EAD and Fingerprinting done.

No Interview Appt yet.

Baig

atbaig said:
I applied in San Jose Office on May 6, 2004

EAD and Fingerprinting done.

No Interview Appt yet.

Baig

You may be receiving an interview letter in about 5-6 weeks :)
San Jose is one of the fastest offices when it comes to I-485s

Our timeline

Sent 485 packet to San Jose on 7-21. No response, so we went yesterday and inquired. We were informed that they had lost the packet, and we might have to start again. The officer told us he would look for it. They cashed the checks today 8/26, which means they found the packet right after we left yesterday. We'll see how the rest of it goes.

Sorry about the double post.

EAD and Advanced Parole approved

7/27 Drop the application
8/13 Checks cashed
8/24 they sent out the EAD and Advanced Parole approval noticed, got the notice on 8/26
9/3 - to pick up EAD and AP. I make the appointment to pick up EAD and AP through INFOPASS website according to the instructions in the notice.

San Jose I130/I485 etc

Sent the packet via mail on 7/16
EAD/AP picked up on 8/23
Finger Printing done 8/27

Does anyone know, How long it should be for interview?

thanks

anybody had interview recently at San Jose, your timelines please.

Thank you in advance.

Finger Print done

7/27 Drop the application
8/13 Checks cashed
8/24 they sent out the EAD and Advanced Parole approval noticed, got the notice on 8/26
9/2 receive finger print notice
9/3 pick up EAD and AP
9/10 finger print in san jose ASC

10/00- Dropped off package and picked up EAD on the same day(the good old days!)
11/00- Got a letter saying my permanent residence was granted with an approval date of 04/02
Not sure exactly when I received the physical green card with the conditional 2 yr expirate date
01/04-Applied to remove conditions on green card
03/04-Got notice of action saying that my application would be processed in 1 yr
08/04-Got a letter saying that conditions were removed and final green card was approved(much faster than 1 yr!)

I am getting the stamp for the green card this week. Apparently, I can apply for US citizenship Jan '05.

Hope this helps!
-M

Questions about filing

Hi All,

I am applying to get a Green Card through my wife who is a citizen. I will be filing at the San Jose office. I have a few questions:
1. Do we need to go to the office and stand in line to submit the application? Or is drop box available? Is the drop box the only option?
2. The instructions for I-130 say that they need originals as well as the copy. My wife will use her passport to prove that she is a citizen. Do we need to put her passport in the packet too? I am concerned that if drop box is the only option, she won't have her passport with her for a while.
3. My wife is not currently working. She however needs to file the affidavit of support. Since we have been living together for more than 6 months, according to the instructions in 864, I can add my income as an immigrant/household member. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Fanner

Do not submit originals of anything! Make copies, submit those with your application and bring originals only to the interview.

Apparently, there's a drop box available in SJ but I did send mine via FedEx. I haven't heard about any problems with the drop box so if you are around the CIS office, you san save on postage and drop it in. Either way, no standing in line is required to file those petitions.

Sorry, I have no experience with #3.

Good luck!

Hi GeorgeF,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Another quick question:
At San Jose do I need to submit I-693 along with the initial application? Or only when I am asked to do so.

Thx,
Fanner

fanner said:
Hi GeorgeF,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Another quick question:
At San Jose do I need to submit I-693 along with the initial application? Or only when I am asked to do so.

Thx,
Fanner

I used the dropbox.

I did not send any originals as GeorgeF suggested.

I did not submit I-693. waiting for their instruction to do so.

Regarding your question about the Affidavit of Support, I used my income on form I-864 (my wife is the USC) as she had moved to US from abroad after marriage. We filed the paperwork three months after marriage thru the drop-box option. I don't think this six month "living together" rule that you mention is a restriction.

Romit,

There are new dates on the CIS's web site posted today, Sept.22.

San Jose is processing I-485s with Apr 28 receipt date.

This is the first time I've seen dates being posted more than once a month.

Happy waiting ;) (I'm waiting too...)

GeorgeF said:
Romit,

There are new dates on the CIS's web site posted today, Sept.22.

San Jose is processing I-485s with Apr 28 receipt date.

This is the first time I've seen dates being posted more than once a month.

Happy waiting ;) (I'm waiting too...)

Thank you George. This is the reason I love this forum. Everybody helps each other.

what are your timelines?

romit said:
what are your timelines?

Submitted on 4/19
Checks cashed 5/11
Cash register receipt 5/10
EAD pickup 6/7

I think SJ generally processes these in about 6 months, which is a great improvement over what it used to be few years back.

George, have you recieved the interview letter ? In other words, is the interview held around the same date as the date posted on the SJCIS website.

Btw, what does the reciept date mean here ? Is it the date the application was submitted or the date on the cash register reciept ?

thanks.