Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Got an update on my case. The officer said they've mailed the "fingerprint" notice on December 10th, 2007. ... and I've never received it :(

She also mentioned something about 87 days... if you do not reply back within 87 days your case may be DENIED. It's been much more than 87 days and I wonder..

Anyways, her supervisor is trying to contact Nebraska to re-schedule the FP appt.

Anybody heard of 87 day bs?

Dmitri

87 days? I believe your case gets put on a hold status after 90 days if you don't respond and if you fail to respond after 1 year it gets closed.

Got my IL

N400 Sent : 2007/08/30
PD : 2007/10/30
NOA : 2007/11/15
FP Notice : 2007/11/23
FP 2nd Notice : 2008/1/18 [FP delayed for being out of country]
FP : 2008/02/08
IL : 2008/07/18
ID : 2008/09/16

I have been scheduled for finger printing for Aug 19. Can I just show up tomorrow at the International's office & have it done or should I wait till the 19???

I have 2 questions for those of you who have received your interview notices.

1. Was your case status online "touched" after you had your biometrices in SEATTLE done?

2. Was your case status online "touched" before you got your interview notice, or did it just show up one day?

Thanks a lot.
Lumpy

Hi All,

I have been slow to update my spreadsheet but here it is with the fresh data helpfully posted by several of you, as well as additional info from VJ. Incidentally, the organization of the VJ boards leaves much to be desired for our purposes, so I may miss relevant timelines from there. Those of you who frequent the site should feel free to either cross post Seattle naturalization timelines that I have missed or otherwise call my attention to them. No new Seattleites on Immihelp.com

acharmer: Thanks for the passport application story and clarification. It adds a lot of "color" to our understanding of the expedited process.

nsamoa15: Talofa! I have added your timeline to the spreadsheet and it has given me particular hope since your PD is more or less exactly one month ahead of mine. Maybe next month will bring my IL. I live in hope :)

Rafiq: Glad to see that you found this site and thread before your N-400 application. You will find a lot of helpful people here as you go through the process. With a bit of luck it will be faster for you than it has been for many of us. Keep us posted as your timeline develops.

Popeyesailor: Happy to hear of the IL received. Let's have the exact ID (and actually your exect PD, too) since that allows a proper daycount for you. Thanks in advance.

Seattlerus: Good job on chasing the USCIS and good job on querying the IO's statement here. I am sure Bobsmyth is right. At any rate, *87* days makes no sense whatsoever and is clearly wrong. Best of luck getting the application back on track and keep us posted.

adum07: Congrats on that IL and thanks for posting the update. With a late October '07 PD, your data confirms that Seattle DO is making real progress and nsamoa15's timeline is not a fluke.

truckensafely: I have seen posts about people doing walk-ins for FP but have no idea whether it really works. If you try it, let us know your experience - and let's have your timeline, too :)

Lumpy115: By and large I wouldn't put too much weight on the online case status system. My case has never shown up online and I know of others who were in that position right through their OD. Obviously it is reassuring if a touch is registered but if not, I don't think it is cause for panic. Anyone else have views on this?

General points: I had hoped to see updates from a handful of others (Senga, HomerSimp, Chuang2830 and wife, and anibala2001) since we seem to be up to late November PDs. If any of you guys see this, let us know whether you received your IL or not.

One final point: N-400 processing stats for June were released a day or two ago. On a national basis, the backlog is shrinking and by my estimate in June they decided 5400 cases per working day, which is a new record high. On the flipside, as both nsamoa15's and adum07's timelines confirm, the gap from IL to ID remains unusually wide at two months. Let's hope for some speeding up there too.

--J--

case status online

I called the National Customer Service number last Friday because I wanted to inquire the status of my case. From the time I submitted my N-400, my case status never appeared online (it says receipt number is not in the system). The customer service rep can't find my file either so she transferred me to their next level of support. I was able to talk to an immigration officer and he told me that my FBI check was already done and I am on the queue for interview since May 19, 2008! He told me to just be patient and not to worry about the case status not appearing online.

IL: ????

Guys & Gals,

You'll recall this ... "the most important right granted to US citizens is the right to vote".

With the elections this month & later this year, remember that post Naturalization, run over to http://www.metrokc.gov/elections/voterregistration/voterregistrationforms/MI-VRCard.pdf and mail in your / your families' completed voter registrations immediately.

For those who've completed N400... this step will ensure you're on the voter lists & if you've not recd the voter regn forms in mail by now, this is probably why. SSN record changes (post Nat) do NOT necessarily mean you get on voter records.

For those who're still in N400 in some form & find this an unusual post in this thread, believe in the outcome & stay strong .... this ONE CITIZENSHIP RIGHT outcome alone should motivate you to stay in there & 'GET 'R DONE'. YOU can make a difference soon.

My case status showed up online a week after they cashed the check.:)

Deos anybody know what the FP office hours on Saturday is??:D

I have 2 questions for those of you who have received your interview notices.

1. Was your case status online "touched" after you had your biometrices in SEATTLE done?

2. Was your case status online "touched" before you got your interview notice, or did it just show up one day?

Thanks a lot.
Lumpy

Thanks for the timeline, truckensafely. I'll add it to the next edition of the spreadsheet. I thought the USCIS website would have the opening hours for the Seattle Field Office but no dice. Did a couple of Google searches, too, and came up with nothing so can't help you with your question. Sorry.

For general information, I thought I'd try diktus's approach to establishing my case status, since it has never showed up online. My experience was not as good as diktus's but in the end it was OK.

First off, I ended up in "automated-menu-hell" with no possible way of getting a person on the line - twice! I forget the exact menu numbers I pressed but they were the logical ones for finding out my case status. I thus called the NCS number a third time and tried a different set of menu options (the ones for reporting a change of address) that in the end got me to a first-level support person who was polite, helpful and competent. I explained the situation to him: when checking my case status online, I have consistently got a message to the effect that the case status retrieval failed and my case number cannot be found in the system at this time. He checked his own system and confirmed that he could not find it either and that his instructions for this situation were to transfer the call to a second-level support person. So far, so good.

The second-level support person picked up a few seconds later but seemed harried and just not very friendly. She also spoke - apologies in advance for this: no other nice way to put it - the deepest pure ebonics I have ever heard and even for a near-native North-American English speaker like me, she was a little hard to understand. She barely listened to my brief explanation of the problem before saying that N-400 applications were not registered on the online system and wanted to end the call right there. Given the number of people on this thread who seem to be able to check their application status online, her answer was clearly BS. I managed to gently suggest that perhaps she could check my case status for me since I knew of someone that had had that done last week. She proceeded to do that and confirmed that I had cleared the various checks and was in the line for an ID. :) Again, she was trying to get me off the call by the tone of her voice but I pressed my luck and asked whether she could tell me the date I had "got in line". She effectively said no, and when I politely asked the same question in a different way, citing diktus's experience, she basically said no again. At this point, I decided that I had got the principal information I was after and that it was not worth the evident hassle of pressing on, so I thanked her and signed off.

So, the lessons of this for all of us are

1. The online case status system clearly has deficiencies, so don't panic if your case does not show up on it, or if you don't see touches.

2. It is possible to confirm one's case status via the USCIS NCS 800 number but beware the automated menu system. Following the logical sequence to check one's case status got me nowhere. Pressing a lot of zeros, which is often a good way to get a person on the line, did not work either. However, using the menu options for an address change seems to do the trick.

Good luck out there!

--J--

Thanks Jelly!!

Thanks for the great work you are doing and the warm welcome! I've been a member since 2002. Hehehehe

Rafiq

PS: 84 days until I file N-400

Thanks for trying jelly213:) guess have to show up on Tues for the scheduled FP date.:rolleyes:

So why is your case taking this long??:confused::eek:

Thanks for the timeline, truckensafely. I'll add it to the next edition of the spreadsheet. I thought the USCIS website would have the opening hours for the Seattle Field Office but no dice. Did a couple of Google searches, too, and came up with nothing so can't help you with your question. Sorry.

For general information, I thought I'd try diktus's approach to establishing my case status, since it has never showed up online. My experience was not as good as diktus's but in the end it was OK.

First off, I ended up in "automated-menu-hell" with no possible way of getting a person on the line - twice! I forget the exact menu numbers I pressed but they were the logical ones for finding out my case status. I thus called the NCS number a third time and tried a different set of menu options (the ones for reporting a change of address) that in the end got me to a first-level support person who was polite, helpful and competent. I explained the situation to him: when checking my case status online, I have consistently got a message to the effect that the case status retrieval failed and my case number cannot be found in the system at this time. He checked his own system and confirmed that he could not find it either and that his instructions for this situation were to transfer the call to a second-level support person. So far, so good.

The second-level support person picked up a few seconds later but seemed harried and just not very friendly. She also spoke - apologies in advance for this: no other nice way to put it - the deepest pure ebonics I have ever heard and even for a near-native North-American English speaker like me, she was a little hard to understand. She barely listened to my brief explanation of the problem before saying that N-400 applications were not registered on the online system and wanted to end the call right there. Given the number of people on this thread who seem to be able to check their application status online, her answer was clearly BS. I managed to gently suggest that perhaps she could check my case status for me since I knew of someone that had had that done last week. She proceeded to do that and confirmed that I had cleared the various checks and was in the line for an ID. :) Again, she was trying to get me off the call by the tone of her voice but I pressed my luck and asked whether she could tell me the date I had "got in line". She effectively said no, and when I politely asked the same question in a different way, citing diktus's experience, she basically said no again. At this point, I decided that I had got the principal information I was after and that it was not worth the evident hassle of pressing on, so I thanked her and signed off.

So, the lessons of this for all of us are

1. The online case status system clearly has deficiencies, so don't panic if your case does not show up on it, or if you don't see touches.

2. It is possible to confirm one's case status via the USCIS NCS 800 number but beware the automated menu system. Following the logical sequence to check one's case status got me nowhere. Pressing a lot of zeros, which is often a good way to get a person on the line, did not work either. However, using the menu options for an address change seems to do the trick.

Good luck out there!

--J--

Trucken: my case seems to be tracking those of others with similar Seattle PDs, so I guess the reason is the same as for everyone else: the huge bulge in applications from mid-2007 which overwhelmed the processing capacity of the USCIS.

The processing speed is clearly picking up nationally and the backlog is reducing, so with a bit of luck you will have a faster path than many of the rest of us have had.:)

--J--

I'm a new member, and wanted to add my details to your spreadsheet.

7/26/08 : N-400 Mailed
7/28/08 : Recieved at NSC
7/29/08 : Check Cashed
7/28/08 : Priority Date
8/08/08 : FP Notice Received
9/4/08 : FP Scheduled

I registered with the USCIS website (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp) and was expecting to get email notifications as my case progressed through the various hoops but my case status hasn't been updated online yet to reflect my scheduled fingerprinting in Seattle. Maybe they only update it every week or so?

In any case, thanks for doing the spreadsheet - it's made the process of gaining citizenship way more understandable :)

Had my interview yesterday and thought I'd update my information for your tracking purposes :

Sent off N400 - October 5th, 2007
Priority Date - October 9th, 2007
Biometrics - January 3rd, 2008
Interview letter received - June 20th, 2008
Interview scheduled for August 25th, 2008
Oath ceremony scheduled for September 8th, 2008

I guess we are now into the "20s" of the month when ILs seem to arrive, so am looking forward to positive news from many of you. I will post an updated version of my spreadsheet after we get through the "IL receipt period."

Meanwhile, welcome to penchant7 and thanks for the timeline. The online case system does not work well, so don't worry too much if nothing shows up in it. My case has never shown and as mentioned in a recent post I know of other cases that never showed up online right through OD. If your case remains MIA and you want to make sure the powers-that-be are actually working on it, follow diktus's excellent example and call the NCS 800-number. (See posts #527, #530 and #531 above). Thanks to Vorpal for supplying the magic sequence of prompts that will get a live agent on the line. On a side note, I would be interested to know how your experience with email notification goes. Please keep the board posted on developments there.

Congratulations to 2loud4u on passing the interview. Well done. And thanks for taking the time to update us with the OD. What is interesting about that is that there is now apparently a two week gap between the ID and the OD. In Seattle, that had been one week only for a long time. Maybe it is just because of Labor Day?

On that note, a happy Labor Day to all.

--J--

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well throw my information into the mix too, for the spreadsheet.

(all dates in 2008.. so far)

N-400 mailed 7/23
PD 7/28
NOA 8/5
FP notice 8/11
FP 8/26

Hello Everyone,
I am stuck in NC limbo since may/2006!I tried everything (sentaro/First lady,CIS OM....,)everything,NOTHING WORKED!!!!!
It is really frustrating,i feel like i have no right ,especially when they give you an embrassion "DONT ASK "policy which is used in third world countries.

My question is :am i the only one in this forum since 05/2006,or there is another cases??

thanks a lot.

N400 recived:05/12
FP done :06/20/2006
IL:????????????

Hello Everyone,
I am stuck in NC limbo since may/2006!I tried everything (sentaro/First lady,CIS OM....,)everything,NOTHING WORKED!!!!!
It is really frustrating,i feel like i have no right ,especially when they give you an embrassion "DONT ASK "policy which is used in third world countries.

My question is :am i the only one in this forum since 05/2006,or there is another cases??

thanks a lot.

N400 recived:05/12
FP done :06/20/2006
IL:????????????

Have you heard anything at all recently? Consider filing lawsuit at this if all other efforts have failed.