Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Congrats Rafique.. Thanks for the desc. Well, its over for you finally. Out of curiosity, was it a judge that was doing the ceremony or by the officials? In other words, do you know whether the name change cases with you as well?

It was done by the Director in Seattle.

Hi Guys,

Joining back. I had to withdraw my n-400 application on my interview day (11-20-2008), since i applied little early.

In 10 more days, I am sending my application again. My question is, Do I have to mention that I already applied last year, in my cover letter? Which is a better thing, to mention or not to mention?

This forum was very useful and Kudos to all the members for all the help.

Hi Guys,

Joining back. I had to withdraw my n-400 application on my interview day (11-20-2008), since i applied little early.

In 10 more days, I am sending my application again. My question is, Do I have to mention that I already applied last year, in my cover letter? Which is a better thing, to mention or not to mention?

This forum was very useful and Kudos to all the members for all the help.

Welcome back, Sea2India! I will update the file when you are ready to file! Again, welcome back!

Rafiq

Update...Got my IL today....

-----------------------------------------------------------
D/O : Seattle
02/10/09 : N-400 Mailed To Phoenix (street address) by overnight
02/11/09 : N-400 Received (According to FedEx)
02/11/09 : Priority Date
02/18/09 : Cheque Cashed
02/21/09 : I-797C, Notice of Action Received
02/26/09 : Notice Date - Fingerprint Notification
03/02/09 : Received FP Notice
03/23/09 : FP Appt Scheduled & Done ~
04/06/09 : Yellow CFR Notice Dated 04/01/09 Received (Doc Checklist).
04/17/09 : Interview Letter Dated 04/14/09 Received
06/22/09 : Interview Date
xx/xx/09 : Oath

Updated File

Thanks Yoghurt for your update. It does look like the Seattle DO is processing applications faster than before. Congrats to those who have applied as you will likely be naturalized sooner than Joxer and myself!

I tried to update the second sheet of the file but the USCIS website has the wrong PDF so we may have wait until next month to see if N-400 applications had decreased.

In the next update, I am considering some housecleaning by removing Oooon and Rand09 as we have not heard from them in a long while and I imagine they are now citizens.

Rafiq

I received my passport in the post today 4 weeks 4 days after applying for it. I was, as I'm sure most people are, a little apprehensive about submitting the original naturalization certificate, but that too came in the post today in a separate envelope.
I do believe things are speeding up in Seattle!

Just back from Interview

I was just back my interview, it was pretty fast, about 15 minutes. Was only asked for passport, green card and driver license.

The only bad thing is that I got the oath ceremony scheduled on July 4th ~~~ I would rather it be next week!

I was just back my interview, it was pretty fast, about 15 minutes. Was only asked for passport, green card and driver license.

The only bad thing is that I got the oath ceremony scheduled on July 4th ~~~ I would rather it be next week!

Congrats SweetSmile... 4th July? Wow,, thats a good 2 months away. Did you have a name change?

Update

Hi all,

Congrats SweetSmileSmile and I am a bit envious of you because the 4 of July ceremony is spectacular.

I see SunnyJ is moving along. Maybe you'll be at the 4th ceremony too!

I have removed Oooon and Rand09 like I promised.

As for myself, I have my passport and Natz Cert. back and I am waiting for the passport card. I have registered to vote as well. You register online at the Washington State website. I will eventually get over to the SSA and change my status with them.

Rafiq

No name change

No I don't have name change or anything.
Actually I requested if there was an earlier Oath date, she said no and said that everybody get interview from now will be scheduled on July 4th!

Hope you can make it too!

Congrats SweetSmile... 4th July? Wow,, thats a good 2 months away. Did you have a name change?

Thank you for the info

I will remember to go to SSA to change status and apply for passport after I get my naturalization certificate in 2 months!

I know July 4th is a big ceremony but just hesitate to fight with the crowds :)

Hi all,

Congrats SweetSmileSmile and I am a bit envious of you because the 4 of July ceremony is spectacular.

I see SunnyJ is moving along. Maybe you'll be at the 4th ceremony too!

I have removed Oooon and Rand09 like I promised.

As for myself, I have my passport and Natz Cert. back and I am waiting for the passport card. I have registered to vote as well. You register online at the Washington State website. I will eventually get over to the SSA and change my status with them.

Rafiq

Delayed FP

I filed my application in mid march and It is May and I am still waiting for my FP notice. Is Seattle slowing down....I see most people recieving their FP notice within a month...

I filed my application in mid march and It is May and I am still waiting for my FP notice. Is Seattle slowing down....I see most people recieving their FP notice within a month...

Hi Lively! I do not think it is slowing down. May we have your info so that we may add it to the excel file that we upload every so often?

Thanks,
Rafiq

Lively: I think there must be something missing... because, it usually takes about 3 weeks, I filed in March 20th and my FP was done 05/05 ( and I thought that was late). If I were you, I would check it out with DHS to find out whether the FP notice got lost in the mail or not...

I sent my N-400 on Apr 24th, received on 27th. But my check is still not cashed yet. I know it might take a little bit more time to check, if I met my criteria under VAWA, which is only in local Seattle office. I hope everything is ok.

Seattle
Applying this time under VAWA
Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - ????
FP-???
IL- ???
ID- ???

I sent my N-400 on Apr 24th, received on 27th. But my check is still not cashed yet. I know it might take a little bit more time to check, if I met my criteria under VAWA, which is only in local Seattle office. I hope everything is ok.

Seattle
Applying this time under VAWA
Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - ????
FP-???
IL- ???
ID- ???

if you applied under SEC 319(A) of the INA they might have to request your file and verify if you are eligible before they cash your check.

No FP

Lively: I think there must be something missing... because, it usually takes about 3 weeks, I filed in March 20th and my FP was done 05/05 ( and I thought that was late). If I were you, I would check it out with DHS to find out whether the FP notice got lost in the mail or not...

I called DHS and got the standard answer that wait untill further notice and no FP has notice has been sent yet.

My timeline

Here is my timeline so far..

03/23/2009: mailed N-400 (Regular Mail):)
03/26/2009: Received by NBC:)
04/03/2009: Check Cashed:)
03/26/2009: Priority Date:)
04/03/2009: Notice Date:)
04/08/2009: NOA received :)
??/??/20?? : Fingerprint Notice :confused:
??/??/20?? : FP taken
??/??/20?? : Interview letter
??/??/20?? : Interview Date
??/??/20?? : Oath

Update

Welcome Lively and welcome back Sea2India!!

I have updated your information and have updated the monthly USCIS info. That USCIS website seems to run by a careless individual as I found March's info under a file labelled "Novemebr 2006". Go figure.

-Rafiq

Last edited by a moderator: