San Jose Tracker - Through USC marriage

Congradulations romit,

So it was a little over 5 months to get letter sine receipt date. guess akshat is right about different queues.

Also i got my EAD card and AP today. It took 7 photos and 2 fingerprintings to make card and officer who issued AP had quite subtle sarcastic sense of humour(i was running between his window and EAD window) :).

Recieved interview appt letter

Details:

May 27th: Submitted AOS application
June 9th: Receipt date
Dec 14th: Date on interview appt letter
Jan 13th: Interview date

We got married in Feb this year.

rampadma said:
For I-485, the date is June 4th, 2004. I am fairly sure that this date means they have not made final determination. But what does it mean for applications such as advanced parole or EAD? Do they get processed earlier than final determination?

Thanks

Ram

Who knows what it means. These dates never worked for me. Every time I received my things although the dates did not reach my notice dates. But I would say it is always somewhere close to the dates published by USCIS.

blues_traveler said:
Details:

Congratulations Blues.

Current Status

at_baig:

Did you hear anything back (Interview Letter) from BCIS yet. I suppose you should by now, because your filing date was first week of May 2004

Akshat

Not Yet

Akshat,
I have not received the interview letter yet. My filing date is May 6, 2004. I made an info pass appointment and spoke to a BCIS officer. He told me each case is different and I have not been scheduled for an interview yet.

Thanks
Baig

atbaig said:
Akshat,
I have not received the interview letter yet. My filing date is May 6, 2004. I made an info pass appointment and spoke to a BCIS officer. He told me each case is different and I have not been scheduled for an interview yet.

Thanks
Baig

Who is the beneficiary here? Husband or wife? I am trying to find a correlation. My filing date was June 14 and I already received the interview letter. The beneficiary is the wife in our case. Just wondering, may be for males, they need to do more security checks, etc.

But I might be totally wrong.

Romit

Beneficiary

Romit,
I am the beneficiary(Male). It is totally possible they might need more security checks for male.

In both your case and GeorgeF's case I think the beneficairy was female.

I have also filed for Employment based I-485. I hope that comes first.

Baig

blues_traveler said:
Details:

Hi Blues, would you mind telling us, who is the beneficiary in your case? Husband or wife? we are trying to find a correlation how interviews are scheduled at San Jose office.

Thank you

What could be the reason ?

at_baig:

I am thinking what could be the reason:

1) How long have you been married, Is it less than 60 days before you filed?
2) Was your medical good, If there was a minor problem even in the past , that could hold it back and cause delay.
3) Did anybody else other than your spouse file for your affidevit of support in case the income of your spouse was'nt enough to meet the requirement, in that case they may take time to validate that info.
4) Your previous status before you filed for AOS
5) Were you fingreprinted before anywhere else other than for your I485 application.

I am not exactly sure as to what could be the reason, as you have mentioned that BCIS officer said that each case is different. So I am trying to disect and break down the points as to what could be the cause of delay or further investigation.

Don't worry, It will happen afterall nobody ever will be able to figure out as to how BCIS works....they have their own way...

Good luck

Akshat

Akshat,

>>1) How long have you been married, Is it less than 60 days before you filed?

Yes
Got married April 12, 2004
submitted AOS May 6, 2004

>>2) Was your medical good, If there was a minor problem even in the past , that could hold it back and cause delay.

No problem with medical record

>>3) Did anybody else other than your spouse file for your affidevit of support in case the income of your spouse was'nt enough to meet the requirement, in that case they may take time to validate that info.

My wife is not working. we have a 2 year old daughter. I support the family. I provided proof of my income.

>>4) Your previous status before you filed for AOS

H1B for 4 years. and F1 before that

>>5) Were you fingreprinted before anywhere else other than for your I485 application.

No. May be when I was coming back from India last december, 2003

Baig

Possible answer !!

at_baig:

1) How long have you been married, Is it less than 60 days before you filed?

Yes
Got married April 12, 2004
submitted AOS May 6, 2004

OK as far as I know BCIS takes all applications filed for AOS within 60 days of marriage with suspicion as they would most probably ask you lots of proof to justify that you married in good faith. That's why they are taking time to prepare list of Docs required to prove. Don't worry if you are genuine as you are you will have no problem whatsoever. It may take some time for the interview letter to arrive.

>>2) Was your medical good, If there was a minor problem even in the past , that could hold it back and cause delay.

No problem with medical record

No problems with this, that's good

>>3) Did anybody else other than your spouse file for your affidevit of support in case the income of your spouse was'nt enough to meet the requirement, in that case they may take time to validate that info.

My wife is not working. we have a 2 year old daughter. I support the family. I provided proof of my income.

OK...here is the catch. since your wife is a citizen who is sponsoring you and she is not working that gives BCIS lot of reason to doubt that you may have entered in marriage with malicious intent as she is not working and just being with you to give you your PR (I am reasoning this as to what BCIS officers perceive each application depending on their conditions).

Again no need to worry as you are truly and legally married in good faith. Just make sure you keep all the docs required for interview like joint apartment lease, (or if you have a house it should be on both of your names)joint bank statements etc.

>>4) Your previous status before you filed for AOS

H1B for 4 years. and F1 before that

Good. The longer you have been here before you filed the better your case is.

>>5) Were you fingreprinted before anywhere else other than for your I485 application.

No. May be when I was coming back from India last december, 2003

Well in that case it should'nt be a problem.

In any case atbaig...you have nothing to worry about its just normal procedure as lots of people have made BCIS very very suspicious.

Good luck again...and let us know when you do receive your interview finally.

Akshat

Timeline :

Luckyyy:

Did you receive your AOS interview letter yet ? Please give us your timeline...Thanks

Akshat

Not yet

akshat11 said:
Luckyyy:

Did you receive your AOS interview letter yet ? Please give us your timeline...Thanks

Akshat

My timeline:

Application submitted: 6/3/2004
Receipt date: 6/22/2004
Receipt & Notice letter for EAD received: 7/7/2004
Date to pick up EAD: 7/14/2004
Date of fingerprint taken: 8/3/2004
(I am here now: waiting for the AOS interview letter...) :rolleyes:

Please let us know when you receive yours.

Good luck to all of us... :)

we had the interview today. Everything went perfect except the stamp. Officer could not put the stamp because of same ridiculous and consistent reason of FBI name check which many of you now know.

Now it is on FBI's hand and then just hope and pray that USCIS will check you file periodically that FBI sent it correctly.

The officer showed me a paper that yesterday he interviewed 10 people and six of them were not stamped because of the same reason.

Good luck to you all.

Romit

Interview

So, we had the interview in the morning today. The same old problem: pending FBI background check ! Rest, everything was okay.

One thing of interest would be that initially the officer balked at our I-864 Affidavit of Support filing. Apparently, the sponsored cannot solely use his or her income to sponsor himself/herself, inspite of what the instruction for the form might suggest. I had done that, ie. used my salary. The officer wanted a co-sponsor, or assets above 75K. Fortunately, we were able to match that thru funds in our community bank and brokerage a/c.

The officer asked for as much documentation as possible with both our names on it. I would say, the officer was meticulous in details, but not finicky.

I saw atleast two other couples with appts around our time. So it seems things are moving at the San Jose office. If your application is getting delayed, it could be due to some approval that they might be waiting for.

So now, its a waiting game for me. Six months, a year, you never know.

Nothing else I can think of that might be useful to the audience here. Ask if you have any questions.

Timeline:

Feb '04: Marriage
May 27: Submitted AOS application
June 9: Receipt date
Dec 14: Date on interview appt letter
Jan 13: Interview date