• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

For you it begins.:D:p People do as simon. Have 2 Options. working visa + lottery.;)
Yes sloner, it didnt start yet for me :)
I just hope i will make it, because if i go on AP for what ever reason im toast.
I cant have simon's'option for H1 visa.
Because i havent got exceptional skill to apply for it.
Sloner try again in 2016dv i hope you will make it.
Because you must still buy me and simon,a full chiken at kfc :D.:p

The lady was very clear, the visa says that expire on January 1st 2015 but the last day to travel and activate the package that they gave me is september 30th 2014, after that is not operable by the system since the visa time for that year is expired, the whole process has to be finished by september 30th 2014 and that includes entering the USA.

After I left from picking up my passports I got a call from someone at the embassy reminding me that, and that I must flight before that day or I will be loosing everything.

Im fliying september 3rd just in case.

You can do that and I understand why you would, but that is incorrect information . Our visas were issued July 1 last year with an expiry date of 31 Dec. We entered 26 Dec, nearly 3 months after Dv13 had closed. No problem. Of course, because our visas had not expired. Are you sure you don't have a problem with your medicals expiring earlier? Some embassies do it that way, whereas others match the visa expiry to the medical expiry.

Or did you do your interview at an embassy that is not used to DV maybe? We know some officials get DV issues wrong if they don't deal with them regularly.

The lady was very clear, the visa says that expire on January 1st 2015 but the last day to travel and activate the package that they gave me is september 30th 2014, after that is not operable by the system since the visa time for that year is expired, the whole process has to be finished by september 30th 2014 and that includes entering the USA.

After I left from picking up my passports I got a call from someone at the embassy reminding me that, and that I must flight before that day or I will be loosing everything.

Im fliying september 3rd just in case.

The lady was talking nonsense. It is staggering how people who should know better don't even put any thought at all into their statements. So for her, if someone were issued a visa on September 30th (has happened many many times) they would not be able to enter the USA on that visa. I'm sorry but to be that misinformed is disgraceful.

15 Months of S@%t finally went out..

"Effective People do not complain, instead they take action and adjust!
When they see something is not working They reinvent themselves FAST...."

Last edited by a moderator:
Officially game over. I sincerely hope those that still in the progress will get their visas and have a happy life in USA. Good bye guys and good bye America.

Sad to see you miss out dude - you have done so much to explain the mystery of this whole thing to concerned people. There should be a special category of visa availability for people like you and Rafik that have done so much in the background but are not blessed with low numbers...

Tnx man,this is it,went 4 my interview, and the lady at the desk afta realising that i answered wrongly at the question, told me that I would be disqualified, frankly speaking a good friend did apply 4 me and might have made this error, after getting home I sent an email to the embassy explainin the error and begged,the embassy sent back an email with another interview,am scared of the outcome,should I go or boycott

Mr.britsimon,still waiting on you or anyone who still got guudnews even afta such a massive error
You have to tell us what is the ''error''?!
I presume its on the country of chargeability?
If you still in the same region, than its ok.
If not, than you will be disqualified.

Am a Ghanaian living in Italy 4 10yrs,so naturally my friend answered Italy as country of charge ability,so u think I can't make it and to boycott the new interview ryt?I soooo hoped it could be corrected thou