• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Tnx man,this is it,went 4 my interview, and the lady at the desk afta realising that i answered wrongly at the question, told me that I would be disqualified, frankly speaking a good friend did apply 4 me and might have made this error, after getting home I sent an email to the embassy explainin the error and begged,the embassy sent back an email with another interview,am scared of the outcome,should I go or boycott

OK - well the way to decide is to see whether the CO made the right decision or not. I can answer that but I need to know the following:

1. The region of the win (AF/AS/EU etc)
2. Country of chargeability
3. The country the principal selectee (the winner) was BORN in

We may also need to know:
4. Whether the parents were in the birth country temporarily or not and if so for what reason.
5. The parents country of birth.

Am a Ghanaian living in Italy 4 10yrs,so naturally my friend answered Italy as country of charge ability,so u think I can't make it and to boycott the new interview ryt?I soooo hoped it could be corrected thou
You will be disqualified. Because you now have EU number! And you suppose to have AF number.
Unless you are married to an italian, you will be disqualified.

Am a Ghanaian living in Italy 4 10yrs,so naturally my friend answered Italy as country of charge ability,so u think I can't make it and to boycott the new interview ryt?I soooo hoped it could be corrected thou

I'm surprised they responded by asking you to come back. With this information, it is definitely a disqualification as they're under two different regions.

But if you're married to an Italian, then you may be able to swing things and cross charged, but even that may not be so straight forward since your original country if birth qualifies under a different region.

OK region is EU,cos my friend entered Italy my country of charge ability,I was born in Ghana,not married,and no kids,parents born ingGhana too,I made a little research and realised it could HV helped if I have an Italian wife,or my parents were born here,but like I explained before,the mistake was unknowing,and I didn't gain anything from answering Italy as country of charge ability,can't the consulate understand my case?,in filling all the forms,my friend stated that my nationality is Ghana,that was quiet clear,and why didn't kcc notify me on that error all of these past months they had my file,

OK region is EU,cos my friend entered Italy my country of charge ability,I was born in Ghana,not married,and no kids,parents born ingGhana too,I made a little research and realised it could HV helped if I have an Italian wife,or my parents were born here,but like I explained before,the mistake was unknowing,and I didn't gain anything from answering Italy as country of charge ability,can't the consulate understand my case?,in filling all the forms,my friend stated that my nationality is Ghana,that was quiet clear,and why didn't kcc notify me on that error all of these past months they had my file,

Well in that case you will most certainly be disqualified. You did gain something - the regions have different chances of winning. You should never let someone else have filled in your forms for you, because you will end up paying the price when they get it wrong, as in this case. I'm sorry but there is no point in you attending any further interview.

KCC IS NOT responsible for notifying people of such errors! It is the applicant's responsibility to cross check and ensure the information entered is correct

And why did they ask me to come back 4an interview? is it only to make me loss the money that is not refundable?

You mean you didn't pay already??? Well if that is the case they were kind to you. As Mom said it is not up to them to make sure you followed the rules, so normally they would have taken your money.

Just wen I thought,it could be well!,anyways tnx soooo much,to u guys,so this is to say there has Neva been a case of this nature that turned out well,then I rest my case

Just wen I thought,it could be well!,anyways tnx soooo much,to u guys,so this is to say there has Neva been a case of this nature that turned out well,then I rest my case

Good luck. You can apply again - just make sure you read and follow the instructions.

Sorry, that is a definite disqualification. You should have an AF number but you would have had an EU number.

How sad to see yet another person lose out for someone not reading the very clear instructions on this issue.

This time for October AS is 2500 .......... Don't know what will happen to my future.. Today i saw a photo of one of my friends who was selected in DV 2009. He was with a Jaguar car.. He did part time jobs and also purchased a House in Wichita - Kansas in this year.... How lucky he is.. In Sri Lanka , extremely it is a dream... Okay friends.... It is time to say Goodbye to all of you and thanks a lot for the each and every help........... People were very helpful.. May god bless you all.... This DV lottery changed my whole plans and took me backward in my life.... Good experience in my life and at least i can tell this story to my children in future that your dad was become a DV winner without a visa.... lol ..... Thanks a lot....... Good bye to all of you.

This time for October AS is 2500 .......... Don't know what will happen to my future.. Today i saw a photo of one of my friends who was selected in DV 2009. He was with a Jaguar car.. He did part time jobs and also purchased a House in Wichita - Kansas in this year.... How lucky he is.. In Sri Lanka , extremely it is a dream... Okay friends.... It is time to say Goodbye to all of you and thanks a lot for the each and every help........... People were very helpful.. May god bless you all.... This DV lottery changed my whole plans and took me backward in my life.... Good experience in my life and at least i can tell this story to my children in future that your dad was become a DV winner without a visa.... lol ..... Thanks a lot....... Good bye to all of you.

All the best for you in the future.

Everything happens for a reason in life.. dont get discouraged. Even I feel the same as you,coz im just like u sri lankan, havig a bsc degree more than qualified to get this green card , waiting to get married, I need to start my life now, I could have done so many things for the future benefit of my life if I dint get this thing .. Everybody tld me if you hv won the lottery you will surely get visa so I got ready for this didnt plan to build a house atleaset .But it was not like that at last. that's god's will my friend. May be he might have a better reason for us to happen like this...
Sometimes we fall down. becz there's something down there that you are supposed to find....
you are not corect , u can buy a jaguar car,, a better house even in Sri Lanka. or you can try another country, which would be better than usa. this is not the only chance in life. If you work hard and try, you can fly one day!!
dont get discouraged life is like this. See how lucky you are , you have everything! that's your heart and soul by which you can do anything. you are educated. dont be scard you can do anythng.
one day tell you children that your father had a chance like this and lost it, but never gave up in life!

Thanks all. good bye :)

Good bye America and see you all..............................bye......................bye............................

Reactions: DKK
Everything happens for a reason in life.. dont get discouraged. Even I feel the same as you,coz im just like u sri lankan, havig a bsc degree more than qualified to get this green card , waiting to get married, I need to start my life now, I could have done so many things for the future benefit of my life if I dint get this thing .. Everybody tld me if you hv won the lottery you will surely get visa so I got ready for this didnt plan to build a house atleaset .But it was not like that at last. that's god's will my friend. May be he might have a better reason for us to happen like this...
Sometimes we fall down. becz there's something down there that you are supposed to find....
you are not corect , u can buy a jaguar car,, a better house even in Sri Lanka. or you can try another country, which would be better than usa. this is not the only chance in life. If you work hard and try, you can fly one day!!
dont get discouraged life is like this. See how lucky you are , you have everything! that's your heart and soul by which you can do anything. you are educated. dont be scard you can do anythng.
one day tell you children that your father had a chance like this and lost it, but never gave up in life!

Thanks all. good bye :)
Good bye America and see you all..............................bye......................bye............................
Will miss you guys :)
Thanks a lot.