Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Amit did you get your finger print done yet ? we applied on the same date and I have not received my fp notice yet..

wanzi timeline update please

Welcome Lively and welcome back Sea2India!!

I have updated your information and have updated the monthly USCIS info. That USCIS website seems to run by a careless individual as I found March's info under a file labelled "Novemebr 2006". Go figure.

-Rafiq

wanzi had his fp done on may 9th, can you please update the sheet

or I should ask, how often do you update the spreadsheet Rafiq..

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Lively. I updated the sheet but I will wait until I get a bit more info from other folks. In fact, maybe this is the time for me to pass on updating Jelly213's spreadsheet to someone else. If there are any takers, please let me know. This was a privilege.

--Rafiq

My check cashed finally. Lets see if I get my FP, before I go on vacation for a month in July.

Seattle
Applying this time under VAWA
Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - 5/13/2009
FP-???
IL- ???
ID- ???

Amit did you get your finger print done yet ? we applied on the same date and I have not received my fp notice yet..

Lively,

Sorry for not updating the forum. I have been on the road for most of the time.

I recd my FP notice on 4/22 and got my FP done 5/13.

Just got the infamous Yellow CFR notice to bring the state issued Drivers License or ID card.... Does that mean the interview letter is on the way?

Actually, I feel things are slow down lately.
I just got yellow letter, no interview letter yet.

By the way, does spouse need attend interview under 3-year rule?

and, besides yellow letter list, anything else I need bring to interview? Will they give a list with the interview letter?

Interview is the Naturalization test plus document review, right?

Got FP notice

Did not expect this. But I am very happy that it came before my vacation.

Seattle
Applying this time under VAWA
Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - 5/13/2009
1st NOA- 5/18/2009
PD Date- 4/27/09
FP notice - 5/22/09:D
FP-6/10/09
IL- ???
ID- ???

One question about FP walkin

Last year when I tried this, the clerk at the reception gave me a form to fill up, so that they change it to a different date.

So whoever walked in early for FP-- what should I do? Please advise.

I just walk in early and hope they dont notice the date of the actual FP. How did you guys do it?

Walk in FP

Last year when I tried this, the clerk at the reception gave me a form to fill up, so that they change it to a different date.

I just walk in early and hope they dont notice the date of the actual FP. How did you guys do it?

I just walked in and asked if it was OK to have my fp done early. The receptionist did want to know why and since it around Christmas, I said I might be on vacation at that time. There were no issues, so he let me get them done.

-Rafiq

Got my Interview Letter today: 07/20/2009. In a way, I was hoping to have the oath by 07/04 but I guess that was wishful thinking.. With my name change request attached to it,, I guess mine may take a bit longer!!

Last time when I try to walk in, the guy was rude, and did not let me explain and send me back. Waste $5 parking fees. (P.S. now is $6)

P.P.s: my time line updated.
P.P.P.s: We are talking about Seattle office right? the one at Tukwila.

Hey guys,

I´m also in Seattle. How long does it usually take from the interview to the oath ceremony? My interview is July 27th and then I´m traveling out of the country until the end of August. Can I request the oath ceremony date at the interview? Thanks!!

Received a yellow letter today. I am asked to bring my state ID and any passports issued in my name. No FP or IL yet.

I had my FP done in my previous petition I-751 , and it was less than 15 months ago. Does USCIS not take FP again for a new petition if the old FP are less than 15 months. I am puzzled by not being asked for new FP's, it's been more than 2 months since I filed N-400.

03/23/2009: mailed N-400 (Regular Mail)
03/26/2009: Received by NBC
04/03/2009: Check Cashed
03/26/2009: Priority Date
04/03/2009: Notice Date
04/08/2009: NOA received
05/28/2009:Yellow Letter
??/??/20?? : Fingerprint Notice
??/??/20?? : FP taken
??/??/20?? : Interview letter
??/??/20?? : Interview Date
??/??/20?? : Oath

Last edited by a moderator:
My FP was taken less than an year ago. I was applying for N-400 second time this year. But I still got FP notice. But I dont know the answer to your question. Just telling, what happened in my case.

Hey guys,

I´m also in Seattle. How long does it usually take from the interview to the oath ceremony? My interview is July 27th and then I´m traveling out of the country until the end of August. Can I request the oath ceremony date at the interview? Thanks!!

Hi - I have the same question. I received my Interview date for 7/15/09 and have a trip coming up in late july. Is same day oath a possibility in Seattle? Thanks.

From what I have seen from this forum,,its usually the next week after the interview. Seattle doesnt have same day oath at least none in this forum reported to have one.. There isnt simply that many folks, I guess to have a daily oath. My presumption

passport expires

Guys, One question. My passport expires in few months, do I have to renew it. Or is it ok not to renew it?

Really appreciate your help.

Guys, One question. My passport expires in few months, do I have to renew it. Or is it ok not to renew it?

Really appreciate your help.

If you are planning on travelling before becoming US citizen, I suggest you renew it to be able to get back for your interview :D