Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Got a reply from FBI today. I had sent them a e-mail on Feb 1st. My name check was sent to them on Dec 16, 2002. Its still pending!!! 2 years and 8 months and they are still working on it. Is there anything I can do other than wait to get this done? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Name Date NC Initiated Date NC Cleared
dima66a...............Dec-02..............Jun-05
FavorOfGod...........Dec-02...............Jun-05
XYZ.....................Dec-02..............Jun-05
Tomcat74.............Dec-02
steveva2001.........Feb 03
slt.......................Mar-03
pharmboy.............Apr-03
getnkk.................May-03
MD_Rockville.........Jul-03
kevinwushao.........Jul-03................Jun-05
LCSilence.............Jul-03
PHSESAaug...........Aug-03
Srisss .................Aug-03................May-05
candie.................Sep-03
walt1891..............Sep-03
Compass..............Oct-03
Inlineforgc_03.......Oct-03
MD_Germantown....Oct-03.................Jul-05
Belle2?.................Nov-03
benbenr...............Dec-03
mgzh...................Jan-04
Hidden_Man..........Mar-04
Shrek..................Mar-04
GCCrak................Mar-04
eternal_labor........04-Mar-04
stats...................Apr-04
my485_04.............13-May-04
nandpc................19-May-04
Quizfan...............Jun-04.................Jul-05
heha...................Jun-04
Malgi...................Jul-04
Wang2Mazi...........Jul-04
Outletvolt1...........Aug-04
romit...................Sep-04
ultraraj................Sep-04
joshi343...............Dec-04
ninehead..............Dec-04
Timaeuti..............Jan-05
pbkreddy ...........09-Feb-05
Contact00007.......Feb-05
stinger................Apr-05
sunjoshi...............Apr-05
mailgc2001...........May-05
happy4you...........Jun-05
al_aos..................????

LCSilence said:
Just received a letter from my congressman's office. They said they have contacted FBI and FBI hope to complete my name check within next 90 days or so. Just hope it is not the congressman's routine answer.

Please advise my next action:

1. Should I still go ahead and file the lawsuit?
2. Do you think congressman's reply will be acurate or just a way to dismiss me?

thanks,

I'm sorry, couldn't pass up this one: Now it makes two of you "hoping" that namecheck is complete in 90 days: You and FBI. I think the answer is accurate. I, for example, "hope" I will win a lottery in 90 days!

Next thing you will be getting emails from NNCP saying that, they will "all pray" that all the namechecks are completed in 90 days

Last edited by a moderator:
name check versus background check

Could anybody explain/elucidate a difference between name check and background checks.

As much as I knew before I bumped to this forum
name checks require much less time today than backgorund checks.
Apparently from these forum people stuck in name check for years as well.
(what else can INS invent for immigrant in the future ?)

Here my points about name checks
1) name checks is done by just one agency- FBI .
Also you can contact them directly and they respond to you.

As for background check it is more ominous:
1) Background check are now conducted by DoS (Department of State)
2) Neither your nor your rep can contact DoS.
3) Even Sentors are sort of helpless for this machine. Senator office (responsible person) said once that if your papers at DoS=
you are at the mercy of God (welcome to the most democratic county in the world)
4) Background check now can be up to 4 years becausue DoS must send requests to many agencies and each of each must sign you off. Agencies list is unknown. Some known playeres here CIA, NSA, borders- ground and Navys). (Nice lead time for one of the advanced and computerized nation in the world.)

Could anybody comment ?

Seriously there is nothing to comment .. you have said it all and it is the fact.
This will never improve .. I am losing the faith in democracy and especially the way it is working in this country :(

sonpapdi,

don't loose your faith in democracy. This is exactly how it supposed to be. By definition (and this country implementation) democracy is the rule of the majority of the voters. All non-immigrants and 99% of immigrants who are not stuck in name check (or background check or some other check) don't worry about 1% that are stuck there. Government agencies work better under dictatorship because every head of agency is personally responsible and reports directly to the dictator. There are no senate hearings and no opposition party which tries to do anything to make current government be least productive and efficient.

LCSilence,

I have been in communication with 2 congressmen and 2 senators. All the information I got from them was consistent and in all cases when I had an opportunity for independent confirmation, all what they told was true. The downside is that sometimes they provided only a small piece of information and the whole picture was still not clear.

I called my congressman's office again, it seems now they think the plan to eliminate the name check backlog by this August is too ambitious.

I filed for AOS in second week of Apr 05, and did biometric ( code 3) in 3rd week of may May 05. Even before I did my biometric, I recived the NOA for interview ( June 10th). Someone told me that there is some pilot program going on AOs and I should get my GC within 90 days , i.e on the interview day.
After the interview was over the officer said that the case is approvable but could not stamp 551, becase thought the results of fingerprinting were received, the FBI clearance was not revceived.
I am now stuck, and no one knows how long will it take for FBI clearance.
Can anyone please help me and tell me their experiences on the delay of approval of AOS application due to the non availability of FBI clearance

dima66a said:
sonpapdi,

don't loose your faith in democracy. This is exactly how it supposed to be. By definition (and this country implementation) democracy is the rule of the majority of the voters. All non-immigrants and 99% of immigrants who are not stuck in name check (or background check or some other check) don't worry about 1% that are stuck there. Government agencies work better under dictatorship because every head of agency is personally responsible and reports directly to the dictator. There are no senate hearings and no opposition party which tries to do anything to make current government be least productive and efficient.

I am starting to seriously wonder if they truely complete 99% of all name checks promptly, and all of us here are only 1% of all cases... Why does it take them so long to answer our emails then? Why is it everyone I talk to seem to be in the same boat?

nati309 said:
I am starting to seriously wonder if they truely complete 99% of all name checks promptly, and all of us here are only 1% of all cases... Why does it take them so long to answer our emails then? Why is it everyone I talk to seem to be in the same boat?

Thing is that even 1% is a lot of cases. This includes Citizenship and Green Cards (Employement/Family/Others). We are probably talking about 50,000 cases and say 10 people working on it. Even if they resolve 100 cases per day, we are looking at 500 cases per week and 100 weeks turn around time.

I'm probably being over optimistic here, assuming each person resolves 10 cases per day.

I am just curious what information does USCIS sent to FBI for a Name Check.
Any insight.

Full Name of course!!

A# ?? (based on a prior post a few messages above, I am guessing they send this)

485 Receipt # ??

Biometric Info ??

Guys:
What does your status message shows when you are struck in Name Check. Can you please post that. It is really vital to understand that.

Can someone out there please respond.

Thanks
Rayudu

GreenCardVirus said:
Thing is that even 1% is a lot of cases. This includes Citizenship and Green Cards (Employement/Family/Others). We are probably talking about 50,000 cases and say 10 people working on it. Even if they resolve 100 cases per day, we are looking at 500 cases per week and 100 weeks turn around time.

I'm probably being over optimistic here, assuming each person resolves 10 cases per day.

Lets do the math.
They say They were given 2.7 million cases extra to do,Since 2002 december.
they say they have completed 99% of the cases that amonts too 2,673,000 cases already.
That means they did about 83531 cases each month since then.
So it is only 27000 cases which are taking a long time.
HMMMMMMMM 1/3 cases they were doing earlier in one month.

You do your analysis..........

LCSilence said:
I called my congressman's office again, it seems now they think the plan to eliminate the name check backlog by this August is too ambitious.

is that your assumption oe\r is that what was told to you by the COng office

Al_aos

99% of 2.7 million cases were completed fast because those cases didn't have "HIT" or "IDENT". Those case were completed just by data base search. The remaining cases with "HITs" and "IDENTs" require a lot of manual labor. Most of them can't be completed until a response from some local office or other agency received. For example, I know from congressman office that my case was laying on the shelf for years in DC waiting for response from Los Angeles fbi office.

dima66a said:
Al_aos

99% of 2.7 million cases were completed fast because those cases didn't have "HIT" or "IDENT". Those case were completed just by data base search. The remaining cases with "HITs" and "IDENTs" require a lot of manual labor. Most of them can't be completed until a response from some local office or other agency received. For example, I know from congressman office that my case was laying on the shelf for years in DC waiting for response from Los Angeles fbi office.

Dima ,
I do appreciate your reply as I know you only mean well and dont want us ( stuck name checkees) to lose hope.
But you must understand there are people like me whose name check was requested in 2002 ( tho Dec) and I have been interviewed almost a year ago and still we dont have an approval or any hint of a movemnet in the procedure.
Why if they take 6 months to answer to your email which by the way is Cut an paste thing , imagine how much longer they would take to clear your name check.
What is the gaurentee that by that they wont another check which would leave this check obselete.
How much longer do they want us to hang by this thread .....when you dont even know how strong the thread is.
I actually totally cut myself off from the whole Green card thing and was moving along .I dont care now and only thing that bothers me is why should I spend money on EADS and Advance Parole when By all means I am approved.........or if not atleasr let me know ...so that I can go back......HOME!!!!!!!

Al_aos said:
Dima ,
I do appreciate your reply as I know you only mean well and dont want us ( stuck name checkees) to lose hope.
But you must understand there are people like me whose name check was requested in 2002 ( tho Dec) and I have been interviewed almost a year ago and still we dont have an approval or any hint of a movemnet in the procedure.
Why if they take 6 months to answer to your email which by the way is Cut an paste thing , imagine how much longer they would take to clear your name check.
What is the gaurentee that by that they wont another check which would leave this check obselete.
How much longer do they want us to hang by this thread .....when you dont even know how strong the thread is.
I actually totally cut myself off from the whole Green card thing and was moving along .I dont care now and only thing that bothers me is why should I spend money on EADS and Advance Parole when By all means I am approved.........or if not atleasr let me know ...so that I can go back......HOME!!!!!!!

About emails to FBI, I am sure 99% are non geniune cases, meaning these guys sent it out because of curiosity (even though thier case is not yet in the time frame for approval or Visa number is not current). And there are a repeat mails. I read about a guy who sent an email each and every week even though his case was not up for approval. That person has already been approved in time.

Even I am guilty to some extent because I sent out the email like 2 months after my Finger Prints even though the dates on website was still behind by a month.

Beg to differ?