San Jose Interview Tracker

I got mine in less than 3 weeks!

Don't worry, everything should be ok. The interview is a pure formality then the approval will be granted during the interview or few days later. You are almost there.

FYI: my file got transferred on September 7, my lawyer got a letter on september 24 for an interview on October 27. So the whole thing took me 2 months!

Good Luck!

HurricaneBay said:
Well my case got transferred to San Jose local office for interview. Mine is a pretty straight-forward case (no brush with law, no immigration violation, working for same employer who is sponsoring my gc, not from special registration country, etc.). The only thing is that my wife was pregnant while we were doing 485 medicals and so she couldn't take any vaccinations. I was expecteding an RFE for her but USCIS issued an RFE for my medicals, which were all in order. Probably they got confused! After replying to RFE with my medicals, both our cases got transferred to San Jose. I am not particularly worried about interview but when I can expect an interview date seems to be uncertain. I guess it might take 3+ months to get a date. If any senior members can comment on my case I'd really appreciate that.

GC_1881,

Did you get your final approval? Just curious to know how long it might take to get the approval after the interview, if it doesn't happen in the same day.

During the interview, the officier told me that everything is ok but I have to apply for a VISA for you!!!! I was surprised and asked him, which Visa, he said don't worry it is a formality, then in couple of days you should get a letter from us ... 2 weeks later I discovered (when I took an info pass apointment) that they sent me a letter the same day of the interview to my old address about the approval and that I can stamp my passport if I like to ... I did my stamp on the 15 of November and now I am waiting for the plastic card.

So to sum up, except some stupid formality, you should get your passport stamped the same day or in the worst case, you will get it in few days. However, the only exeption that I saw so far is with people who still waiting because of BACKGROUD CHECK which I don't know what it is exactly ... Hopefully, you will be ok.

GL

HurricaneBay said:
GC_1881,

Did you get your final approval? Just curious to know how long it might take to get the approval after the interview, if it doesn't happen in the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Case transfered to Sanfrancisco by mistake!

After 8 weeks of waiting for interview letter from San Jose, I was informed that my case was trans to San Francisco by mistake!! Now we request from SF to send back my case to SJ office. I am not sure when SJ get my file will give appointment based on the time they received the file, or the time the case started the journey or WAC number? any input apprecaited.
Highly recommend to check if your file received by SJ.

How to check if your file reached correct place ? My case got transfered to san jose office on Nov'11th , approximately in how many days should i be contacting local office ?

leanback:
There are many ways to check it out. The best way is to ask your lawyer to contact them. If that won't work you can get appointment online and go there.

CGcountdown:
Since I have my I485 address changed from Alameda County to Santa Clara County before the transferring, I am wondering it may have more possibilities for INS to mistakenly transfer my case to SF office, even the online message says the case was tranfered to SJ office on Oct 19.
I am a litter neveous cause I have no further message since Xfering.
I called my attorney, but she said she could do nothing but wait.
Where did you get your infomation(case was xfered to SF)? From your attorney or infopass?
Any input is appreciated.

ntant:
My lawyer send inquiry after about 2 months. I am not sure they used FAX or e-mail. They responded few days after.

Got the card in the mail exactly a month after approval. I knew things were moving since I was getting weekly updates from USCIS email notification system. BTW, card is not Green!!!

Good luck everyone, and thank for all the help, advice, and comfort. Signing off for the next 5 years.

Today i took a appointment through infopass to check the status of my case. I will be speaking to immigration officer on Dec'14th. I will keep you guys posted.

Yes take a lawyer with you. Your case does not seem to be straight forward.

Just my opinion

raram said:
Dear Friends,

My 485 is transferred to SJC on Dec 3rd. Here is my case details.

1.GC field based on future employment with approved LC. But joint that Company after I got my EAD. Did my seventh year extension from the same company and I am working for them for more than eight months. Plus my wife was out of status for two months. (Her I-94 got expired and she traveled outside country and came back). But after that she got her EAD and H4 processed without any issues.

What do I do for the interview? Do I need a lawyer?

GC approved

Hi Everybody,

Recvd the approval letter on 12/03/2004 by mail. We had our interview on 11/18/2004. Mine was AC21 case. And I was laidoff couple of weeks after our I485 was filed. The officer did ask me when did I quit the employer who filed my 485 and verified my job profile. I think it really doesn't matter how long were you with your employer who filed your labour and 485 as long as your job description matches.

Finally, I would like to thank each one of you for sharing your experiences. It really did help me.

I wish good luck to all.

Thanks.

Congratulations! Can you post some details for the interview?
Do they usually approve on the spot or they will wait a few weeks and sent the letter?
Also, I am glad they do not seem to need you to be employed with the old company 180 days after filing.
kajana123 said:
Hi Everybody,

Recvd the approval letter on 12/03/2004 by mail. We had our interview on 11/18/2004. Mine was AC21 case. And I was laidoff couple of weeks after our I485 was filed. The officer did ask me when did I quit the employer who filed my 485 and verified my job profile. I think it really doesn't matter how long were you with your employer who filed your labour and 485 as long as your job description matches.

Finally, I would like to thank each one of you for sharing your experiences. It really did help me.

I wish good luck to all.

Thanks.

Received interview letter

I received the letter today. Interview is scheduled for 1/12/05. Took 3 weeks to get the letter from transfer date. SJC is not bad at all.

I received a tranfer letter from INS which says.

Prelimnary processing in this case is completed and It tranferred to local INS office ... with SJC address.

Is it standard?

do we get transfer notice? or just a status update online?

Got interview letter

Finally after my file trans to different office by mistake, we managed to return it to San jose on 5th of DEC. I got a letter on 23rd that my interview is on 19th JAN. Hope everything goes ok. :cool:

Case transfered to San jose on 12/14. Just received an interview letter (dated 12/30) for 1/25. Hope everything goes smoothly

ishturkish said:
Case transfered to San jose on 12/14. Just received an interview letter (dated 12/30) for 1/25. Hope everything goes smoothly

Hi Ishturkish:
My case also transfer to San Jose on 12/17 - Waiting for interview letter.
Can you post your interview experience? Thank you.

No my message did not change ... After the interview and the approval, I start ot get different messages about the processing of my plastic card. By the way, it tooks me 45 days to get the plastic card after the interview ...

Good luck to you!

CGcountdown said:
I have a question? for those who got appointment in San Jose:
Did you get a new message online saying file received in San Jose, or a letter of appointment was issued? Also in your letter what documents they asked for?
Many thanks