• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

I got a call today asking for my passports back to issue visa. So I hope I will work out since our file was complete. They should just have kept them last week.

Happy for ya Dude! I think they screwed up and unnecessary stressed the shit out of you (and others for that matter) because they should have allocated visa once you got current.
It's awesome that the 30-40k cohort members are getting visas :)

I have a question, lets say that if I want to know my SS# sooner can I just go to the social security office upon arriving and ask for my number even if I dont get a card?
My new employer needs it as soon as possible and I want to be able to get my DL to wich I dont need the card, just the number.

I have a question, lets say that if I want to know my SS# sooner can I just go to the social security office upon arriving and ask for my number even if I dont get a card?
My new employer needs it as soon as possible and I want to be able to get my DL to wich I dont need the card, just the number.

Yes, go to the nearest SSA office. If an application has already been submitted on your behalf, they will tell you your number on the spot while you wait for the SSN card itself to arrive, and if no application shows up in their system under your name, then you submit an application for the number to be issued.

Almal praat nou Afrikaans. Ek mis mei ou taal!

Well, except for that Brit posting Nederlands ;)

It will become that language we speak when we don't want the kids to understand what we're talking about ....!

I also found a lekker urban dictionary definition of "eish". Not all of them,but I think the third one is good. I particularly liked, within that, example #5:
"Luke, I am your father."
"Eish!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=eish

Hi Britsimon

I have urgent situation, could please someone can advice how mush sponsor (I134) should show as yearly income for 2 adult & 2 child.

Case -2014AS000104**

Question, should I apply for a social security number?
I'm at the ssn office and they said that there is no application under my name or any of my family members.

Question, should I apply for a social security number?
I'm at the ssn office and they said that there is no application under my name or any of my family members.

In that case you need to submit an application for each family member. Do that now before you leave the SSA office.

I know but there should be an application already, that's what the forms said.

Yes, that's what the form says, but we've mentioned it over a thousand times that sometimes the SSN application is not automatically initiated. It's the reason we posted over and over again about people making a trip down to the nearest SSA to confirm if there's an application in the system for them or not, rather than waiting for the first 2 weeks to see if the card will show up or not.

As a matter of fact here is a direct response to the question you posted on Aug 15th about this same issue!

Yes, go to the nearest SSA office. If an application has already been submitted on your behalf, they will tell you your number on the spot while you wait for the SSN card itself to arrive, and if no application shows up in their system under your name, then you submit an application for the number to be issued.

You can either go ahead and put in the applications or argue about the fact that the form says "there should be an application already"