't think the on-line status will update that, is it true?

Thanks!

A bright spot of the day.

Just received a letter from my congressman's office. They said they have contacted FBI and FBI hope to complete my name check within next 90 days or so. Just hope it is not the congressman's routine answer.

Please advise my next action:

1. Should I still go ahead and file the lawsuit?
2. Do you think congressman's reply will be acurate or just a way to dismiss me?

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone knows what WSC means?

My congressman contacted FBI about my name check, FBI said they are waitign for some information from WSC. Does anyone know what WSC means? My name check has been pending since April 2003.