SFO DOL - To track Auto remand Cases!!

marin_count said:
My 45 DL showed up in November, 2005. No progress subsequently. PD, June 2001.

I have gotten so frustrated with the process, and also the virtual indentured servitude I am undergoing, that I am ready to wind up all my affairs and go back to India.

That is a thought for all similarly frustrated folks. This country doesn't give a rats ass about your career stagnation caused by these delays (after all, EB immigration is for the employers, not for empoyees), and the disruption in your life cause by their incompetence.

All the smart and confident one's amongst us should talk with our wallets now. Move back to India, and make sure you take all you money back to India (invest it in India, it will grow a lot faster there than in this fast decaying land of the free).

I am sure that 5 years hence, you would be thanking yourself for moving back to India.

Also, if you walk off with all your money (I was making average IT wages, but investing wisely, and in the 7 years here, have close to 400 K liquidity), and if substantial numbers of us walk off, and make sure we write to Senators, Congressment and Newspapers indicating that we are walking off because of the frustrating 'Wait for Godot' that the DOL has put us through, will hopefully bring the people to their senses. Right now, I see no hope of reform, they will discuss it in the Senate Judiciary committee, but do nothing, I am sure, because they are morons.

Please go back to India, and build a career there, and stop being slaves.

Best wishes to all. I wish Immigration voice good luck, but I have my doubts about them achieving any success. You can reason with reasonable human beings, not with the morons who run this country.

If ony I had that kinda money (say 1/4th), I wont even bother to post here..I would have been already living like a King back home :p

Last edited by a moderator:
marin_count said:
Updating my profile and posting - I am mad like hell and my patience is exhausted.

:mad:

Unfortunately, all of us feel the same! But there is very little we could do. :mad:

Whether we like it or not, the moment we left our home land (say, whatever reasons!) we are slave - here or any other country!!

Its hard....................but thats the fact.

totally understand

Hi marin,
Let's face it, we want to stay here, I can totally understand ur feeling, I am from May 2001, there have been very very few days in last 3-4 years of my work life when I have really paid full attention at work, because every few minutes I go back on the portal and check if any news has come. Seriously, like this for 4 years, first thing in the morning, I do is check all the immigration sites.
we have waited the longest, we have been treated unfairly.
But as long as we are here, why not give it a fight, why not take a last stand and do something about it. IV is doing a lot about retrogression, they want to publicize BEC issues, but their main aim is to get rid of retrogressoin. For us retrogression is not really an issue, labor is the issue, if someone who files in 2006 has to wait for 3 years before getting GC, that is still fair, we have waited for 5 years already and still no luck.
I admit, i didn't save as much as u did, I did invest in India a decent part of my savings, India is definitely booming. But the factor of 1$=Rs44 makes most difference, can't ignore that.
I am sure that there are many others from 2001 time still waiting, lurking around here, many must have gone back, or found other jobs.
But if u guys think it is of any value Rajiv ji has considered to file a lawsuit against DOL, if we can raise 10K and get data about applications from 30-40 people. If you think you that might be of any use, please support us at
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1371755#post1371755
I am not involved with fundraising or anything, but someone has taken an initiative and I am supporting him.
Otherwise just write a letter to ur politicians and some media, just send out an email, they do read it. I have been doing that, if we all do they will notice.
We have to keep trying

Got 45 day letter

Just heard from my HR representative. I received 45 day letter.

CA, EB3(BS+0 years) PD Dec 28th 2001,
Employer remanded case.

received labour approval - employer remanded case

here is the details:

1. Case filed on 7/5/01
2. Priority date established by the EDD is 7/6/01
3. Case forwarded by EDD to DOL on 3/11/02
4. 45-day letter sent by DOL on 1/7/03 and responded to remand on
1/29/03.
5. case moved to DBEC.
6. filed non-rir to rir conversion on march 05
7. received 45days notice on 10/18/05 responded on 10/20/05
8. received approval on 3/13/06 - didnt received any recuirement instructions.

Also, I understand that the request for conversion to RIR was sent in .. But do you have confirmation whether this was processed as RIR or non-RIR case ? Good luck with the other stages . you're all set to go all the way. :)

Good to see something from 2001 getting approved. All I see around is 2003/2004 approvals and I have to admit - makes me feel really sad and angry.

some day, one day --- this BS will end

rajju_loki said:
here is the details:

1. Case filed on 7/5/01
2. Priority date established by the EDD is 7/6/01
3. Case forwarded by EDD to DOL on 3/11/02
4. 45-day letter sent by DOL on 1/7/03 and responded to remand on
1/29/03.
5. case moved to DBEC.
6. filed non-rir to rir conversion on march 05
7. received 45days notice on 10/18/05 responded on 10/20/05
8. received approval on 3/13/06 - didnt received any recuirement instructions.

Need advice

My case info:
-State CA, Big company, Bay area.
-Labour(RIR) PD: 08/2001
-Went to Federal RD: 10/2002.
-Remanded to state(to be treated as non-rir): 06/2003
-45 Day letter recd: Sometime in Dec, 2005
-45 Day letter replied: Dec, 2005

No news yet.

Today my employer is advising me to do the following

Let the old AEC(labour) application continue and file a new PERM.
Once PERM is approved, i will have 2 priority dates. File for I-140 and
after 140 is approved, do something like a "lock-in" priority date(or whatever)
so i can file for 485 based on my earlier AEC. This they are saying is possible
if the new job description and the old job description are same.

Guys, please advice me on what is the best way to procede,

Thanks
bayareagc

Labor approved - Employer remanded but RIR (colleague's case)

Wanted to update you .. a colleague got his LC approved yesterday

PD: Mar, 2002
State: CA
SFO DOL RD: Dont know (sometime in 2003 I guess)
EB2
Remanded June 2004 from SFO DOL back to state
45-day letter received 1st week Mar 2006 (yes, 3 weeks ago)
LC Approved : Mar 22, 2006

My case is almost exactly the same .. except when mine got remanded, it went into non-RIR.
For some reason, his did not .. even though apparently it was supposed to.
So, got confirmation from lawyers that his LC got approved as RIR

Strange and good for him .. But I think it's nothing to get excited about for the rest of us.

Guys are dumb at DBEC. if any case has source="region" and type="RIR". it will appear in top of queue and will get approval. Weather it's typo on their part or whatever. :) Good for lucky one, otherwise looong endless wait..

zonzon said:
Wanted to update you .. a colleague got his LC approved yesterday

PD: Mar, 2002
State: CA
SFO DOL RD: Dont know (sometime in 2003 I guess)
EB2
Remanded June 2004 from SFO DOL back to state
45-day letter received 1st week Mar 2006 (yes, 3 weeks ago)
LC Approved : Mar 22, 2006

My case is almost exactly the same .. except when mine got remanded, it went into non-RIR.
For some reason, his did not .. even though apparently it was supposed to.
So, got confirmation from lawyers that his LC got approved as RIR

Strange and good for him .. But I think it's nothing to get excited about for the rest of us.

45 DL received

finally, received 45 DL last week, lawyer will respond to it this week.
Hoping for a quick approval!
Regards,
dgb

Labor finally approved

Hi,

Finally my lawyer called me today with the good news, my Labor is approved! I haven't seen the paper or anything yet, but I cannot wait to let you all know. My PD is one of the very oldest: May 1st 2001.

Remanded to CA State: 03.31/2003
45 day letter responded to DBEC: 03.01/2006
Don't know which day is approval, but was informed today by lawyer.

My lawyer requested non-RIR to RIR conversion when responding 45 letter, not sure if that helped, according to them, it's approved with no further recruitment efforts required.

Please hang in there, it seems we can get there too.

Lisa_t said:
Hi,

Finally my lawyer called me today with the good news, my Labor is approved! I haven't seen the paper or anything yet, but I cannot wait to let you all know. My PD is one of the very oldest: May 1st 2001.

Remanded to CA State: 03.31/2003
45 day letter responded to DBEC: 03.01/2006
Don't know which day is approval, but was informed today by lawyer.

My lawyer requested non-RIR to RIR conversion when responding 45 letter, not sure if that helped, according to them, it's approved with no further recruitment efforts required.

Please hang in there, it seems we can get there too.

Wow.....Finally some good news! Congrats and best wishes with your next stages :)

Yes, I think conversion to RIR might have played major role. At least your attorney woke up now :)

goodphysq said:
Wow.....Finally some good news! Congrats and best wishes with your next stages :)

Yes, I think conversion to RIR might have played major role. At least your attorney woke up now :)

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

nitinag,

can you please share the contents of the letter that you sent to your local congressman. I also want to the same.

thanks and regards