Sep 2012 / N 400 Tracker

I completed my interview today and the officer was really tough on me. All through the interview he showed no emotions neither did he smile for once. Anyways he asked a lot of questions - about my work, marriage, and kids. Then he went on to the citizenship test. At the end he told me that I passed both the interview and the citizenship exam but that he needed for me to send him a copy of my children's birth certificate within 30 days. He gave me a letter called N14 and another one which is the result of the exam.

He had given me my form to sign and also got me to verify that my information is correct on the certificate preparation form. I am working on getting the documents and mailing to him. He said that I could mail them to him.

So that is how it went. Thanks for asking.

I completed my interview today and the officer was really tough on me. All through the interview he showed no emotions neither did he smile for once. Anyways he asked a lot of questions - about my work, marriage, and kids. Then he went on to the citizenship test. At the end he told me that I passed both the interview and the citizenship exam but that he needed for me to send him a copy of my children's birth certificate within 30 days. He gave me a letter called N14 and another one which is the result of the exam.

He had given me my form to sign and also got me to verify that my information is correct on the certificate preparation form. I am working on getting the documents and mailing to him. He said that I could mail them to him.

So that is how it went. Thanks for asking.

I returned back from my trip yesterday. This morning I received a pleasant telephone call from the local USCIS DO asking me if I would be available for the citizenship interview next week on 18th Dec, which I accepted. She asked me to bring my Passport, Green card and any State issued ID for the interview and come prepared for the test.

I returned back from my trip yesterday. This morning I received a pleasant telephone call from the local USCIS DO asking me if I would be available for the citizenship interview next week on 18th Dec, which I accepted. She asked me to bring my Passport, Green card and any State issued ID for the interview and come prepared for the test.

All the best for your interview.

Good luck on your interview tomorrow. Let us know how it went.

To day is one of the coldest days here in town... Temp around 10 degrees below Zero. The icy roads were very slicky.
I reached the USCIS DO 10 mins before the scheduled time of interview. I was allowed to carry my mobile phone with me inside the building but was advised to keep it totally switched off by the security. I waited for about 15 mins in the lobby and was greeted by the IO who led me to her office. After exchange of some pleasantries, I was told the whole proceedings would be videotaped under oath. She took my Passport, State issued DL and the GC.

She went through my application line by line and asked me questions ... Name, SSN, DOB, Country of Birth, marital status, my Home address, day time telephone number, how long I am in the present address, my present and previous employers, total number of trips and the number of days outside US (I had 198 days in 10trips incl two cruises), my wife's name, the date of marriage, her DOB, her status in US, names of my children and their current addresses. She specifically asked me if I had made any single trip involving 180 days are more during the last 5 years. She verified some Port of Entry stamps in my passport. Then she asked me all the questions verbatum from the application for which all my answers were "NO". The answers were "YES" for the questions on "Oath requirements". Then she made me sign the two photographs, which were with the application

For the Reading and Writing Test, she made me read "Where is the White House?" and asked me to write "The White House is in Washington DC"

Then followed the Civics test:
1. What is the Highest Court in US? (The supreme Court)
2. Who is your Vice President? (Mr. Joe Biden)
3. How many amendments does the Constitution have? (27)
4. Who makes Federal Laws? (The Congress)
5.Why did the colonists fight the British? (Because of high taxes)
6. Who was the President during the Great Depression and World war II? (FDR - Franklin Delano Roosevelt)

She congratulated me and gave me a letter stating that I have passed the tests of English and US history and Govt and my application has been recommended for approval.

She also gave me the Oath letter and told me that the ceremony would be on coming Friday 21st Dec 2012. [Which happens to be the Winter Solstice day ... the shortest day (2 Hrs) and longest night (22Hrs) in Alaska] She returned back my Passport, DL and GC. She advised me to bring the GC and return it to USCIS staff during the ceremony, while collecting the Certificate of Naturalization.

The whole proceedings took exactly 10 minutes as announced by her, on the video recording.

To day is one of the coldest days here in town... Temp around 10 degrees below Zero. The icy roads were very slicky.
I reached the USCIS DO 10 mins before the scheduled time of interview. I was allowed to carry my mobile phone with me inside the building but was advised to keep it totally switched off by the security. I waited for about 15 mins in the lobby and was greeted by the IO who led me to her office. After exchange of some pleasantries, I was told the whole proceedings would be videotaped under oath. She took my Passport, State issued DL and the GC.

She went through my application line by line and asked me questions ... Name, SSN, DOB, Country of Birth, marital status, my Home address, day time telephone number, how long I am in the present address, my present and previous employers, total number of trips and the number of days outside US (I had 198 days in 10trips incl two cruises), my wife's name, the date of marriage, her DOB, her status in US, names of my children and their current addresses. She specifically asked me if I had made any single trip involving 180 days are more during the last 5 years. She verified some Port of Entry stamps in my passport. Then she asked me all the questions verbatum from the application for which all my answers were "NO". The answers were "YES" for the questions on "Oath requirements". Then she made me sign the two photographs, which were with the application

For the Reading and Writing Test, she made me read "Where is the White House?" and asked me to write "The White House is in Washington DC"

6. Who was the President during the Great Depression and World war II? (FDR - Franklin Delano Roosevelt)

She congratulated me and gave me a letter stating that I have passed the tests of English and US history and Govt and my application has been recommended for approval.

She also gave me the Oath letter and told me that the ceremony would be on coming Friday 21st Dec 2012. [Which happens to be the Winter Solstice day ... the shortest day (2 Hrs) and longest night (22Hrs) in Alaska] She returned back my Passport, DL and GC. She advised me to bring the GC and return it to USCIS staff during the ceremony, while collecting the Certificate of Naturalization.

The whole proceedings took exactly 10 minutes as announced by her, on the video recording.

Congrats

I had my interview on Dec 19th and it went well. First i was asked to take oath and after that i was asked for my permanent resident card. Then officer gave reading rest, writing test and then civil test. Then officer confirmed my name change and then asked me to sign name change petition and then went thru few questions on N400. Then asked me to sign n400 and picture id. After officer put some same date seals on the papers and put approval stamp on one the papers. Finally gave me n652 saying i passed tests and my application is recommended for approval. Officer said, i can expect to receive oath ceremony letter in a months time. I thanked the officer before leaving.

How did your oath ceremony go ?

To day I attended a simple Oath ceremony administered by a Senior Immigration Officer, who herself is a naturalized citizen at BP Energy Center building. We were 28 people from 10 different countries. The function started at 10:30 and was over by 11:30. A few video shows and brief talk were the highlights of the function. Finally the citizenship journey with USCIS is over in 100days.

Good luck to all those who are patiently waiting for their turn...

To day I attended a simple Oath ceremony administered by a Senior Immigration Officer, who herself is a naturalized citizen at BP Energy Center building. We were 28 people from 10 different countries. The function started at 10:30 and was over by 11:30. A few video shows and brief talk were the highlights of the function. Finally the citizenship journey with USCIS is over in 100days.

Good luck to all those who are patiently waiting for their turn...

Congratulations.

Thank you!
Actually, the interviewer called in sick and another one picked it up and called us in after 1.5 hours of the original appointment time, they suck with bad service!!
Then told my wife that she passed but she has to read the file since it the original officer is sick, she said they will send her something in the mail in 2 weeks. there were no complications or grilling during the interview to signify any issues. Officer was so nice.

What do you think?

Did your wife get Oath letter or Oath ceremony done ?