• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Second draw: More entries maybe selected on october 22, 2012 at noon-26 days to go

I agree, not knowing is the worst. Australians are so upfront - here, we would just call them and say "so, what's happening with the draw, is it happening or not?" lol :)

7 days to go to see the release of the hidden winners. My guess is that I do not think they will actually do another random drawing. Hence, the reason for the high number of selectees (105,628) in the history of the DV lottery. Those additional 5,000+ may represent the hidden winners which maybe released depending on how many persons continue with the process (i.e. submitting the forms etc.). They had over 5 months to determine this; thus we'll know for sure on October 22 (yay or nay).

Perhaps the cut-off numbers may increase in the upcoming months for all regions if any hidden winners are released?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh only few days and we will know the truth for sure,we will figure out how this would effect the cut off in the next months,also we will know about what CN would this called new winners would get!!!! guys keep this thread active untile next monday so we can at very least release any thoughts we got!

good luck everybody

yeh only few days and we will know the truth for sure,we will figure out how this would effect the cut off in the next months,also we will know about what CN would this called new winners would get!!!! guys keep this thread active untile next monday so we can at very least release any thoughts we got!

good luck everybody

You are definitely right about keeping the thread active. I definitely would like to be among those hidden winners. Praying for this also as it may be my day to get selected.

7 days to go to see the release of the hidden winners. My guess is that I do not think they will actually do another random drawing. Hence, the reason for the high number of selectees (105,628) in the history of the DV lottery. Those additional 5,000+ may represent the hidden winners which maybe released depending on how many persons continue with the process (i.e. submitting the forms etc.). They had over 5 months to determine this; thus we'll know for sure on October 22 (yay or nay).

Perhaps the cut-off numbers may increase in the upcoming months for all regions if any hidden winners are released?:confused:

I only say that they will select more winners, versus the hidden winners theory, because of a briefing I came across a while back. I commented on that here, in this post:

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ttery-Re-draw-Oct/page2&p=2591875#post2591875

The government official does say they'll go back and randomly select more, so that's why I say what I do. I'm not 100% convinced myself, because it is government bureaucracy and I'm rather cynical of governments but if one were to take what she says at face value, there are no hidden winners but newly selected ones.

Maybe we place too much importance on case-numbers at this early point and how high they go. Perhaps there are huge gaps in them so they are not a good indicator of progress in the queue? Perhaps lots of people don't take the next steps and pursue the GC after being selected? Perhaps many get disqualified? So I wouldn't get too discouraged by a high case number.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why they chose to drop the "October 22nd" and replace it with "early October"... Good to us all!

I wonder why they chose to drop the "October 22nd" and replace it with "early October"... Good to us all!

Seems to contradict itself though,doesn't it? Oct 22 isn't "early October" imo. More like late-October. The various pages of their websites aren't 100% perfect. I've run across a few glitches and random weird happenings over the past few months.

Hi,

What is the likelihood of more being selected from the African continent (has it already been filled-up for 2013?) in the second draw on Oct. 22? TIA

guys it's only 4 days and we will figure out what the next monday will bring to us,i m very positive and i wish good luck to everybody!

I wish you all good luck, but please relax and don't rile yourselves up. If fate decides that it's yours, you'll get it.

I called KCC, and the lady told me that there maybe another selection on 22nd October. Regarding the question of how to know whether a selection has been done or not, she said the applicants should check their entry status and they will find out about the selection if they are selected. So it means that we are at the mercy of these forums now to know whether there has been another selection or not. So please friends, report to us if you are selected on 22nd October.

My best wishes to everybody!

I called KCC, and the lady told me that there maybe another selection on 22nd October. Regarding the question of how to know whether a selection has been done or not, she said the applicants should check their entry status and they will find out about the selection if they are selected. So it means that we are at the mercy of these forums now to know whether there has been another selection or not. So please friends, report to us if you are selected on 22nd October.

My best wishes to everybody!

Then this should mean KCC is done processing our papers & the turnout was poor(If at all we're to believe it;folks,5 days to go...)

Cheers:D

I still feel, with so few applicants from Oceania, the chances of poor uptake will be low. The few who apply and get selected will most certainly have followed through.

I'm hopeful, just not as hopeful as I originally was, now that I see the reasons why they would draw again.

:(

@Obeezyb,
Please have a look at the conversation between myself and the KCC lady, and give your opinion.

October 12th, 2012

Me: Ma'am, could you please tell me why we're having such low cut-off for Asia this month, only an increase of 350 since last month, I was expecting to see something atleast above 3000 for Asia in December.

KCC lady: It depends on the visa availability.

Me: Ok.

KCC lady: The current numbers that was last month, we didn't have all their documents, so we just kinda (processed)(posted)(posponed) other cases, and we scheduled them into interview since all their documents are fully processed.

Me: Ma'am is there any chance that we see significant increases for Asia's cut-off with the passage of time, in the upcoming months?

KCC lady: Yes, it varies from month to month, next month they could go upto 10000, or just the same number. So it varies every month.

The red part indicated words which I couldn't really pick up due to distortion in the line. I also missed a few sentences as well. I hope I have given enough information for you to get an idea from.

Best of luck!

@Obeezyb,
Please have a look at the conversation between myself and the KCC lady, and give your opinion.

October 12th, 2012

Me: Ma'am, could you please tell me why we're having such low cut-off for Asia this month, only an increase of 350 since last month, I was expecting to see something atleast above 3000 for Asia in December.

Me: Ok.

KCC lady: The current numbers that was last month, we didn't have all their documents, so we just kinda (processed)(posted)(posponed) other cases, and we scheduled them into interview since all their documents are fully processed.

Me: Ma'am is there any chance that we see significant increases for Asia's cut-off with the passage of time, in the upcoming months?

KCC lady: Yes, it varies from month to month, next month they could go upto 10000, or just the same number. So it varies every month.

The red part indicated words which I couldn't really pick up due to distortion in the line. I also missed a few sentences as well. I hope I have given enough information for you to get an idea from.

Best of luck!

This statement is generic;from my understanding,,this implies that visas have been pre-allocated regionwise thus the AS region is perhaps having a low share due to having less winners.(So far,we have 50k visas minus the ones already allocated to successful interviewees thus the visa availability statement doesn't quite fit yet.)

From this statement,I gather that the turnout has been poor since she states "we didn't have all their documents".

so we just kinda (processed)(posted)(posponed)other cases, and we scheduled them into interview since all their documents are fully processed. [/COLOR]
This statement "so we just kinda" does raise some question marks.

so we just kinda(processed)other cases, and we scheduled them into interview since all their documents are fully processed.
Processed other cases would imply duly filled forms(cases) were scheduled for an interview ..which is ok.

so we just kinda(posted) other cases, and we scheduled them into interview since all their documents are fully processed.
Posted other cases would imply duly filled forms were scheduled for an interview ..which is ok.

so we just kinda(postponed)other cases, and we scheduled them into interview since all their documents are fully processed.
Postponed which other cases other than those who had submitted duly filled forms?This could be due to irregularities on the submitted forms..but then again,what are they postponing,the visa number availability or the interview date?It could also mean that we have people who are current but do not know of their selectee status.

In summary,this is PR.

Point to ponder

~37% of the AS selectees are from Iran. Most are interviewed in Ankara. According to the US embassy site in Ankara, AS entries are being interviewed starting November 1st, among them AS001.

So maybe this causes a ~1 month delay?...

Don't know what was the situation last year though.

After my further checking, total 1,807 winners from Turkey, and only 31 EU case number handled at November, how come it can handle all 1,807 winners?

For Asia, only 106 case number handled at November

106 spreading evenly from CN 1 to 927. October cutoffs are 1900 so it seems that they are in a delay...
They mention somewhere in the site (can't find out the right now) that _all_ Iranians must pass security background check so maybe this causes the delay.

By the way, CN 927 is ~525 selectees. 106 (Iranians?) out of 525 is ~20%

Since there are ~37.5% selectees from Iran, ~90 are missing... either did not return their forms yet or have interview somewhere else.

mdawoodm

Thanks mdawoodm to share the conversitaion with tke KCC's lady, is still strange for me 'cause last month I have seen a simillar story in this forum so I belive when I see the next month's numbers.

Let me tell you a story, there is a hungarian guy who has a EU63XX case number and still do not has an interview appointment despite the EUROPE numbers according to visa bulletin 9 250, strange is'nt is????

So I have no idea what should I have to think, I hope we will soon in the United States:)