• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Second draw: More entries maybe selected on october 22, 2012 at noon-26 days to go

win dv

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I had a gut feeling that The Department of State would have changed the date of the 2nd draw. It's may occur on the 22nd of October...LOL!!!:rolleyes:

"DV 2013 Program: Beginning on May 1, 2012 at noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), entrants from DV 2013 (those who submitted entry between October 4, 2011 and November 5, 2011) may check the status of their entry using the confirmation number through Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website. Be advised that additional DV 2013 entrants MAY be selected beginning October 22, 2012 at noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). The DV-2013 registration period was from October 4, 2011, until November 5, 2011. To view instructions for DV-2013 entrants and selectees, see Instructions for the 2013 Diversity Visa Program"

My personal opinion is that all regions may not need a 2nd draw and that is why the outcome/results will not change for the majority of us.

Soooooo 26 days to go for you guys.....All the best!!!:cool:

October 22, is just some dayz more, if another draw is really coming up for DV 2013 then I WILL surely be selected..........................JUST WAITING PATIENTLY

October 22

Hi guys,

I had a gut feeling that The Department of State would have changed the date of the 2nd draw. It's may occur on the 22nd of October...LOL!!!:rolleyes:

"DV 2013 Program: Beginning on May 1, 2012 at noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), entrants from DV 2013 (those who submitted entry between October 4, 2011 and November 5, 2011) may check the status of their entry using the confirmation number through Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website. Be advised that additional DV 2013 entrants MAY be selected beginning October 22, 2012 at noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). The DV-2013 registration period was from October 4, 2011, until November 5, 2011. To view instructions for DV-2013 entrants and selectees, see Instructions for the 2013 Diversity Visa Program"

My personal opinion is that all regions may not need a 2nd draw and that is why the outcome/results will not change for the majority of us.

Soooooo 26 days to go for you guys.....All the best!!!:cool:

It's really strange from the Department of State, in my oppinion it means does not need second raw.
This decision bring a lot of questions, for example who did not select in 1st of May will have to wait 22 nd of october to know win or not, and until will not apply for dv 2014 because will may disqualified???

it's really, really strange for me....

It's really strange from the Department of State, in my oppinion it means does not need second raw.
This decision bring a lot of questions, for example who did not select in 1st of May will have to wait 22 nd of october to know win or not, and until will not apply for dv 2014 because will may disqualified???

Where does it say that winners of DV-2013 cannot apply for DV-2014, and if they did so, they will be disqualified?:confused:

HI FRIENDS !!!

I am selected for DV2013 and waiting the 2NL. SO IS THERE A PROBLEM IN APPLYING FOR DV2014 ?

There is no reason why a person who already has been selected cannot apply again.

Q

There is no reason why a person who already has been selected cannot apply again.

Q

According to a dv lottery rules individuals musn't apply two times in a dv seasion for a green card lottery, that's why I think you will not apply until you don't know the result of second raw...
I just wanted to say don't risk, think logical, but the best if you ask them!

Best of Luck!!!

This is not quite correct. Disqualification only happens if an applicant sends in more than one entry within the same fiscal year. The application period for the 2013 fiscal year was over in 2012. It therefore has nothing to do with the application period for the 2014 fiscal year which starts on October 2nd, 2013. Anyone who is still hoping to get selected in the additional selection which may take place on October 22nd can go ahead and apply for the DV2014 if they so which. The application will not be disqualified provided they do not put in more than one application into the system and they meet all other requirements.

According to a dv lottery rules individuals musn't apply two times in a dv seasion for a green card lottery, that's why I think you will not apply until you don't know the result of second raw...

Best of Luck!!!

Best of Luck!!!

I just called KCC, and the lady said that there is no harm if a DV-2013 winner applies for DV-2014.

Best luck!

i just checked my status and here is what i got :

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. More entries will be selected in early October 2012, so please keep your confirmation information until at least that time.

i just checked my status and here is what i got :

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. More entries will be selected in early October 2012, so please keep your confirmation information until at least that time.

mine says:

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. Please note that more entries may be selected on October 1, 2012 at noon (EDT), and we encourage you to keep your confirmation information to check again at that time to see if you have been selected.

I dont know why some people get "in early october 2012" and i get october 1st, and yes, i deleted cookies, weird

It makes sense that the actual selection will take place on October 1st, but the results will be released on the 22nd due to administrative work involved (i.e sorting the entries, disqualifying duplicates etc. But I stand corrected......

Should you actually be selected in October, how long do you think people actually have to obtain their visa? It seems confusing.

Should you actually be selected in October, how long do you think people actually have to obtain their visa? It seems confusing.

I have no idea whatsoever what is going on this year. Let's wait and see, I think that is the best approach.

Best wishes!

I have no idea whatsoever what is going on this year. Let's wait and see, I think that is the best approach.

Best wishes!

hi freinds,

What is up with Ravenski ? I saw his comment long time ago. I like his comments and arguments. i hope same to every body. wish him the best and expect his comment on why the date for second selection change from oct 01 to 22.I think he is a great source person for the forum.

hi freinds,

What is up with Ravenski ? I saw his comment long time ago. I like his comments and arguments. i hope same to every body. wish him the best and expect his comment on why the date for second selection change from oct 01 to 22.I think he is a great source person for the forum.

I think your "everybody" refers to me, I got it. Let me tell you one thing, my friend! If you want to hear good and soothing comment,s than I could also make a few. But to be realistic and honest with you, I have to say that nothing is confirmed. Who would guarantee that the selection would take place in the first place. I have serious doubts whether they will select more winner, because I don't see any need for another selection. 52000 African winners, 16000 Asian winners, 32000 European winners this year. Plus some other winners from other contienents as well. Do you still think there is a need for another selection? That's why I am saying, just wait. And if you have problems waiting, then find out away of spending time on other things. I wish and pray that they do select more winners!!!

My best wishes to you!

I guess if there are any more winners for 2013, they'll have until September 30th next year like the people selected in May have until. It wouldn't make sense (to me at least) to have separate dates for the same fiscal year.

I just wish they'd be honest with us about whether there is another draw or not for 2013 though. The uncertainty is frustrating.