San Jose Tracker - Through USC marriage

So if it takes 2 months(!) to issue receipt notice it will end up at least 3 months just to get EAD. truly amazing :(
I wonder what happened since june/july when people had checks cashed in 3-4 weeks and got EADs in 1-1.5 months...

Last edited by a moderator:
My checks are finally cashed..

I submitted my package on 1st of Oct. Today my checks got cashed Nov 22. It's almost close to 2 months.

blues_traveler: did you get anything yet? you are in the queque just before me.

Thanks,
Romit

Nothing yet.

Case details:

May 27: Filed at SJ USCIS
June 10: Cheques cashed
July 2nd: Recieved letter from USCIS for EAD/advance-parol appt
July 16th: Recieved EAD card and AP docs at the office
July 22nd: Fingerprinting done

blues:

can you just tell me what the process was when you got your EAD ? Is it something like - show your ID and get the EAD ? or is it something more than that (like a mini interview session) ?

GeorgeF:

How was your interview yesterday? Please tell us your experience. who was the benificiary here, Husband or Wife?

Thanks,
Romit

There was no interview, etc. A photo was taken, and 10 minutes later I got the plastic card.

milpride said:
blues:

can you just tell me what the process was when you got your EAD ? Is it something like - show your ID and get the EAD ? or is it something more than that (like a mini interview session) ?

romit said:
GeorgeF:

How was your interview yesterday? Please tell us your experience. who was the benificiary here, Husband or Wife?

Thanks,
Romit

Hey Romit et al,

The interview was success. My wife got her passport stamped and we are going back home for Christmas :)
There's not a whole lot I can write about the interview. It was a typical, straight forward nice officer interview we read about quite often.
We were surprised the officer didn't ask many questions we were expecting. But I guess that was due to a fact that we've been married for over 3 years now. The officer wasn't interested if my wife was in the status at all times, original of marriage cert etc. Now when I think about it it seems he must have known what he was doing and didn't want to waste time with these questions.
Oh, and one more thing... our lawyer was late so we didn't put our letter into the box to make sure we were not gonna be called in. Big surprise, we got called anyway. (the lawyer was just entering the waiting room - what a timing ;) ).

I don't know what else, as I mentioned it was very straight forward. But if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Congratulations GeorgeF. It gives me peace of mind. We are married for 5 years already and we have a child also.

I did not receive the interview letter yet but we alrready brought the tickets to travel in the middle of Jan. Hopefully, we will get something soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

Romit

Congratulations, GeorgeF! Nice to know that your interview went smooth and
well! :)

Our case is very similar - we've been married for over three years now too.
Did the officer ask why didn't you apply for AOS earlier, like right after you
got married? i.e. why waited until now to apply? This is something that I
heard that the officer might sometimes ask if the marriage is over two years
already.

Thanks in advance! :D

Anyone in San jose received interview lately

Romit,
Have u received your interview letter yet?.

Baig

atbaig said:
Romit,
Have u received your interview letter yet?.

Baig

Nope, not yet. I badly need it now, otherwise don't come until february or so. I have already purchased ticket for my entire family to travel outside USA in the middle of January.

Anybody else, please post if you received yours.

Atbaig: you should get before me based on your timeline.

Interview

Romit,
Yes but I have not received any interview letter yet and they haven't updated the processing times since Nov 10.

timeline

Hi everyone!

I dropped off my I-485 package at San Jose CIS office on Oct.16th, 2004, but I haven't heard anything from them and my checks are not cashed yet..
From this site, i learned that the checks whose package submitted on Oct.1st was cached on Nov.22. Are there more recent information bout this time line??
Thanks in advance:)

justmarried said:
Hi everyone!

I dropped off my I-485 package at San Jose CIS office on Oct.16th, 2004, but I haven't heard anything from them and my checks are not cashed yet..
From this site, i learned that the checks whose package submitted on Oct.1st was cached on Nov.22. Are there more recent information bout this time line??
Thanks in advance:)

I would suggest you to call the 800# or if possible, visit them. They should have sent you a Receipt notice by now and your check should have cashed. It is possible that you packet has got lost. How did you send it to them??

Hi Amishah,

Thanks for your suggestion:)
I have dropped off my package at the drop-off box in front of the San Jose CIS office...
Actually I visited them after 5 weeks of my submission with INFO PASS appointment, then I was told to come back in case I didn't hear anything from them after 90 days from my submission day...So, the only thing I can do right now is to wait quietly until Jan.16. 2005...
However, I'm curious to know other people's timeline if there are any in the similar situation as me:)

amishah said:
I would suggest you to call the 800# or if possible, visit them. They should have sent you a Receipt notice by now and your check should have cashed. It is possible that you packet has got lost. How did you send it to them??
I dropped off the packet on Nov 20. My checks got cashed on Dec 7.

Moving at the end of January

I am moving at the end of January to the San Mateo area which is serviced by the San Francisco office. Will my case move from San Jose to San Francisco?

If it does, how does it affect the time of my processing? Will everything start from the beginning or from the point it was at San Jose?

Thanks in advance.