Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

FP done

My appt at 10am, went by 9.45am, waited 25min and my FP are done in exactly 5min. They did not take my pic, I wondered if there is anything wrong. I saw occasional message on screen, 'matched fingerprint'. But I noticed they checked only 10 prints box (in the appl), the other box is 10prints+biometrics- I guess this is for Green Card people.

One question. Are N-400 FP done in 5min for u guys too and no picture taken?

Seattle
Applying this time under VAWA
Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - 5/13/2009
1st NOA- 5/18/2009
PD Date- 4/27/09
FP notice - 5/22/09
FP-6/10/09 DONE
IL- ???
ID- ???

I dont think they take pictures for the Citizenship applicants.. I didnt have to take a picture either during my FP at Seattle.

Are children allowed during finger printing

My school age child will be out of school on 23rd June when my husband and I go for fingerprinting.. Wondering if there would be a problem if we take her with us.

My notice clearly states at the bottom that "Due to limited seating in our lobby areas, only persons who are necessary to assist with transportation or completing the fingerprint worksheet should accompany you".

My school age child will be out of school on 23rd June when my husband and I go for fingerprinting.. Wondering if there would be a problem if we take her with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Seattle DO is pretty big,, you can take the kid without any problem. But once you are inside the area where they take the Fingerprint, it maybe a problem if he/she is not that type who would sit still. Its a smaller room. And besides, its Seattle,, pretty laxed :)

Kids are ok, I think

When I was there on June 10th, I saw 3 kids inside FP room. One couple brought two kids, one woman brought one kid. So that gave me a feeling that taking kids, is ok.

Is passport required for FP

Can you pls. tell me what documents are required for FP?

Is Green card is sufficient?

Passport requried? did they see your passport

Seattle DO

Ramesh

My appt at 10am, went by 9.45am, waited 25min and my FP are done in exactly 5min. They did not take my pic, I wondered if there is anything wrong. I saw occasional message on screen, 'matched fingerprint'. But I noticed they checked only 10 prints box (in the appl), the other box is 10prints+biometrics- I guess this is for Green Card people.

One question. Are N-400 FP done in 5min for u guys too and no picture taken?

Seattle
Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - 5/13/2009
1st NOA- 5/18/2009
PD Date- 4/27/09
FP notice - 5/22/09
FP-6/10/09 DONE
IL- ???
ID- ???

Hi

It seems as per the details in your posting you already got interview scheduled. May I know after you complete your FP, in how many days you received interview letter?

Also when you received interview letter, how many days of advace notification they provided ( meaning date you recevied interview letter and the date of interview)

I am planning to go on vacation to India and wants to see when I can expect my interview letter. I am going for FP on 6/22

Thanks,

It seems as per the details in your posting you already got interview scheduled. May I know after you complete your FP, in how many days you received interview letter?

Also when you received interview letter, how many days of advace notification they provided ( meaning date you recevied interview letter and the date of interview)

I am planning to go on vacation to India and wants to see when I can expect my interview letter. I am going for FP on 6/22

Thanks,

The Seattle DO is pretty big,, you can take the kid without any problem. But once you are inside the area where they take the Fingerprint, it maybe a problem if he/she is not that type who would sit still. Its a smaller room. And besides, its Seattle,, pretty laxed :)

Thanks,

You can check from my signature line.. basically, it takes about 2 weeks to get the interview letter after the Fingerprint. And the lead time is about 1.5 months after the interview letter. However, it may vary case to case.. I didnt have any other issues than being a F1 student and status changes from F1 to H1 to LPR.

Green Card is enough for FP

Nothing else is required.

The timeline for IL seems to be according to SunnyJ calculations. I am on vacation all JULY, assuming my Interview will be afterwards.

According to current calculations, I should get IL between June 25- July1st.

ID may be in Mid of August or end of August.

Lets see.

fl485_transfer: Please let us know your time line.

Seattle
Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - 5/13/2009
1st NOA- 5/18/2009
PD Date- 4/27/09
FP notice - 5/22/09
FP-6/10/09 DONE
IL- ??? (Expected June 25- July 1)
ID- ??? (Expected Aug 25- Sep 1)

Applied for N-400

Hi,

Please add me in your list for June Filers

Sent- Jun 8, 2009
Received- Jun 9, 2009
check cashed - Jun 12,2009
1st NOA- June 11, 2009 (Received on June 16)
PD Date- June 9, 2009
FP notice - ??
FP- ??
IL- ???
ID- ???

May Filers - Seattle DO

Here are my details

DO Office: Seattle, WA
N400 Sent: 05/14/2009
Priority Date: 05/18/2009
FP Notice Date :06/02/2009
FP Date :06/22/2009
CFR Date : ??
Interview Date: ??
Oath Date: ??

Thanks for your quick response

Nothing else is required.

The timeline for IL seems to be according to SunnyJ calculations. I am on vacation all JULY, assuming my Interview will be afterwards.

According to current calculations, I should get IL between June 25- July1st.

ID may be in Mid of August or end of August.

Lets see.

fl485_transfer: Please let us know your time line.

Seattle
Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - 5/13/2009
1st NOA- 5/18/2009
PD Date- 4/27/09
FP notice - 5/22/09
FP-6/10/09 DONE
IL- ??? (Expected June 25- July 1)
ID- ??? (Expected Aug 25- Sep 1)

I have interview (ID) scheduled for July 15. I need to attend that day an important family event out of state. Does anyone here has experience with asking to POSTPONE interview:

a. when will my re-scheduled interview will likely be (one? two month?)
b. could the fact that I delayed work against me in the interview itself?

thanks .

hey peeps...an update...Interview Passed Today. ..it was really breeze for me. it took all of 10 mins. the guy basically went through my form. i had two citations that were disposed that i had declared back from the past..., one for speeding and one for expired tabs. he glanced at the details/docket i had obtained from king county courthouse downtown but thats about it. he also glanced at my passport through the pages and asked me if my trips were personal or business (they were all personal). i had listed about 13 trips with over 500+ days out in the last 5 yrs.

the thing to keep in mind with king county courthouse for old citations, they take 24 hrs to pull it out of archive. and then you get a 24 hr window to go to the courthouse and get a print out for which they charge 25c a page. i was told in my yellow CFR notice to bring details of these.

good luck ya'll.

-----------------------------------------------------------
D/O : Seattle
02/10/09 : N-400 Mailed To Phoenix (street address) by overnight
02/11/09 : N-400 Received (According to FedEx)
02/11/09 : Priority Date
02/18/09 : Cheque Cashed
02/21/09 : I-797C, Notice of Action Received
02/26/09 : Notice Date - Fingerprint Notification
03/02/09 : Received FP Notice
03/23/09 : FP Appt Scheduled & Done ~
04/06/09 : Yellow CFR Notice Dated 04/01/09 Received (Doc Checklist).
04/17/09 : Interview Letter Dated 04/14/09 Received
06/22/09 : Interview Date/Done
06/29/09 : Oath/ 2pm

Welcome Dell27! We will gladly put that in our spreadsheet. May we have other dates such as when you sent in the N-400, your priority date, check cashed date?

Thanks!
-Rafiq
Was interviewed yesterday..IO was so nice and kind..i had a misdemeanor back in Aug 2003 .case was dropped or dismissed..but had no evidences yesterday coz i i thought it would be out of statutory period (5 yrs)..so to make story short. passed the exams and all..but then IO gave me a letter that specify missing evidence and requestin for court disposition and police records..so i went home down and dissapointed..:(

Today went to King county records unit and court records unit and also to Superior court dept..they all could'nt find my records:confused:..so they ended giving me some kind of letter or paper that says no records found,hoping this would satisfy their requested evidences, and also went to Seattle police office to request another records but they just copy my form n42 and the requested paperwork and supervisor will send the results itself to Seattle CIS..

Tommorow i will send it(all the papers i got from king county) by mail..and i hope and i pray this would satisfy them..ill keep posted..

what do u guys think? do i need an attorney for this situation? and also do you guys know any experience Lawyer or this forum recommend for Seattle by experiences..

Any input or 2 cents advice will be appreciate..thanks:confused: