SFO DOL - To track Auto remand Cases!!

palmapry,
If you call your local congressmen's office , they will fax/Mail you a Enquiry form to fill out.
Form has all the details i.e. date , casetype etc , In the reason column , you can suggest that you are waiting for x number of years for sloppiness on Part of DOL . you also have to attach a proof that you have actually filed with DOL (photocopy and/or screenshot etc)

Labor approved

Folks...
Thanks a lot for the posts and keeping us upto date with what is going on....
It as been really the only source of hope...

Good news on labor...Finally my labor is approved.

Details:
* Originally filed with PD July 2001
* Approved by state
* Remanded from DOL to state as NON-RIR case (Employee Remanded ) in June 2003 (3 option letter was sent)
* Went to BPC (Don't know when).
* Request for conversion from NON-RIR to RIR in March 2005.
* 45 Day letter received January 2006.
* 45 Day letter replied February 2006 with RIR conversion request paper (i.e. RIR conversion papers were resent with 45 Day letter response).
* 7th year extension also filed and approved in February 2006.
* Labor approved on 11th April 2006.
* Do not have case number etc as our company does not share it with us.
* Location of company is Bay Area CA. Super Sized Industry Giant :)

Guys I never imagined I would say this some day....But hang in there....There is light at the end of the Tunnel and NO it IS NOT the TRAIN !!..

ssn1947 said:
Folks...
Thanks a lot for the posts and keeping us upto date with what is going on....
It as been really the only source of hope...

Good news on labor...Finally my labor is approved.

Details:
* Originally filed with PD July 2001
* Approved by state
* Remanded from DOL to state as NON-RIR case (Employee Remanded ) in June 2003 (3 option letter was sent)
* Went to BPC (Don't know when).
* Request for conversion from NON-RIR to RIR in March 2005.
* 45 Day letter received January 2006.
* 45 Day letter replied February 2006 with RIR conversion request paper (i.e. RIR conversion papers were resent with 45 Day letter response).
* 7th year extension also filed and approved in February 2006.
* Labor approved on 11th April 2006.
* Do not have case number etc as our company does not share it with us.
* Location of company is Bay Area CA. Super Sized Industry Giant :)

Guys I never imagined I would say this some day....But hang in there....There is light at the end of the Tunnel and NO it IS NOT the TRAIN !!..

Thanks for taking time to post this note, and we wish you the best in the next stages.

again, I think conversion from NON-RIR to RIR might have played important role in your approval.

My attorney keep telling me that we cant convert non-rir to RIR at this stage!! Not sure how we should do this??

All non-RIR applications might be at the end of the queue not sure when BRC might start looking into those applications! :mad:

Umm lets see.....folks who applied in our time frame are talking about applying for citizenship, and here we are stuck in the first stage aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh :confused:

goodphysq said:
Thanks for taking time to post this note, and we wish you the best in the next stages.

again, I think conversion from NON-RIR to RIR might have played important role in your approval.

My attorney keep telling me that we cant convert non-rir to RIR at this stage!! Not sure how we should do this??

Thanks goodphysq...
I remember having a discussion with my lawyers and they mentioned that any application with PD before August 2001 was eligible for a conversion from NON-RIR to RIR. Not sure if your PD is after August 2001.

Finally My attorney called to tell me good news that my labor has been approved . This board has been really helpful from past 5 years

Hope to see you soon in I-140 forum

Good luck

Priority date: May 15, 2001
Remanded to state: 2003
Asked for RIR conversion in 2004
45 Day Letter received in Oct 2005
45 Day Letter replied in Nov 2005
Enquiry sent through CongressWomen: Feb 2006
Reply received (to wait a little longer) from CongressWomen: Feb 2006
Approved Labor received: April 2006

PD July 2001

Hi,

My PD is 7/16/2001 and I havent received any 45 day letter. Is there anybody else with July 2001 PD who has not received 45 day letter?

Thanks

jay1971 said:
Hi,

My PD is 7/16/2001 and I havent received any 45 day letter. Is there anybody else with July 2001 PD who has not received 45 day letter?

Thanks

Thats wierd......as far I know most of the folks from this forum have got thier 45-day letter.

Was yours employer remanded or auto-remanded?

nitinag said:
Finally My attorney called to tell me good news that my labor has been approved . This board has been really helpful from past 5 years

Hope to see you soon in I-140 forum

Good luck

Priority date: May 15, 2001
Remanded to state: 2003
Asked for RIR conversion in 2004
45 Day Letter received in Oct 2005
45 Day Letter replied in Nov 2005
Enquiry sent through CongressWomen: Feb 2006
Reply received (to wait a little longer) from CongressWomen: Feb 2006
Approved Labor received: April 2006

Congrats Nitinag!

I wish you a smooth ride from here...take care :)

goodphysq said:
Thats wierd......as far I know most of the folks from this forum have got thier 45-day letter.

Was yours employer remanded or auto-remanded?

It was employer remanded.

Conversion from Non-RIR to RIR

Glad to see some approvals for this group whose applications were remanded.
I am one of those unlucky people and still waiting for the labour.
PD is 08/2001
Remanded to State in 04/2003
45 Day Letter 09/2005 and responded

I understand from this thread that some people have requested for conversion from non-rir to rir, Could some one give some details on how this should be done like is a request to DOL is sufficient or should it be accompanied by the RIR re-recruitment effort (one was sent along with the application when it was filed).

One of my colleagues who was in the same boat whose PD is 06/2001, received his 45 day letter and within few weeks he got his aproval, The lawyer did not request for conversion as far as i know.

Unfortuantley my lawyer does not even know that there some thing like this ( conversion) exists, It is a Big lawfirm in the bayarea. When i point to this he told me that he has to do the recruitment effort again.

Any details would be greta help to me. Please reply.

Thanks in advance.

In the same boat

CA RIR/EB2
PD 08/2001
RD 10/2002
Remanded to State 06/2003(I think it is employer remanded).
45 day letter 01/2006
Replied 01/2006
no news yet.
One of my colleague with the same case details, but with a PD of 06/2001/EB3
got approval last week.

I asked my attorney about the conversion from non-rir to rir and here
is the question/reply
"Can we convert the original application from non-rir case to rir?

ANS: case filed on your behalf was originally submitted as RIR, so there is no need to convert. Although it was remanded to the State for "supervised" recruitment, the BECs have not been requiring companies to do this and have instead simply been approving as RIR."

Dont know what to do

remandedDude said:
Glad to see some approvals for this group whose applications were remanded.
I am one of those unlucky people and still waiting for the labour.
PD is 08/2001
Remanded to State in 04/2003
45 Day Letter 09/2005 and responded

I understand from this thread that some people have requested for conversion from non-rir to rir, Could some one give some details on how this should be done like is a request to DOL is sufficient or should it be accompanied by the RIR re-recruitment effort (one was sent along with the application when it was filed).

One of my colleagues who was in the same boat whose PD is 06/2001, received his 45 day letter and within few weeks he got his aproval, The lawyer did not request for conversion as far as i know.

Unfortuantley my lawyer does not even know that there some thing like this ( conversion) exists, It is a Big lawfirm in the bayarea. When i point to this he told me that he has to do the recruitment effort again.

Any details would be greta help to me. Please reply.

Thanks in advance.

ANS: case filed on your behalf was originally submitted as RIR, so there is no need to convert. Although it was remanded to the State for "supervised" recruitment, the BECs have not been requiring companies to do this and have instead simply been approving as RIR."

Dont know what to do[/QUOTE]

Looks like BRC had not made any decisions on remanded cases. Who knows when they will make up thier mind :mad:

I strongly feel, converted from non-RIR to RIR cases with close to our priority date are getting approved!!

Also, some instances employer remanded cases are getting approval...

If we get one approval, then we could see many in a row - like most of us recieved 45-day letter end of last year.

Meantime, waiting continues..... :(

My colleague is also 06/2001/EB3, are we refering to same :)
Wish what your lawyer told is true.
My application is filed in EB2 with MS +0 or BS + 5
My case was employer remanded so does my colleagues case.
thanks for the reply.

bayareagc said:
CA RIR/EB2
PD 08/2001
RD 10/2002
Remanded to State 06/2003(I think it is employer remanded).
45 day letter 01/2006
Replied 01/2006
no news yet.
One of my colleague with the same case details, but with a PD of 06/2001/EB3
got approval last week.

I asked my attorney about the conversion from non-rir to rir and here
is the question/reply

Dont know what to do

goodphysq said:

Dont know what to do

Looks like BRC had not made any decisions on remanded cases. Who knows when they will make up thier mind :mad:

I strongly feel, converted from non-RIR to RIR cases with close to our priority date are getting approved!!

Also, some instances employer remanded cases are getting approval...

If we get one approval, then we could see many in a row - like most of us recieved 45-day letter end of last year.

Meantime, waiting continues..... :([/QUOTE]

I hope this is true, but i don't believe, bcos, there are many people in our company, all cases filed as RIR, employer remanded in 2003, 45 day letter rcvd/repld, Nov/dec 2005, no new yet....

remandedDude said:
My colleague is also 06/2001/EB3, are we refering to same :)
Wish what your lawyer told is true.
My application is filed in EB2 with MS +0 or BS + 5
My case was employer remanded so does my colleagues case.
thanks for the reply.
Actually, my colleague and I applied same day (Mar 2002) and both were remanded. But his got processed as RIR (due to some goofup) and was approved a couple of weeks ago. In fact, he got his 45-day letter just 6 weeks ago .. whereas I got mine a few months ago(Jan 06). So, it does make a difference whether you were RIR or non_RIR and converting should help in this case.

Finally!!!

My labour is approved. here are the details

EB3, BS+0 years
Filed in CA in December 2001
Got 3 option letter, Employer remanded back to state.
Got 45 day letter 1 month back
Got certification on April 21st.
Big bay area company...

Others, wait the day will come...

labor_paines said:

EB3, BS+0 years
Big bay area company...

Congrats! Best wishes for next stages!

labor_paines said:

EB3, BS+0 years
Big bay area company...

Looks like employer remanded cases are gettig approved, which is good.

But, in what way does employer remanded and auto-remanded cases differ?

They are the same!!!

Employer remanded cases and auto-remanded cases differ in no way. The only difference should be in the job responsibility. May not be an software job, I feel.

goodphysq said:
Looks like employer remanded cases are gettig approved, which is good.

But, in what way does employer remanded and auto-remanded cases differ?