Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Had my interview today, passed. Oath next week on March 5th.

Reached the Tukwila office at 1:45pm for my 2pm interview, there was huge crowd as they had a Oath ceremony, I was bit worried that I will be delayed, but they did gave priority for people with letters, was asked to goto 2nd floor for interview.

There was two big waiting area on either side of stairs, can wait both side. The interviewers keep popping through door on either side, so you have to pay attention and listen to calls. I was expecting long wait, but within 10 mins was called in.

First was swearing that I will tell the truth. The officier went through my N-400, asked my name, address, went through questions on the N400, asking me details. I mentioned my traffic violation, she asked about it (as it says citation), mentioned it is a traffic ticket, she asked about arrest history, affiliations, looked at my birth certificate copy, my middle name, last name. She asked if I have passport copy, luckily I had taken copy of first & last page, provided to her. Once all these checked out went to interview questions.

Questions she asked were 1) what are the colors of flag 2) Who was the president during civil war 3) What year the constitution was written 4) Who is the current president 5) Who takes over if presidency if president & vice president cannot perform their job 6) Who is the first president of US (forgot couple of questions, but they were all simple).
Then she asked me to read an english statement written on a paper, asked me to write a sentence.

Then she said I passed, congratulated me. I thanked her, checked to make sure my name, DOB, address are correct in her printed sheet. Asked me to print name in a sheet in 3 places, asked me to sign 3 photos (that was sent with N400 app). Then she said my oath is on March 5th, Thu, I was very surprised and happy that it is only one more week.

The whole thing took 20 mins and I was out. I had tax transcripts, selective services letter and many more docs, but none was asked for. It was pleasantly a breeze.

Good luck to rest of you all, things seem to be moving faster now.

my timeline..thinking of walk-in for my FP this week. any other folks with walk-in experience to share? thanks much!...

-----------------------------------------------------------
D/O : Seattle
02/10/09 : N-400 Mailed To Phoenix (street address) by overnight
02/11/09 : N-400 Received (According to FedEx)
02/11/09 : Priority Date
02/18/09 : Cheque Cashed
02/21/09 : I-797C, Notice of Action Received
02/26/09 : Notice Date - Fingerprint Notification
03/02/09 : Received FP Notice
03/23/09 : FP Appt (But planning to walk in this week)

my timeline..thinking of walk-in for my FP this week. any other folks with walk-in experience to share? thanks much!...

Some reported successful walk-ins, while the other reported being turned back. It depends on the crowd density and whether the reception desk is "in mood".

I did not have any issues getting fingerprinted early. My experience is listed a few pages back in this thread. Good Luck!

-Rafiq

I do believe things are being processed more quickly in Seattle. I see that Andy99 and Mr Vertigo had their oath cememonies today - congratulations.

09/27/08 N-400 mailed
09/29/08 Priority date
03/10/08 Check cashed
11/07/08 FP date
03/10/09 Interview date

Oath completed. Went to Tukwila center at 2pm, the oath, short clips, doc check all took 90 mins. Now on to apply for passport.
Good luck to you all. :D

Oath completed. Went to Tukwila center at 2pm, the oath, short clips, doc check all took 90 mins. Now on to apply for passport.
Good luck to you all. :D

I took mine one day before you, I dont think the whole prosses took that long, but it was a pleasant one none the less.:D

Had my interview in Tukwilla today. I took all the information asked for in the yellow notice but didn't have to show anything except my green card and ID. Whole thing took about 10 minutes.
Oath ceremont next Tuesday!

09/27/08 N-400 mailed
09/29/08 Priority date
03/10/08 Check cashed
11/07/08 FP date
03/10/09 Interview date
03/17/09 Oath Ceremony

Congrats to Joxer for a successful interview and to those who have taken the Oath.
I am now using Firefox instead of Explorer and have kept Jelly213's excel file up to date but was never able to upload it using Explorer. I see I am able to with Firefox. So, here it is. It is a pity I didn't realize this sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Fingerprint done 3/3/09 and surprisingly received the interview letter today dated on 3/11/09 scheduling me for interview at 5/5/09.

May I assume that my fingerprint and name check is cleared, or it's still on-going?

D/O: Seattle
PD: 1/2/09
FP Letter Received: 2/2/09
FP Date: 3/3/09
Interview Letter: 3/11/09
Interview Date scheduled: 5/5/09

Spreadsheet update

Welcome SweetSmileSmile to the thread. I have updated your particulars and you may submit other info such as when you received your notice of action, when you received your interview letter, and when you originally mailed your application.

Thanks!
Rafiq

I won my case (n-336)

I WON , I GOT IT , I received my Oath ceremony today 03/16/09. WOW :D

I am scheduled for Oath Ceremony on the 22nd of April 2009. WOW :p

I overturned the immigration denial. During the hearing interview, the immigration supervisor agreed with me about the 3 years statutory period…. He said that the first denial decision was a mistake because I don’t fit the 5 years statutory period. :D

God bless everybody on this forum. ;)

Special thanks go to Bobsmyth. He told me about the immigration mistake. And he encouraged me to appeal (God bless you). Without his discovery I might be ending waiting another 5 years. :)

Also special thanks go to WBH, lotechguy, rick92, choppy, hoping in 2009 and all the others, for their support and comments. :cool:

God Bless you all

Thanks. :D

Hey all, new here ( well, not really,, but in terms of citizenship I am). I have couple of questions:
1. I am applied for the N400 1.5 months prior to the 5 year anniversary ( May 2009) and I was oversease for a total of 41 days in between. How does that work in terms of application approvals.. Will the processing or approval be delayed for 41 days?
2. What is the average duration in Seattle area end to end? just curious
3. Some of you are mentioning about the Fingerprint on walk-in basis,, does that mean you did the FP before your scheduled date?

Thanks in Advance..

Last edited by a moderator: