Sensenbrenner

Hi TECHY2468,

It's none of my business to give commang to anyone to stop discussing different things. I am trying to get more support from every one. Since you said that you have some free time if possible please try to convince all the people whom you know to support our cause. Idea here is to built strong support on our cause so that senators hear what we are saying.

We are in the situation were few calls and few fax sent by us is not going to help us. You as the responsible person have done your job but there are others who (Like Morons) just come to this board and read and then go away thinking that things would happen by itself. So please help this community and keep up the good work.

techy2468 said:
gc-despo......i smell conflict of intrest around you.....you must have some relation with illegal immigrant....or you are missing the whole point....ILLEGAL....means illegal....uninvited.....there are millions of people starving....can you welcome few of them into your home and feed them....

Techy,

I have no conflict of interest - I am not illegal imig, nor are any of my friends/relatives. I may be missing the point...... or you may be mssing my point :)

My point is not that we should support US welcoming all poor and starving people. Of course that is not possible and also not correct.

My point is that H1-B visa (or some equivalent work visa program) should be expanded to included low-skill, lower paid immigrant jobs, and these people should have a clear legal path (say EB 4,5,6) to getting a GC, just like the rest of us, instead of being forced to remain illegal.

GC-Despo,

Pls lets stay focussed on our legal immigration. What the Govt does abt lower income jobs does not concern us in any way :)

gc-despo....how do you prove that their is a shortage for low skilled, manual labors in the country??, because there is never a shortage.....with the min wage hanging around $5-6, its not a shortage........there are enough people who will do the same job...if the min wages are not ridiculous...

lets cut this short.........we are here to fight for retrogression....GC for legals....and right now not interested in solving the world problems......and i still think that we can handle just one priority right now.....that is....legal immigration.....we are neutral against illegal.......but we will oppose any support to illegals bypassing the legals (ignoring legals).........same with New H1 visas.......we are neutral to it....but we want them to give attention to legals first......becos....we deserve it.....

techy2468 said:
gc-despo....how do you prove that their is a shortage for low skilled, manual labors in the country??, because there is never a shortage.....with the min wage hanging around $5-6, its not a shortage........there are enough people who will do the same job...if the min wages are not ridiculous...

lets cut this short.........we are here to fight for retrogression....GC for legals....and right now not interested in solving the world problems......and i still think that we can handle just one priority right now.....that is....legal immigration.....we are neutral against illegal.......but we will oppose any support to illegals bypassing the legals (ignoring legals).........same with New H1 visas.......we are neutral to it....but we want them to give attention to legals first......becos....we deserve it.....

Allright amigos, bowing to public pressure on this forum, I shall no longer engage in debate about illegal immigration.

Switching to my views about legal EB immigration:

I believe everyone who has a degree (B.S and higher) from an American Univ and has a job in a real company (be it start up or established) should straightaway be given GC, instead og going thru H1, LC, I-140, retrogression, I-485 etc.

There should just be a direct I-485 stage. Maybe that will reduce the impact of retrogression if people have not spent 3+ years just to get to I-485 stage.

Sensenbrener and his acolytes must be celebrating their victory !
They turn people with no documents into criminals!
In the near future they are going for aliens with documents too!

gc-despo.....sorry man...but u r asking for utopia.....but i will also like to get the same...(in australia...it still happens...u can get PR in 6-12 months straight...)

archkre.....u r getting paranoid man.....why r u so scared.....keep renewing your H1...keep changing employers....plan a life outside of usa......have a backup plan in case you have H1 problem.....and life will not be hell....

Archkre,

I understand your situation that (a) you cannot get H1b extension & hence you are on the verge of losing legal status and that (b) you do not support illegal immigrants.

I understand that due to unfortunate reasons you have not been able to apply for labor certification on time, and 6yrs have gone by. Since you don't have a labor application pending for more than 180days, you cannot get the normal 1yr H1b extension like others.

All these winding and tangential responses in this thread are a result of lack of understanding, and possibly because of language problems.

Bottom line: Your case is very unfortunate. I suggest the following:

(a) Appeal for the days that you spent outside US over the past six years. The possibility is that they will give you another H1 extension, for that many days. However, I would assume that it is very unlikely that you have spent 6 whole months outside US in the past 6yrs, so the entire exercise may not be useful and you would know better.

(b) Explore if you can get your legal status transferred to some other visa status (O visa, nafta visa etc.). You have to do your own research, you can’t expect your expensive attorney to help you.

I am not surprised by some of the replies to your posts. Most of the members in this forum are software coders with not so strong command over the English language. If not presented in right format (PD ../../..; ND ../../..; AD .....) their brain sends an "error" signal!

It is well known that many of the legal software professionals in the US, coming from South Asia (mostly Indians) and other parts of Asia, have fudged their credentials (unethical to start with and in extension -- illegal ) with fake coding diplomas, fake degrees etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
chatterjee said:
Since you don't have a labor application pending for more than 180days, you cannot get the normal 1yr H1b extension like others.
Chatterjee.
Please explain this trick with 180days pending instead of 365days pending.
I have been guessing it, and I wonder it means filing extension 1 days before 6th year expiration and set start date 6 month later (as H1 petition can be filed 6months prior to start date) to make LC 365days pending upon start date which is the condition stated in recent USCIS memo...
Please clarify.

My apologies. It is indeed, 365 days and not 180 days of pending labor.

Thus, one needs to have applied for labor certification at least 365 days back to get H1B extension. i.e., ideally before completing the 5th year of H1b status

to Archkre, pls take note.

chatterjee said:
Archkre,

I understand your situation that (a) you cannot get H1b extension & hence you are on the verge of losing legal status and that (b) you do not support illegal immigrants.

I understand that due to unfortunate reasons you have not been able to apply for labor certification on time, and 6yrs have gone by. Since you don't have a labor application pending for more than 180days, you cannot get the normal 1yr H1b extension like others.

All these winding and tangential responses in this thread are a result of lack of understanding, and possibly because of language problems.

Bottom line: Your case is very unfortunate. I suggest the following:

(a) Appeal for the days that you spent outside US over the past six years. The possibility is that they will give you another H1 extension, for that many days. However, I would assume that it is very unlikely that you have spent 6 whole months outside US in the past 6yrs, so the entire exercise may not be useful and you would know better.

(b) Explore if you can get your legal status transferred to some other visa status (O visa, nafta visa etc.). You have to do your own research, you can’t expect your expensive attorney to help you.

I am not surprised by some of the replies to your posts. Most of the members in this forum are software coders with not so strong command over the English language. If not presented in right format (PD ../../..; ND ../../..; AD .....) their brain sends an "error" signal!

It is well known that many of the legal software professionals in the US, coming from South Asia (mostly Indians) and other parts of Asia, have fudged their credentials (unethical to start with and in extension -- illegal ) with fake coding diplomas, fake degrees etc.
Thanks for your understanding and advice, brother!

chatter-jeeee .......software coders get the same education as everyone.....so pls....think twice before yapping...

and the whole point of mr.archkre bashing was....that
1. he was unnecessarily aligned towards debating illegal immigration
2. life is very unforgiving.....and we cannot sympathise with someone who did not plan his life.....we have done so much planning still we get screwed everyday.......

mr.archkre..........i am sorry if i do not remember your story.....and you belong to the unfortunate group.....who are very rare....who have the worst luck....that they go thru so much that they cannot manage to keep a pending labor application even after 5 years of H1B visa.....