Sep 2012 / N 400 Tracker

Finally I have completed the citizenship journey successfully. I wish to thank all who have contributed so much, helping each other through this forum. Good luck to those who are waiting in line.
(My on line status still shows "Testing and Interview" !!!)

Finally I have completed the citizenship journey successfully. I wish to thank all who have contributed so much, helping each other through this forum. Good luck to those who are waiting in line.
(My on line status still shows "Testing and Interview" !!!)

Congrats.

Update on my N-400 Processing Timeline

09/24/2012 Sent N-400 to Dallas TX Lockbox
09/26/2012 Confirmed Delivery via USPS
10/02/2012 SMS & Email confirmation received from USCIS (Application Accepted & Receipt Number indicated)
10/02/2012 Check Cashed
10/06/2012 Receipt Notice received in Mail (Form I-797C)
10/06/2012 Biometric Notification received in Mail (FP scheduled for Oct 18 in Philadelphia)
10/18/2012 FP Done
11/28/2012 Status updated to Interview Scheduled
12/03/2012 Receiver IL, Interview scheduled for Jan 7th 2013
01/07/2013 Interview Passed :)
01/07/2013 Oath Ceremony Completed (Received Naturalization Certificate)
01/09/2013 Applied for US Passport

Congratulations on your success and best of luck! Still waiting on an interview date for me+spouse but expect to get those in the next few weeks and hope to be joining the celebrations before too long.

Here is my tracker:

09/30 : Application sent to Dallas, TX
10/01 : Priority Data
10/03 : NOA received
10/10 : FP Letter sent.
10/12 : FP appt. letter received.
10/24 : FP done
10/30 : Received a yellow letter stating I indicated a misdemeanor charge in application and to bring all originals related to it.
11/23 : Status changed to in line for interview
12/15 : Received Interview Letter
01/11 : Interview completed successfully. - N652 received.

Here goes my interview details.
Field office is Philadelphia, PA.
Interview is scheduled at 2.30 PM

> I went in at 1.30 PM through the security to the 2nd floor.
> Receptionist was talking to someone else inside while looking at my interview letter and her computer, scribbled something on my interview letter on top of it and entered time on the back side bottom of the page. She told to go to the receptionist on 3rd floor and give the letter.
> 3rd Floor receptionist window has no one sitting there and has a big red-page sign in bold saying : please take a seat and you will be called by name. I took a seat and noticed some others also appeared to be told same instructions in the 2nd floor as they begin forming a line at the receptionist window.

> 1.45 PM : - A staff member (with badge hanging from her neck) came into waiting area asking if anyone has not yet turned in the interview letters for Naturalization. I gave my interview letter and waited.

> 2.20 PM : - IO came called my name, took to his cube. I filed in as Married to USC, but IO said you are over 5 year residency period no need of your wife to come in for interview.
I had all my documents in separate folder for each category (taxes, proof of residence,etc..) so I carried them all in a laptop bag.
IO told me to stay standing and put everything on chair. As I was placing my stuff on chair, he noticed I was very nervous/tense and told me to relax.
IO made me swear and then asked for state id, green card and all passports including the expired ones to be placed on his desk:
1. showed me a paper with my demographics info and asked if my name is spelled correctly and if there is any change to it. I said my phone number changed and he updated that page and the application and on his computer.
2. went through each question in the application and asked me the same question on application and he was checking it on the applcn as i answer.
# Is this your only marriage, you are never married to anyone else? I said correct., yes. He asked how many times my wife is married, i answered it.
3. when he came to the question, how many kids do you have, I answered 0 in the applcn. he said does your wife has any, i said yes. IO said that question is inclusive of step kids. I apologised for the mistake and he said no worries and asked for kids names, ages and where they live. Wrote them on applcn and moved on..
4. I had a misdemeanor charge prior to 5 years for selling beer to minor. I mentioned in the applcn. He looked at the copies i enclosed with applcn and started saying he would tell me how to get the needed original proof for it. I said I have the originals with me and handed him the original ticket, receipt for the fine and the court disposition letter. He looked at the three and said he will hang on to the disposition letter because that is the proof I paid the fine and took care of it.
he asked if I ever had any other arrests, charges or run-ins with the law other than this? I said no.
5. Employer question - do you still work at this employer XXX as XXX? I answered yes.

6. Dates of travel outside the US -- you stated you last went outside US on these dates, have you left country since then? I answered no.
7. He made me sign the application on two spots.

8. Gave me the test :
What does freedom of religion means?
Name one state that borders canada?
What is to the east of US?
When do men register for selective service?
Name two US holidays?
How many Senators are there in total?

Read this sentence : What do we pay to government?
Write this sentence : We pay taxes to government.

He gave me N-652 pointing to the check marks in it stating he reviewed my application and I passed the tests and Congratulations that my case is recommended for approval. He said in about 4 to 6 weeks I would get oath letter. He mentioned again, not to worry about that misdemeanor because it happenned outside of statutory period and I have the needed court disposition letter. He said he just have to get his supervisor to sign on something for it because they keep changing their process all the time.
IO : Now all you have to do is go to the waiting hall, gather your stuff, pick up your wife and go home :).

> While I was in waiting room, he came back there to get the next candidate and told me - you are all good, you should get letter of oath mailed to you in about 4 to 6 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. Are you changing your name ?

Here is my tracker:

09/30 : Application sent to Dallas, TX
10/01 : Priority Data
10/03 : NOA received
10/10 : FP Letter sent.
10/12 : FP appt. letter received.
10/24 : FP done
10/30 : Received a yellow letter stating I indicated a misdemeanor charge in application and to bring all originals related to it.
11/23 : Status changed to in line for interview
12/15 : Received Interview Letter
01/11 : Interview completed successfully. - N652 received.

Here goes my interview details.
Field office is Philadelphia, PA.
Interview is scheduled at 2.30 PM

> I went in at 1.30 PM through the security to the 2nd floor.
> Receptionist was talking to someone else inside while looking at my interview letter and her computer, scribbled something on my interview letter on top of it and entered time on the back side bottom of the page. She told to go to the receptionist on 3rd floor and give the letter.
> 3rd Floor receptionist window has no one sitting there and has a big red-page sign in bold saying : please take a seat and you will be called by name. I took a seat and noticed some others also appeared to be told same instructions in the 2nd floor as they begin forming a line at the receptionist window.

> 1.45 PM : - A staff member (with badge hanging from her neck) came into waiting area asking if anyone has not yet turned in the interview letters for Naturalization. I gave my interview letter and waited.

> 2.20 PM : - IO came called my name, took to his cube. I filed in as Married to USC, but IO said you are over 5 year residency period no need of your wife to come in for interview.
I had all my documents in separate folder for each category (taxes, proof of residence,etc..) so I carried them all in a laptop bag.
IO told me to stay standing and put everything on chair. As I was placing my stuff on chair, he noticed I was very nervous/tense and told me to relax.
IO made me swear and then asked for state id, green card and all passports including the expired ones to be placed on his desk:
1. showed me a paper with my demographics info and asked if my name is spelled correctly and if there is any change to it. I said my phone number changed and he updated that page and the application and on his computer.
2. went through each question in the application and asked me the same question on application and he was checking it on the applcn as i answer.
# Is this your only marriage, you are never married to anyone else? I said correct., yes. He asked how many times my wife is married, i answered it.
3. when he came to the question, how many kids do you have, I answered 0 in the applcn. he said does your wife has any, i said yes. IO said that question is inclusive of step kids. I apologised for the mistake and he said no worries and asked for kids names, ages and where they live. Wrote them on applcn and moved on..
4. I had a misdemeanor charge prior to 5 years for selling beer to minor. I mentioned in the applcn. He looked at the copies i enclosed with applcn and started saying he would tell me how to get the needed original proof for it. I said I have the originals with me and handed him the original ticket, receipt for the fine and the court disposition letter. He looked at the three and said he will hang on to the disposition letter because that is the proof I paid the fine and took care of it.
he asked if I ever had any other arrests, charges or run-ins with the law other than this? I said no.
5. Employer question - do you still work at this employer XXX as XXX? I answered yes.

6. Dates of travel outside the US -- you stated you last went outside US on these dates, have you left country since then? I answered no.
7. He made me sign the application on two spots.

8. Gave me the test :
What does freedom of religion means?
Name one state that borders canada?
What is to the east of US?
When do men register for selective service?
Name two US holidays?
How many Senators are there in total?

Read this sentence : What do we pay to government?
Write this sentence : We pay taxes to government.

He gave me N-652 pointing to the check marks in it stating he reviewed my application and I passed the tests and Congratulations that my case is recommended for approval. He said in about 4 to 6 weeks I would get oath letter. He mentioned again, not to worry about that misdemeanor because it happenned outside of statutory period and I have the needed court disposition letter. He said he just have to get his supervisor to sign on something for it because they keep changing their process all the time.
IO : Now all you have to do is go to the waiting hall, gather your stuff, pick up your wife and go home :).

> While I was in waiting room, he came back there to get the next candidate and told me - you are all good, you should get letter of oath mailed to you in about 4 to 6 weeks.

no sir.
Why?

I am having name change so IO officer told me it would take more than a month to get scheduled for Oath ceremony.I thought people with no change would get their Oath ceremony quicker (in one or two weeks from interview date).

UPDATE INTERVIEW PASSED
today I had my interview. it was scheduled for 8:30AM. I arrived there at 7:45AM. Handed my IL and waited till they call my name it was about 8:40AM. IO was super nice. walked to her office. then she ask me to hand her my passports and PRC an driver license. she started with reading/writing test and then civic/history test it was very easy and I passed it. then she told me to wait because the system was down. I waited about 15 minutes till they get the system up. then she continued the interview by reviewing my application. she didn't ask me for any originals of the document except my income tax paper and she took a quick look through it. then she told me congratulation you have passed the interview and your oath ceremony will be on Wednesday 01/23/2013 and handed me the form where she marked at congratulation. then she told me you will be citizen before your birthday (01/28). then she walked with me to the waiting area and told me to wait for my oath letter. I waited for another 20 minuted and I received my oath letter. I went to my car found text message from USCIS saying my case has been updated. checked it online and it said I have been scheduled for an oath ceremony.

THAT'S ALL IT WAS MUCH EASIER THAN I EXPECTED.

09/05/2012 .. N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ
09/13/2012 .. Priority date
09/18/2012 .. FP Notice Received
10/10/2012 .. FP completed
11/15/2012 .. Yellow Letter Received
12/26/2012 .. Interview Letter Received
01/30/2013 .. Interview Sched.passed the test
02/06/2013 .. oath letter received scheduled on 02/22/2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Me & my wife have completed interview on 14th (no issues), took oath on 15th. We applied for passport the same day.

All the best to all who are waiting on this.

OnePenney -- how are you able to take oath the next day of your interview? did the IO gave you oath letter at the end of the interview?

Got email notice of inteview today so should have that date some time next week. I'm not far behind you - fingers crossed.

Update on my N-400 Processing Timeline

09/24/2012 Sent N-400 to Dallas TX Lockbox
09/26/2012 Confirmed Delivery via USPS
10/02/2012 SMS & Email confirmation received from USCIS (Application Accepted & Receipt Number indicated)
10/02/2012 Check Cashed
10/06/2012 Receipt Notice received in Mail (Form I-797C)
10/06/2012 Biometric Notification received in Mail (FP scheduled for Oct 18 in Philadelphia)
10/18/2012 FP Done
11/28/2012 Status updated to Interview Scheduled
12/03/2012 Receiver IL, Interview scheduled for Jan 7th 2013
01/07/2013 Interview Passed
01/07/2013 Oath Ceremony Completed (Received Naturalization Certificate)
01/09/2013 Applied for US Passport
01/16/2013 Passport Received (Used Expedited Service) :) :) :)

Hope you will get done yours soon as well. Good Luck!!!

OnePenney -- how are you able to take oath the next day of your interview? did the IO gave you oath letter at the end of the interview?

The IO told me & my wife to wait in the waiting room. Then another officer came and called the people who have completed interview, and told us to come on 15th (the next day) for oath ceremony. Looks like in Charlotte, NC, the ceremony is twice a month.

The IO told me & my wife to wait in the waiting room. Then another officer came and called the people who have completed interview, and told us to come on 15th (the next day) for oath ceremony. Looks like in Charlotte, NC, the ceremony is twice a month.

sweet. I am waiting for oath letter.