San Jose Tracker - Through USC marriage

blues_traveler said:
George, have you recieved the interview letter ? In other words, is the interview held around the same date as the date posted on the SJCIS website.

Btw, what does the reciept date mean here ? Is it the date the application was submitted or the date on the cash register reciept ?

thanks.

To answer all of your questions... I have no clue whatsoever.

Actually, there's one question I can answer... no interview letter yet :rolleyes:

I think the date means that they are calling for interview cases with the cash register recepit mentioned. But that's just my speculation. On the other hand, I know about somebody, who got called for an interview last week and that person recepit date was 4/6.

I will let you know when the interview letter arrives, I expect it at any and will start worrying if it doesn't arrive 4-6 weeks from now.

GeorgeF said:
Do not submit originals of anything! Make copies, submit those with your application and bring originals only to the interview.

Do Copies needs to be notorized or just submit the copies as is. I-130 says, it should be attested by some immigration attorney, is that true?

gc_proc said:
Do Copies needs to be notorized or just submit the copies as is. I-130 says, it should be attested by some immigration attorney, is that true?

I didn't send any notarized copies. I'm under the impression that they check them against originals that you bring to the interview.

New processing times posted....

Guys, I must admit I'm koo-koo over this. I've been checking these every hour for the past few days. It's time to seek prfessional help... :D

it says "posted October 14, 2004" now

May 14!!!

GeorgeF, you should be receiving the notice for intervew very sooooooooon! :)

Question

Suppose San Jose "is processing" applications with the "receipt date" of 5/19/2004. (On 10/14 they posted they were processing 5/14).

I filed my app on 4/19 and they got it on 4/20. However, the cash register recepit has a date of 5/10.

At what point should be really worried that something isn't right? (like something got lost in the mail...)

Send a letter to BCIS

George,
just send a letter to BCIS with your A No and ask them what happended with your application.

My cheques were not cashed for 3 weeks and I sent them a letter.
A few days after the letter was sent they cashed the cheques.

atbaig said:
George,
just send a letter to BCIS with your A No and ask them what happended with your application.

Yeah, I guess that won't hurt. Thanks!

I'm still kind of split, whether I should be worrying at all.

atbaig said:
George,

I dropped my AOS package at San Jose office on 1st oct. No news yet. I neither received any notice date nor my checks are cashed. Now I'm little worried, I don't even have a prove to say I dropped the package. How should I follow it up. Everyone here says, there checks were cashed within 12-15 days but for me it's almost 20 days. What should I do, does sending a letter help? even If I send a letter then with what reference? and where should I send it? Any help is appreciated.

gc_proc said:
I dropped my AOS package at San Jose office on 1st oct. No news yet. I neither received any notice date nor my checks are cashed. Now I'm little worried, I don't even have a prove to say I dropped the package. How should I follow it up. Everyone here says, there checks were cashed within 12-15 days but for me it's almost 20 days. What should I do, does sending a letter help? even If I send a letter then with what reference? and where should I send it? Any help is appreciated.

I heard that San Jose is having "front-load" problem. In other words, it takes time for them to open the envelopes. It took them over three weeks to cash my checks and this was back in May.
Give them couple more weeks.
I know exactly how you feel....

gc_proc said:
I dropped my AOS package at San Jose office on 1st oct. No news yet. I neither received any notice date nor my checks are cashed. Now I'm little worried, I don't even have a prove to say I dropped the package. How should I follow it up. Everyone here says, there checks were cashed within 12-15 days but for me it's almost

This is not true for me either. I waited even more than 21 days. It was one month! Don't worry. Your check will be cashed.

annet said:
gc_proc said:
I dropped my AOS package at San Jose office on 1st oct. No news yet. I neither received any notice date nor my checks are cashed. Now I'm little worried, I don't even have a prove to say I dropped the package. How should I follow it up. Everyone here says, there checks were cashed within 12-15 days but for me it's almost

This is not true for me either. I waited even more than 21 days. It was one month! Don't worry. Your check will be cashed.

Annet, your timeline, please.