Stopped processing for EB1 priority workers

indianexpert

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My lawyer is no 1 lawyer in immigration and a good friend of mine. He said he had a meeting with INS and according to them they r holding all EB1 priority workers (L1A) cases at this time and God knows when they will process my case ( July 15th).

Please input ur experience with EB1 (priority workers).

Thanks

be patient

I called INS today and an IIO said we need wait additional 9 months for eb1a at Vermont INS center. However, my case can not be found through case status on-line or by case status touch phone. Do you find your case through case status on-line?
---------------------------
RD: july 19.
RN: eac022505****(EB1a)

wang

hi,

good atleast I found one person with eb1 for l1a(priority worker) at VSC.. yea mine is

RD 07/15/02 EB1C ( Multinational executive).

EAC-02-240-xxxxx

Lets keep in touch....

Also Wang

R u L1A visa holder applying as multinational executive/manager or different category?

I can check my status with INS

Thanks

waiting since may......... too long

my EB1-OR is waiting for approval since may first week. is it true whats posted here above which says that its going to take more 9months?????? that scares me!!

thanks

Guys,

I am also waiting for EB-1 OR (MD 5/23, RD 5/29) for 7 months now. Recently we filed I-485, EAD, AP 1 month ago (but no receipt yet)

I think VSC is totally random. I have seen people with EB-1 OR 140 filed in Feb 02 still waiting, and I personally know one person who filed concurrently in Oct 02 for EB-1 OR and got I-140 approved. From all this, the one thing I sense is that VSC is sticking to adjudicating EAD within 90 days.

So, if you have filed I-140, but not I-485, EAD, AP then you will wait for a long time, perhaps 9 months). But if you filed 485, then they will pull out your 140 after 3 months, and if they think everything is ok, they will approve EAD, and in many cases 140 is approved shortly thereafter.

At least, this looks to be the current trend, who knows what will happen in 2003. Never a predictable moment with these guys at INS/VSC!!!:confused:

EB-1C (Multinational Manager)

Dear Friends

I have the same situation and have been waiting for 140 approval for 9 Months with no progress.

Has any one of you got your 140 approval or any news regarding the EB-1C case.

My 140 was filed on 7/02
and 485 was filed on 3/03

Thanks for any input
James

I-140

Hi,

I am an EB-1 candidate. I applied for my I-140 in May 2002 and got approved in october 2002. I have since applied for my I-485 in dec 2002 (RD 12/20/02)

I came to the US on a L-1A visa and still work in the same company, which I have worked for many years.

I can understand the frustration of I-140 not being approved even after so many months for people. Hopefully it has been clubbed with I-485 and will get approved when the I-485 is processed.

happyperson

Re: I-140

It seems the EB-1c case is still moving.

Thanks for the prompt reply and good luck to you!

:cool:

EB1B-OR

My EB1B (Outstanding Researcher) RD is 5/29/02 at VSC. No news at all. It's kind of SAD as I thought by bypassing the LC process, the approval would be much faster, but it seems to be the opposite. My worry is if I'll still have my job throughout this whole process!! Almost 1 year for I-140 is unbelievable and unacceptable, but, these things are beyond our control. I feel like driving up to VSC and seeing my file collecting dust sometimes :-(

You are not alone

Our case is also pending -

EB1

I140: June 3, 2002
I-485: September, 13, 2002

No news yet.

Executive from multinational company. Our lawyer told us to keep holding on. Many of VSC resources were assigned to other pressing issues late last year and for the first few months.

Good luck everyone.

me too

add me too, its going to be soon a yr for the I-140
waiting for EB1-OR approval ND may17th 2002
EAD and AP approved and cards received feb28th
FP done march 12th

pl keep posted EB1's about approvals

thanks

EB1 (Multinational Exe)

I am also in the same boat. I applied in May 2002 and was told that it will be approved in 2 months. Now its 11 months already. My lawyer also told that they are not giving preference to the adjudication of the EB1 cases as it takes longer. Also, he stated that since they have already issued EAD (I got mine approved) there is no rush for them to approve the I-140 as it does not give the applicant any additional benefits. Does that mean that they will approve I1-40 with 485? I don't know... But I sure would like the I-140 approved asap.

if this I-140 is taking almost a yr for approval then how long its going to take for 485 approval? and what happens if one wants to change the job?its confusing becuase then the 180days rule one cannot use and with this weak economy if laidoff then its a real mess.does anyone have any suggestions for such a situation?

EB1

I'm glad i ran across this thread.

My co. applied for I-140 (EB-1. MNC ) in Feb '03. We did not get a receipt for almost 2 months. Then the attorney received a handwritten receipt - with the case number and company name also handwritten. This was not the standard computer generated receipt. It does not have my name either.- only my company's name. ANY ONE HAD tHIS EXPERIENCE?

Now based on that receipt, the attorney has filed I-485 on April 10th. No receipt, nothing yet. I have no idea what's going on. On the other hand I see lots of people getting receipts in a few days.

Listening to other stories here, I feel it's not a big advantage to skip the labour process.

I would appreciate if people could share their thoughts on my case.

360 days

Great, on-line message now states it's taking between 30 to 360 days to process this kind of case !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know, are they referring to total no of days, or just working days?

Also, in my case EB1-OR (RD May 29, 2002) my lawyer recommended not applying for 485 before 140 approval, as concurrent filing is only appropropriate for those who have gone through LC. Any thoughts??

You can apply concurrently

My lawyer actually recommended filing concurrently. I guess the only risk is that if I-140 gets denied then you loose a lot of money that you spent in filing I-485. That risk, however, is there in case of LC applications also, though it may be a bit less.

If you don't apply concurrently then you may have to wait much longer to get I-485 approved as your PD would be much later. And with the time its taking to get I-140 approved it may take 3-4 years to complete the whole process.

So I guess one has to decide between loosing money and loosing time.