• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

That site is down probably because they're getting ready to start adding 2NL for DV 2015 applicants. I wouldn't worry too much about it for now.

After the first time that I checked my status and learned that I was selected and saved the letter as PDF, I never dared to go back and check the entry again fearing that it might have dissolved into smoke and disappeared. :) Good thing people doing AOS are done with the status check page after the first notification letter.

I agree with Mom. They are most likely getting ready for the DV-2015 folks.

After the first time that I checked my status and learned that I was selected and saved the letter as PDF, I never dared to go back and check the entry again fearing that it might have dissolved into smoke and disappeared. :) Good thing people doing AOS are done with the status check page after the first notification letter.

Thats why i keep saying to people to print it out asap ;)

Haha, same here. My husband kept saying are you sure we did not dream this up, LOL. Mind you that I went back in after 2 weeks and didn't enter the info properly so the letter did not come up at first and my hear sank! LOL. thankfully I did it again right then and there and it came up!

Someone ask about the possibility of Sept cut off changes and the following is the reply from DOS.

Dear Sir, I am a DV 2014 winner. Any changes in September cut-off number for Asia?

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs DV numbers are reviewed every month, and there is always a possibility that numbers will adjust. Please visit our website and review the September Visa Bulletin. It will be released in the coming weeks http://travel.state.gov/.../law-and-policy/bulletin.html. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that there will be numbers available for all DV selectees, so you should apply as early as possible.

And someone without a sense of history complaining about the "unprecedented" cut off for AF.

Also so much confusion about the process, and so much of it unnecessary if people just bothered to read the darn instructions.... :mad:

Like the person claiming it's too confusing to figure out if she can apply as a dual Australian/Canadian citizen...

Last edited:
Someone ask about the possibility of Sept cut off changes and the following is the reply from DOS.

Dear Sir, I am a DV 2014 winner. Any changes in September cut-off number for Asia?

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs DV numbers are reviewed every month, and there is always a possibility that numbers will adjust. Please visit our website and review the September Visa Bulletin. It will be released in the coming weeks http://travel.state.gov/.../law-and-policy/bulletin.html. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that there will be numbers available for all DV selectees, so you should apply as early as possible.
Hopefully it will happen, only one week to go.
I really wish you that kayend

I liked this
Akaba James
For the month of September, the cut off number for Africa stands at 81,100. What prompted this unprecedented cut off, when we are used to the 'current' status in September? Are there chances that the September visa bulletin will push up this cut off limit? And can it be practical that the 50,000 visas are all used up with such a cut off? Moreover, what is the need selecting 125,000 people to cut off at 81,1000? Why not select the usual 100,000 and cut off at the 81,100? Thanks
Нравится · Ответить · 2 · около часа назад

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs
Hi Akaba, there has been a greater than usual number of applicants for DV 2014. We do not have sufficient numbers of visas for all DV selectees. We usually select more than 50,000 people because many applicants do not complete the process, however, we are obligated by law to only issue 50,000 visas. Accordingly, once we issue the number allowed by law, we cannot issue additional visas even to people that may have been selected as eligible to apply for the DV. Please check back in September to see if you can apply for DV 2016, and please apply as early as possible if you are eligible. The September bulletin will be released shortly.

:D standard phrase.

I liked this
Akaba James
For the month of September, the cut off number for Africa stands at 81,100. What prompted this unprecedented cut off, when we are used to the 'current' status in September? Are there chances that the September visa bulletin will push up this cut off limit? And can it be practical that the 50,000 visas are all used up with such a cut off? Moreover, what is the need selecting 125,000 people to cut off at 81,1000? Why not select the usual 100,000 and cut off at the 81,100? Thanks
".... unprecedented cut off, when we are used to the 'current' status in September".
Hhmmm ....

I liked this
Akaba James
Нравится · Ответить · 2 · около часа назад

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs
Hi Akaba, there has been a greater than usual number of applicants for DV 2014. We do not have sufficient numbers of visas for all DV selectees. We usually select more than 50,000 people because many applicants do not complete the process, however, we are obligated by law to only issue 50,000 visas. Accordingly, once we issue the number allowed by law, we cannot issue additional visas even to people that may have been selected as eligible to apply for the DV. Please check back in September to see if you can apply for DV 2016, and please apply as early as possible if you are eligible. The September bulletin will be released shortly.

:D standard phrase.

I love the answer.

I can see on the news something like "The American Department of State were recently surprised by the "greater than usual number of applicants" who responded for DV2014. When questioned if this could be related to the 30% increase in the amount of selectees invited to respond, the DoS did not see the connection. Seasoned observers responded with a communal facepalm. "

This is a common tactic of the State Department, when they go from not comfortable questions. Type in YouTube Matthew Lee and Jen Psaki:)
Quite. The quote related to the rather 'insightful' question of Mr. A k a b a , though...