Sensenbrenner

archkre said:
Please ,maybe my lawyer explained badly or made mistake, what is wrong with my reasoning?
Why ignoring a question, are you lawyers or what, i am just a technician!
Thanks
Archkre,

Go talk to your lawyer or call USCIS and talk to them. They will explain you the difference between illegal and legal immigration. Allow those who are trying to work here on behalf of legal immigration. There are number of new laws that have passed.

Under those laws if you are on H-1 visa and have your labor and I-140 approved and have passed 180 days you will get h-1 visa extention even though you have passed 6 year limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is one of those

I think he is one of those CatDog, Danp, AllHindi guy. Am I right archkre?

archkre said:
Please ,maybe my lawyer explained badly or made mistake, what is wrong with my reasoning?
Why ignoring a question, are you lawyers or what, i am just a technician!
Thanks

Excuse me, but I don't know why you are insulting me or ignoring my questions!
I had 2 periods of H1B , in the middle of the second my lawyer started paperwork for GC, posted ads in papers,etc and send papers to DOL.
I thought everything was OK, but last 9/28 my Lawyer gave me a call telling me
the rules of INS had changed and that application was not going to work, that it was at Philadelfia's DOL branch and probably would stay there many years.
Then we had to reapply whit the new rules (in the end of 2nd H1b and had to ask for an extension, which was granted for only 2 month) and my Lawyer is about to send again my papers to DOL.
That is my story, but what is irregular in this process, besides the bad luck?

archkre....somehow i feel....u r not in status...

and i think it does not matter what a congressman thinks....if is is anti-immigration...it is more important to meet him and explain the difference betn illegal immigration....and helping people already contributing to usa...

on the other hand meeting a pro-immigration congressman will help us in educating the person with all the facts about our issue....that way he will have tools to help us fight...

irregular about your case......too many things.....btw what is technician??...

i dont know what is your background, but looks like you are hardly aware of the world you live in...........how can you depend on your lawyer so much.....cant you browse the internet.....do you know how to read english??...i hope you have atleast a bachelors degree??

i have seen quite a few people who came to usa with a fake bachelors degree....with hardly any english or any skills.....and i dont expect that they will survive in the current situation.....

archkre said:
Excuse me, but I don't know why you are insulting me or ignoring my questions!
I had 2 periods of H1B , in the middle of the second my lawyer started paperwork for GC, posted ads in papers,etc and send papers to DOL.
I thought everything was OK, but last 9/28 my Lawyer gave me a call telling me
the rules of INS had changed and that application was not going to work, that it was at Philadelfia's DOL branch and probably would stay there many years.

Then we had to reapply whit the new rules (in the end of 2nd H1b and had to ask for an extension, which was granted for only 2 month) and my Lawyer is about to send again my papers to DOL.
That is my story, but what is irregular in this process, besides the bad luck?

Did you ask the lawyer what rules had changed Archkre? My friend we want to help you, but we can only help you if you describe in detail. The case CANNOT stay long in the Philadelphia office, ALL the local labor office does is check for correctness and then send it to the regional office. So u need to find where your application is stuck, local philadelphia office or regional philadelphia office and WHY it is stuck. Currently what is ur status, are you on H1b Extention or what status are you on?

I am in the extension of the second period of H1B, I am an Architect, and I don't see why people keep on offending me and not answering my questions here!

Archkre pls explain ur problem IN DETAIL. Write a whole paragraph not 2 lines pls. We cant help u if we dont know the problem.

Nozdam: this is our situation: on 1999 our first atty. filed for h1b which was approved until 11/19/02. Before that date, we filed the extension, which was granted until 11/01/05. Because for an immigration mistake, we filed an extension which was granted until 01/24/06. In the middle, my wife applied for a green card (change of status h4 for green card) and she started with the labor certification. The papers were filed at DOL on October last year, but as February of 2005 they change the system and there are new rules. So that process was sent to Philadelphia waiting for any kind of resolution. Now I' m trying to obtain the green card through my company, but because of the retrogression is like I'm out. The attorney's offices are going to file the perm with DOL sooner, and this is the complete situation. It is my understanding, that there is no way for me to obtain another extension of myb h1b, because my labor certificate is not pending for more than 180 days.
I cannot undersatnd why all the people here is insulting, and making comments without any kind of sense. Everyone in here is in the same position or at least similar, so why that kind of disrespect? Did I insulted anyone in here? Did I disrecpect at all to anyone? Please, I'm an Architect, from Argentina, I have a license also in Spain, please be sure that I spent 6 entire years, studying at the University, and I do have a legal degree which was examined in the US.
Could you tell me anything now? I'll appreciate.

have you been outside the country at all in these 6 years? You can reclaim time spent outside the country and get more time on the H1, i dunno if that is valid on the extension as well. Talk to ur lawyer and file in PERM NOW!!

Also please don't assume that we are/will beceome illegal soon. We have been following the law diligently. Despite this retrogression we will not become illegal.

Thanks! I just called the attorney's offices. And by the way I spent time outside from march 11, 2000 through july 29, 2000. What kind of request will be that? Does my current employer needs to sign any application?
Thanks for your advise.

sorry archkre....i thought you are one of the fake candidate...

but another reason i got annoyed is....how come you are so dependent on your attorney???..........and how come you did not have any plan to file labor or GC before your 6 years.......

i mean....the process is...you come on H1b and you start your Gc process atleast before 3 years......and then you try to maintain such that you can keep extending your H1B...........and all this information is available on the internet......

i am sorry dude........but if one comes on H1b and sleeps all through it without proper planning.....cant help it..., very few people have got screwed because of bad luck(one friend's company went bankrupt...and he was on 6th year with pending labor....and his skill set was not much in demand...)

Archkre ask your lawyer that, that is a good amount of time you can capture. Also even if you have a few weeks here and there in these 6 years, capture them. Talk to your lawyer abt the paperwork.

archkre...i assume you have filed your labor few months back....and i hope if you account for vacation outside usa, you can capture few months....all combined together if it becomes 180 days since your filed your labor....you can get your H1b extended....

we tried more than 2 years ago, to start with the gc, but because of the attorneys, the company, at that time refused to sign any paper for our gc. After that, we change atty and the new one applied for change of status and after all the new rules came in action on February this year.
We didn't go to sleep and forgot about the immigration situation. Here in Florida, you must have an attorney in order to succed. Besides that, the people in the company for which I work for, want to speak with an attorney, so what else we can do, call and attorney and hired him.
But also it is too difficult to reach the atty's offices, here they are GOD.
You got to leave a message in the voicemail and maybe a paralegal returns your calls 4 or 5 weeks later!
My attorney took 6 weeks to give a call to my employer!
And my attorney is considered one of the best ib South Florida!!!
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know whom you hired....but attorneys are not gods unless u make them so....its all about money....and they are available aplenty......

archkre said:
we tried more than 2 years ago, to start with the gc, but because of the attorneys, the company, at that time refused to sign any paper for our gc. After that, we change atty and the new one applied for change of status and after all the new rules came in action on February this year.
We didn't go to sleep and forgot about the immigration situation. Here in Florida, you must have an attorney in order to succed. Besides that, the people in the company for which I work for, want to speak with an attorney, so what else we can do, call and attorney and hired him.
But also it is too difficult to reach the atty's offices, here they are GOD.
You got to leave a message in the voicemail and maybe a paralegal returns your calls 4 or 5 weeks later!
My attorney took 6 weeks to give a call to my employer!
And my attorney is considered one of the best ib South Florida!!!
Thanks

I don't understand your case. your writing is too difficult to read. be clear with your dates and status. don't try to elaborate. put your story with dates, status as:
mm-dd-yyyy : came to US on H1-status
mm-dd-yyyy:applied for labor
mm-dd-yyyy: denied?pending?
........likewise.

be specific with your status, dates so that people can understand and help you.

Please see post #30, you will see the dates down there. I'm trying to be very clear and my writing, I think, is the same.

archkre said:
I cannot undersatnd why all the people here is insulting, and making comments without any kind of sense. Everyone in here is in the same position or at least similar, so why that kind of disrespect? Did I insulted anyone in here? Did I disrecpect at all to anyone?

We are a bunch of people here trying to help each other. We did not insult you. Youve been posting wrong information like H1 + retrogression = illegal immigrn.

This is totally false, with out knowing a jack about immigration and its rules, please do not make half baked comments. This is internet and some one may use it against all of us.

For the nth time, people here are LEGAL RESIDENT ALIENS who are waiting for LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENTS called a GREEN CARD.