So Guys...Any recent EAD/AP Approvals!??

I e-filed for EAD/AP on 10/21. Recieved " New Card Orderd" e-mail 12/29. It has taken 70days to process (NSC). AP is still pending... may take 2-3 more weeks based on the current processing dates...

Since "Interim EAD" is gone, it may be advisible to apply for EAD atleast 4-5 months before expiration. Now it is taking about 3 months to process I-765 and keep 1-2 months buffer to take care of any surprise RFE.

my husband got EAD approval today. He applied for EAD around 3 weeks ago at TSC. Hopefully it's a good sign for our pending I485.

e-filed EAD renewal on july/04/06
august/15/06 they received supporting documentation - as they requested for i-485 application-
i-485 still pending
175 days passed from the original filing date
135 days passed from the date that they received the supporting documentaion
2 INFOPASS appointment- no result-
no more intermEAD
sent letter(s) saying" i-765" outside normal processing time"
called the 800 # and filed for case status inquiry
RFE dec/11/2006(after 5 month from filing!) for special registeration
LUD and e-mail Dec/26/2006 RFE rcvd
LUD Dec/27/2006 (no change to the msg)
NOW WHAT?
they said they need 60 days after they recvd the RFE to decide
I can't wait no more!!
Any help or advice?

herenthere said:
What does your RFE specifically state?

Have you tried contacting your local Congressman and Senator?
RFE state that any male from a country like ( pakistan, egypt, ...... mostly middle east)was born on or before 19xx and was admited to u.s are required to do a special registeration and FP
please send a proof that you was registerd. your proof could be (but not limited to) front and back copy of your i-94
your case will be on hold untill we receive your response or the time to submit has expired.
I tried to contact my local congressman by writing a letter via his website and I haven't heard any thing.

jadoo85,

What did you send as your proof of NSEERS?

I have get a similar RFE and only have copy of old I-94. Is that enough? Do they need proof of all entry/exits regestrations? What do you think?

jadoo85 said:
I had an RFE for my EAD related to NSEERS on Dec 05th. I responded to RFE on Dec 12th, but as of Dec 22, it still has not reached the officer/my file.

Very frustrating.............

Jadoo85

Yes front and back of I 94 showing FIN # and date/place of NSEERS registration should be enough.
I had similar RFE on my AP last year. And now on EAD. For some reason they cannot get my FIN/NSEERS in their system.

I replied to RFE on 12/12 and still no decision. :(

Jadoo85

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered, but did your online status change to reflect an RFE has been sent (not the reply to the RFE but the original RFE)? Do you get the RFE or does your lawyer? I just don't trust my lawyer to tell me if an RFE has been sent now that I am pretty sure I'll be getting an RFE for NSEERs stuff.

Usually RFE status shows online, when it is generated. But not always.
My RFE for EAD showed online on 12/04, and my attorney received on 12/11.

Jadoo85

My RFE did not show up online. I had a LUD and later my attorney received RFE.

Yes, you are right on the other topic too. They look for the proof of regrestration. They do not want proof of all entry/exit records.

jadoo85 said:
Usually RFE status shows online, when it is generated. But not always.
My RFE for EAD showed online on 12/04, and my attorney received on 12/11.

Jadoo85

Finally, both mine and my wife's APs got approved at NSC. The RD was 10/04. It's been an interesting (sometimes very frustating) last two weeks for me as I had my tickets booked for 4th Jan. I had sent two expedite letters by fax.. not sure if they worked. As a last resort, I approached local senator's office (Thanks to GrimJudge!) last Friday. So, when the senator's office called USCIS, they found that the APs were already approved. I saw an LUD that night. Surprisingly USCIS agreed to fedex the documents directly to me (not to my attorney) and took my credit card details... but they didn't mail them on Friday. With the long weekend and President Ford's mourning holiday, I could get back to them only today. Finally, they are going to be picked up by Fedex at 3 pm MST and (hopefully) delivered to me by 10:30 am tomorrow. Because we will be leaving to the airport at 11:15 am, we'll be cutting it real close.

So, as a lessons learned, always apply more than 90 days in advance and contact the local senators office if there is a good reason to support the urgency. I was surprised at their responsiveness... the lady I have been talking to has been very helpful. I just got the approval emails an hour ago.

Congrats.

There was a LUD change yesterday on both mine and my wife's EAD's and AP's.

AP RD : 10/12 @NSC

EAD RD : 10/11, EAD AD : 12/22

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD for dependent

Hi all
My wife's employer filed for I485 on Oct 12th... and based on that application, my wife's EAD (as primary applicant) and my EAD (as dependent) was filed on the same day... my EAD was approved 2nd week of November itself, but my wife who is the primary applicant has not got her EAD yet..no change in status on USCIS website as well... it's been close to 90 days now..

any idea / experience with this kind of situation? is it typical that primary and dependent applicants get their EAD approved at different times?

please share your thoughts.
experio

LUD changed on my Ap

Mahesh,

On my AP also there was a LUD on 1/02/2007 filed on 10/16 at NSC.

There is no message change.LUD on my AP changed several times 11/18,11/19.11/21,11/22 and 1/02.But there is no msg change.

Anybody has an idea wheather USCIS issuing RFE or approval?

I think RFE on the way

Verbal Approval!!

Today I called customer service and they transferd me to an officer once they heard that my I-765 is pending since july/04/2006.
I stayed on hold for 1 hour and 40 minute!! after that the officer asked for my name and case number, he puts me again on hold for 5 minutes!! after that he came back and asked me about my current address, after I replied to him he said" your EAD application was approved last week, you should receive your card in the mail by next week!!"
the online status never changed" we rcd you rfe on dec/26/2006, please allow 60 days for us to ............"
I am shocked!!! is it true? how come? approval without any LUD or e-mail or any thing!!
Please guys, any similar cases?
Thank you all

Interim EAD at NSC/TSC/VSC?

USCIS says no interim EAD will be issused at ASC. So that mean you can get Interim EAD at NSC/TSC/VSC after 90 days of I-765 application? I tried serching USCIS website, could not find any information.

If someone knows more info please share. Thank you.

hossamny said:
Today I called customer service and they transferd me to an officer once they heard that my I-765 is pending since july/04/2006.
I stayed on hold for 1 hour and 40 minute!! after that the officer asked for my name and case number, he puts me again on hold for 5 minutes!! after that he came back and asked me about my current address, after I replied to him he said" your EAD application was approved last week, you should receive your card in the mail by next week!!"
the online status never changed" we rcd you rfe on dec/26/2006, please allow 60 days for us to ............"
I am shocked!!! is it true? how come? approval without any LUD or e-mail or any thing!!
Please guys, any similar cases?
Thank you all

Congratulations. Better late than never. You were pretty worried last week. Glad you got it.

I got Finget print notice today by mail

I got finger print notice today by mail from NSC code 1.Appointment date is 1/10 at oakland,ca

herenthere said:
Congratulations. Better late than never. You were pretty worried last week. Glad you got it.
Are you sure? how come approval and the status still pending? I'm not confident about this one unless I see a message online