Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Kartoshkin said:
Howdy,
I read something in the news yesterday on how US counterterrorism branches secretly have been tracing all transactions between major world banks. They are suposed to have complete detailed information on all transactions they need to know of. As soon as I read this I got this revelation that I got in the namecheck by sending money to my grandma in Russia via Western Union. I mean, according to the popular stereotype, you get stuck if you have an arabic name. Mine is a tipical Russian, so it was a surprise for me to find out I was stuck too. I appologize to all muslim/arabic readers here for bringing up the issue of ethnic gender. So anyway, I think if FBI is doing this vast data mining, they probably have access to the banking data as well, and I think they must have gotten their hands on Western Union data too, because those guys pump billions of dollars abroad every year. So I think as soon as they see a Western Union record with your name on it, going out of US you become eligible for a NC. ;) WHat do you guys think?

Come on, do you really think FBI would care for hundred bucks that you send your grandma? :)
Anyway, all your transactions can be checked in a matter of milliseconds.
As far as I understand, the problem with fbi that they want to check paper records on some individuals (and certainly all with common names are at risk)

My name is not so common, internet US phonebook search gives only ~23 records with same last name :)
but I stuck with name check since 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
This does not make sense. I dont think there is any relation between NC and bank. It is a routine procedure for the western bank to ask you questions when you sent money abroad.
Many people from Asia (e.g. China, India) are stuck with name check.
Kartoshkin said:
Howdy,
I read something in the news yesterday on how US counterterrorism branches secretly have been tracing all transactions between major world banks. They are suposed to have complete detailed information on all transactions they need to know of. As soon as I read this I got this revelation that I got in the namecheck by sending money to my grandma in Russia via Western Union. I mean, according to the popular stereotype, you get stuck if you have an arabic name. Mine is a tipical Russian, so it was a surprise for me to find out I was stuck too. I appologize to all muslim/arabic readers here for bringing up the issue of ethnic gender. So anyway, I think if FBI is doing this vast data mining, they probably have access to the banking data as well, and I think they must have gotten their hands on Western Union data too, because those guys pump billions of dollars abroad every year. So I think as soon as they see a Western Union record with your name on it, going out of US you become eligible for a NC. ;) WHat do you guys think?

Would suggest sticking your topic to "Stuck in Name Check", so not to crap the long thread. If you really like to debate, create another thread.

GreenCardVirus said:
Easy there buzzhd, we are all frustated here.

me too :) :(

I just don't want anyone including myself who has already been frustrated with NC process tries to read the long thread that has nothing to do with NC issue that is talking about the bank records and NC.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
buzzhd said:

I just don't want anyone including myself who has already been frustrated with NC process tries to read the long thread that has nothing to do with NC issue that is talking about the bank records and NC.

Peace

Sorry, buzz
I did not mean to polute this thread. I saw some debates here before so I thought I would bring this up. Of course it does not matter how we got here once we are here (in the NC) already. Let's just wait. Good luck to all. Peace.

Cmapocma said:
Come on, do you really think FBI would care for hundred bucks that you send your grandma? :)

Just a quick reply before buzz kicks me out. No, I don't think they care about my grany and the hunderd bucks. I think they really only care about coming to work on time. And even national security is not their concern, otherwise they would not be spending 4 years on your case, thus granting a 4-year extension to your legal status here. But I do know that Western Union money wires get monitored, so they must keep historical records of all WU money transfers. Now imagine the chaos of data that FBI browses in order to establish a "hit". That data comes from so many disparate sources and only god knows how they try to consolidate it into one centralized database. Also imagine how primitive the logic would be on the part of the software that searches this crazy data for a "hit". If it's true that they only have 12 people working in the name check division, as someone mentioned earlier, then how many programmers do they have there maintaining this crap? 1? 2? :confused: I just think sending money is just one of many ways to nominate yourself for a NC.

buzzh, no more talks about banks. I promise. Peace. ;)

How

How do you know what your case is stuck in exactly Name Check? How do you get that detailed status information on your case? I cannot find any such level of details when checking my status online, am I missing something?

w220 said:
How do you know what your case is stuck in exactly Name Check? How do you get that detailed status information on your case? I cannot find any such level of details when checking my status online, am I missing something?
I think the most effective way to get info would be by phone. They don't explicitly say it in your online status summary. I know that a message like "...your fingerprints have been received and the processing was resumed on your case..." might very much mean that you are stuck in it. To get a reassurance you need to call them. In my experience, it takes maybe 10 phone call attempts through their regular cutomer service line:(800) 375 – 5283, before you actually convince somebody to transfer you to an officer "for further assistance". An officer is who you need. They have clerks and officers to answer calls. A clerk is a rabble that passed a litteracy test to get the job; she reads you your online status that you've been reading for years. She answers all your questions by "we don't have this information. Is there anything else I can do for you?" She is most probably from the south and she hates mexicans and arabs for world terror, AIDS and homosexuality. There are also officers who have complete access to you case. Try to get to the officer by all means. Officer would give you the answer. Be tricky with clerks, keep it in mind that they don't concentrate on your train of thought, tell them, that "you were just transfered for further assistance" as soon as you speak with a clerk for the first time, for example. I am just giving a hint. If nothing works immediately (but it will) write a couple of letters to your senators, just so shit hits the fan. Good luck. ;)

Kartoshkin said:
I think the most effective way to get info would be by phone. They don't explicitly say it in your online status summary.

You seem pretty experienced with the customer service :)

Incendentally, I called up yesterday. The whole call too 85 minutes. My 485 case was denied and then reopened in Jan'06. The "clerk" thought that my processing dates will reset to Jan'06, so she transferred to an "officer". Now this officer says that my priority date is the date I filed my I-140. After correcting her that PD is date labor is filed, she finally raised an official inquiry. The whole process took about 45 minutes of waiting in line and about 40 min of talking and keeping on hold.

GreenCardVirus said:
You seem pretty experienced with the customer service :)

Incendentally, I called up yesterday. The whole call too 85 minutes. My 485 case was denied and then reopened in Jan'06. The "clerk" thought that my processing dates will reset to Jan'06, so she transferred to an "officer". Now this officer says that my priority date is the date I filed my I-140. After correcting her that PD is date labor is filed, she finally raised an official inquiry. The whole process took about 45 minutes of waiting in line and about 40 min of talking and keeping on hold.

Yeah, "customer service"...! Virus, do you have the story of your I485 denial posted anywhere? I am very curious. Just try not to tell it in this thread, unless it's directly related to namecheck.

Buzzhd, why dont you file lawsuit? I saw in another forum: 3 people whose I485 was submitted 1-2 years ago filed lawsuit by themselves and got approved within 1 month. In your case, you should have filed lawsuit. I am going to wait for my lawyer's query and contact a couple of senator after the query - if I cannot get anything within the next 3 months, I will file lawsuit.

buzzhd said:

Peace

waitingclear said:
Buzzhd, why dont you file lawsuit? I saw in another forum: 3 people whose I485 was submitted 1-2 years ago filed lawsuit by themselves and got approved within 1 month. In your case, you should have filed lawsuit. I am going to wait for my lawyer's query and contact a couple of senator after the query - if I cannot get anything within the next 3 months, I will file lawsuit.

maybe too broke :) can't afford one...

They said that it took them only $500 + 1-week survey to do it by themselves... Since you have been stuck for long enough, lawsuit is the best way. Someone consulted his lawyer and was told that one should file lawsuit if he/she has been waiting for more than 2 years (exclude the time for waiting for PD to be current). I am currently waiting for collecting more evidence to show that I have tried hard to push name check.

buzzhd said:
maybe too broke :) can't afford one...

Updating - Name check cleared 6/17 I think

NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared---- I485 Approval
================================================== =============
NAMABER ---------------18-MAY-02--- March 2006------April 6 th stamp on pasport
Udacha6-----------------20-Sep-02-----21-Dec-02--------16-Nov-04
Udacha6 (dep)-----------20-Sep-02-------
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05--------09/03/2005
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
buzzhd--------------------Dec-02--------
khanhammad----------------Jan-03-----07-Dec-05--------02/09/2006
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
pumukliboy----------------Mar-03---------
slt-----------------------Mar-03-----------Sept.05-----------------
Barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------Oct-05--------02/20/2006
mani_007-----------------Mar-03---------
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------March06--------May06
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------???????-------approved
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
Mayseventh2003------------May-03------5/7/2006 --------5/18/2006
dl1cd--------------------May-03-------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------????????---------approved
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
nc3years-------------------Aug-03-----
akbari -------------------Sep 10, 2003
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
mmz-----------------------Sep-03--------
dv_2006 -------------------Sep-03-------
cuties-----------------------Sep03(estimate)------------------May06(afterWOM)
rahul76---------------------Oct-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03------------------------------March 21
wait789 ------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
15th_year_in_US-----------Oct-03--------
BoFromUkr-----------------Oct-03--------
oh_god_why_me-------------Oct-03--------
Belle2?-------------------Nov-03--------
VP2003--------------------Nov-03--------
Belle---------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mwl-----------------------Dec-03--------
mila2006------------------Dec-03--------02/22/06--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
exTrainer------------------Feb-04--------
nc_maya------------------Feb-04(estimate)----
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------unknown--------02/09/06
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
ishturkish----------------Mar-04--------
fbi_name_check---------30-Mar-04--------
simnis--------------------Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
wildthing-----------------Apr-04--------
Spam70--------------------Apr-04--------
lx_kumar------------------Apr-15-04---------------
divsan---------------------Apr-04-----------????-----------May06
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------unknown---------03/24/2006
INS2004Filer--------------24 May 04-------June 21 06------
retrohatao------------06-JUN-04---------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05---------08/29/05
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------May-06
pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
waitingclear---------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
Z2-----------------------Sep-04------------------------6/22/06
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------May-05
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
damascus------------------Oct-04--------6/17/06 -------6/23/06
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
shareef_aadmi-------------Dec-04--------
littlemonk-----------------Dec-04---------
xyr888 -------------------Dec-04---------
aukumar------------------ Jan-05--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------Feb-06------March 20, 2006
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
Anil007dc-----------------Feb-05--------
srinihs -------------------Feb-05--------
ls691035-----------------Feb-05---------
EB1UB------------------15-Mar-05--------
RealSuperK----------------Mar-05--------
light3222004--------------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
MYGC_APRIL----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
fdfd------------------------Jun-05-------
Madss---------------------??????--------
Steve31415----------------Jul-05--------Sep-05 (I-485 Dec-02)
prshuk---------------------Sept-05 ----????------------????
al_aos--------------------??????--------late 2005
Pinturicchio-----------22-OCT-05--------Jan-06---------01/31/06
compjobs-------------Possibly-Apr-05-----
irtev----------------10-17-05--------------------AD............???

NC start date???

I would like to put my name on this track list too, but I can't find out when my NC started. Officers at USCIS tell me they don't have this information. May be I am not asking the right question when I talk with them? I also sent a FOIPA letter and an email to FBI about this last week. So far no reply. How do I figure this out? :confused:

Kartoshkin said:
I would like to put my name on this track list too, but I can't find out when my NC started. Officers at USCIS tell me they don't have this information. May be I am not asking the right question when I talk with them? I also sent a FOIPA letter and an email to FBI about this last week. So far no reply. How do I figure this out? :confused:

I'd say take it easy till your priority date becomes current. FBI stopped responding to email inquiries because they were overwhelmed with people asking NC status just for the heck of it.

Anyways, they say that they are clearing those long pending Namechecks whose priority date is oldest.

We as an immigrant community are anyway victims of several USCIS/FBI delays and inefficiencies. Last thing we want is to add to those delays by sending unnessary inquiries.

GreenCardVirus said:
We as an immigrant community are anyway victims of several USCIS/FBI delays and inefficiencies. Last thing we want is to add to those delays by sending unnessary inquiries.

Got it. Actually, my PD has been current since Feb 2006, as far as I remember. But of course, I have not been waiting nearly as long as some of the dinosaurs in this thread.

Kartoshkin said:

I received response for my FOIPA in about 2-3 weeks, it just said "no records...", they do not tell you if INS initiated NC and when.

Yes, FBI used to reply e-mails about 1-2 years ago (I got reply 4 months after sending them e-mail), then they stopped doing this, but recently someone posted getting response from them, I think in CSC thread (not sure what address was used).

Normally NC is initiated in few weeks after filing I-485, in some rare cases much later (maybe in these cases it is 2nd one, like I had). Some officers respond you with this info, some do not - depend on your luck. If your case is with local office, you can make infopass and ask. In any case, you can call Natl Serv and ask by phone (I did it but do not remember phone number), they then initiate something and reply to you by mail in 1 or 2 month. One more way is to ask your senator or/and congressman to contact FBI requesting this (your NC status and NC initiation date), this will most probably give you finally the initiation date, but takes a little longer (in my case was 3-4 months).