San Jose Tracker - Through USC marriage

what's I-468

Quick question!
In the receipt letter from CIS, it says Form I-468 to be submitted with adjustment of status application.

do i need to submit this form when i pick up EAD?
can anyone tell me about this?
thanks in advance!

worried

I dropped my package in Jan 6, its now the 30th...They havent cashed, or sent me a notice.Has the San Jose office lost any packages yet? I hope they havent lost mine...any of you know if theres a hotline or anything i can call?

Updates !

Blues:

Any updates dude....what's happening with your name check process...any progress....If it moves forward please let us know...

Luckyyy:

Good luck with your interview on the 9th Feb...Let us know how it went...

Akshat

Get an Infopass appointment!

at_baig:

May be you can go get an Infopass appointment now and check out what's going on. We know they treat every application differently, but may be they'll be able to give you the reason for taking long time on your application. In any case it doesn't hurt to find out, may be they will take a look at it again and do something about it.

Akshat.

I made an infopass appointment once on Dec 27 and asked them about my case. They said every case is different.

I will wait for couple of months before I go there again

Your Interview !

Luckyyy:

I hope you had a successful AOS interview yesterday (9th Feb 2005), Whenever you get time Please post your experience.

Akshat

We passed! Thanks, Guys!

The interview went really well! :)

We arrived about 45 minutes earlier than the appointment time as it advised
in the letter. However, we couldn't find any parking spot - later we heard that
there was a natualization ceremony yesterday and parking was really tight.
Anyway, we parked a couple of blocks away, in front of some company - so
that we could probably assume that our car wouldn't be towed away. ;)

We waited about an hour before got called in. The officer was very nice and
didn't ask many questions - later we were told that it's because we've been
married for more than 4 years already and provided a lot of proof with both
our names on. But the officer did ask us "how did you meet" and "is this your
first marriage".

Finally the officer smiled and told us that our case has been approved. My
passport was stamped and we were given an approval letter since FBI name
check is cleared. :D

Good luck, everyone!

atbaig said:
I made an infopass appointment once on Dec 27 and asked them about my case. They said every case is different.

I will wait for couple of months before I go there again

Baig,

My attorney told me that each AOS case has to be taken from the case shelf and processed within 6 months after the case's receipt date (yours is June 2, 2004, right?). It then takes approximately a few weeks (I'd assume that a couple of months at most) for them to process and then mail out the appointment notice. I also remembered that on my receipt letter it said that it takes 6-8 months to process the application.

I guess you'd probably receive the notice sometime this month. :)

Good luck!

congratulations !

Luckyyy:

In a true fashion that your nick name represents you were lucky indeed not to get stuck in a name check mess. Congratulations on your approval and good luck to baig for its his time to get cracking now.

Akshat

luckky,
I have an other complication. My company also filed for employment based I-485 in Aug/Sep 2004. My attorney enquired with USCIS and they said they only maintain one Alien file and thats why my Family based petition could be either delayed or may never get processed.

I will update as soon as I hear something.

luckyyy said:
The interview went really well! :)

Good luck, everyone!

Congrats, Luckyy! I also got my interview letter recently and my interview date is Feb 17th. I filed for AOS around end of June 04 and just wanted to thank you for sharing all the info with us so that I didn't get hopeless when waiting for my interview letter too.

I'm preparing for my interview documents and it says I need to bring originals and one copy for all the documents, did you make copy for everything? just wondering if that's necessary. Will the officer take any copies?

Thanks and hope I will be as lucky as you. ;-)

For the rest of the people who are still waiting, hang in there!

Good luck, Sunny!

sunny78 said:
Congrats, Luckyy! I also got my interview letter recently and my interview date is Feb 17th. I filed for AOS around end of June 04 and just wanted to thank you for sharing all the info with us so that I didn't get hopeless when waiting for my interview letter too.

I'm preparing for my interview documents and it says I need to bring originals and one copy for all the documents, did you make copy for everything? just wondering if that's necessary. Will the officer take any copies?

Thanks and hope I will be as lucky as you. ;-)

For the rest of the people who are still waiting, hang in there!

Yes, I copied everything, including those that they already had the copies. And yes, they will take the copies. In my case, the officer took the copies of our bank statements, copies of our car titles and insurances, copies of our utility bills... and we were going to give more but it looked like it's too much so the officer asked us that we could stop here if we like. :D

My attorney asked us to copy some photos while taking the originals, however the officer didn't bother to ask us for photos. I guess it's because we've been married for more than 4 years already. :)

Best of luck to you!

Medical exam for SJ - before or after application

Curious if everyone applying to SJ did their medical exam before applying or waited for USCIS to notify... The application instructions specified we must wait in the case of filing at a local office.

I am waiting for my wife's 485 approval notice in San Jose.

We applied Aug 1, 2004.
check encashed Aug 15.
Got finger print notice Sep 15.
Finished fingerprint Sep 24.
Waiting for medical exam notice(?), approval etc.???

Appreciate your feedback.

vol-ca-arvind said:
Curious if everyone applying to SJ did their medical exam before applying or waited for USCIS to notify... The application instructions specified we must wait in the case of filing at a local office.

I am waiting for my wife's 485 approval notice in San Jose.

We applied Aug 1, 2004.
check encashed Aug 15.
Got finger print notice Sep 15.
Finished fingerprint Sep 24.
Waiting for medical exam notice(?), approval etc.???

Appreciate your feedback.

I don't think there will be any separate notice for medical exam, just go ahead and make an appointment with those designated doctors and get it done, although it's such a rip-off...10 minutes visit and I gotta pay $350 and the immigration officer didn't even ask for it today.

Oh yeah, I meant to tell you guys about my interview today and one thing I kind of expected did happen...my background check is also pending... :mad:
I'm not as lucky as luckyy I guess...everything else went pretty smooth. Our appointment was at 9:30 and actually you can go there as early as you can. We got there around 8:20 and put the notice in the box and waited for about 40 minutes and the interview itself was only 15 minutes, the officer was very nice and only asked for our employment letters, tax returns and didn't even ask any questions about our marriage. Well, of course we've been married for more than 3 years I guess that does the trick. The officer said he checks the status three times a week and will mail us a letter as soon as he finds out.

So I guess I will still hang around to see if anybody gets the background cleared soon, hopefully.

Good luck.

We got the interview letter today for Mar 10. The first line reads "...bring this letter, all passports, id and medical exam.." Sounds like a generic letter.

No medical form was enclosed.

I also read on USCIS website that K visa holders who have already submitted a medical exam need not do it again, IF they have applied 485 within a year.

This might explain why the officer didn't ask you for the medical.

will go for interivew on 2/24

Got a similar letter as you guys got. It arrived around 2 weeks ago and the interview date is 2/24.

My time line

7/28, drop the application
9/2, pick up EAD and AP
9/22, finger print
2/24, AOS interview

update

at_baig:

Any news about ur case dude ! Did you make an Infopass appointment yet ! I am sure now that it is almost more than 8 months since you filed your I485 application. You should get some reply as to what's the cause. I know they(BCIS) have to at least process the app in 6 to 8 months time. If you haven't made an appointment yet ...may be you should and get the update on your app.

Akshat

Akshat,
I am thinking about making an another appointment.
I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Baig