San Jose Interview Tracker

Npe the message did not change.

I don't have my letter yet. My lawyer will send it tom me today (I hope). I think that the documents will be classical like W2 forms, Tax return, paystubs, EVL (Employment verificaton letter), etc...

Good luck!

CGcountdown said:
I have a question? for those who got appointment in San Jose:
Did you get a new message online saying file received in San Jose, or a letter of appointment was issued? Also in your letter what documents they asked for?
Many thanks

Canarian,

In your interview letter, did they asked you about the medical exam results?

Do we really need them!!!!

Yes they did. From the package my lawyer has sent me, he only has the photocopy of the sealed envelope that was mailed to INS. I also have a record of my vaccine shots and 660 or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Apparently, the SJ office is sending out 'standard' letters irrespective of the case. my case is employment and they asked for marriage certificate etc. lawyer emailed the office and they confirmed it was a standard letter and to bring whatever documents are appropriate for the case.

approved on 10/8 after interview

Ok Atlast got approved on Oct 8 2004. Interview was in San Jose on 29 Sept 2004.
Though all the standard docs were asked in the interview letter, the thing asked for specifically was Emplyment letter, marriage certificate.
Passport.

We were not approved on the day of the interview as we did not have our LC on the file of INS.
Once we send the LC info to INS, officer said we would get approved in one month. Our security clearances was done he mentioned.

overall a smooth journey for the gc process except for the last hiccupps.

Wish you all good luck in this journey and let me know if you have an specific questions.

Thanks a ton to all people of this forum for sharing their experiences

So LC means labor certification? Did they asked for that?

I don't undersatand!!! did you get approved or not? Did you stamped your passport or not?

dude_folk said:
Ok Atlast got approved on Oct 8 2004. Interview was in San Jose on 29 Sept 2004.
Though all the standard docs were asked in the interview letter, the thing asked for specifically was Emplyment letter, marriage certificate.
Passport.

We were not approved on the day of the interview as we did not have our LC on the file of INS.
Once we send the LC info to INS, officer said we would get approved in one month. Our security clearances was done he mentioned.

overall a smooth journey for the gc process except for the last hiccupps.

Wish you all good luck in this journey and let me know if you have an specific questions.

Thanks a ton to all people of this forum for sharing their experiences

I did not get approved on the day of the interview. Later we got our approval notices and the case was approved on Oct 8 2004.
LC is labor certification.

Evl

Can I ask one of you to post your Employment verification letter which relates to a change of company, and job?

Needless to day that I interested in the generic format and not the specifics of your letter.

Thank you in advance,

This is the letter that I got from my lawyer to be signed from the CEO/president of the company where I work.

Hope this will help you!

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is to confirm that Mr. " your name" is currently employed as "title" with "company name". He has been employed in this position since "month year". His annual salary is at least $"amount". This is a full time position.

Sincerrely yours,

"name of your ceo/president"

date and signature

still waiting

Hi folks,
As I posted earlier my case was trns to san jose on 29 Sept and after 22 days still I did not receive anything!! Anybody out there got interview in Nov?? any updates on san jose interview time??
Many thanks

I know you are impatient. We've all been there. Give it 6 weeks, and then panic. Pretty much took most of us 5 to 6 weeks. Hang in there. Once you get the appointment, the wait period is a killer as well. Not to mention that the lawyers will scare you about this and that. All I am saying is that it is extremely important to be patient and keep your cool. Otherwise, this process will drive you nuts. I wish you luck, and an interview soon.

What will happen when interviewing without 140 approval

My case was transfered to SJ office today. However, my 140 is not approved yet.
My question is: What will happen when am interviewed. I think They may not approve me because I don't have 140 approval.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
---------------
RD: I140/I485 08/05/2004

For sure they will not approve your I-485 immediately.
During my interview though my Labor Certification was done, it was not present in the file, so that was the reason for not approving immediately.

so during your interview, they will go through you case, and see whether you have cleared all the stages, and then come to the point of approval.

How it comes that they did not have your LC!

Did you or your lawyer forget to send it with the file?

TIA

dude_folk said:
For sure they will not approve your I-485 immediately.
During my interview though my Labor Certification was done, it was not present in the file, so that was the reason for not approving immediately.

so during your interview, they will go through you case, and see whether you have cleared all the stages, and then come to the point of approval.

Hey guys,

Just received interview notices for the whole family. Letters were dated 10/19/04, received on 10/21/04, interviews scheduled for 11/16/04.

Also, received fingerprinting letters for my spouse and kids, attached to the notices - no dates - just go in to the ASC within the next 2 weeks and do it. Wife and son had just gone over 15 months since 1st FP. Youngest was below 14 when we applied, but is now over 14.

Glad to hear. There was a rumor going around that there would be no interviews scheduled for Nov; as the local office personnel intent to catch up with the backlog. Glad to see it was just a rumor. Stay tuned for detail feedback of the interview from few of us.

It is not over yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did my interview this morning. Everything was ok and the officier told me that he will apply for a VISA number for my case which will take one to two weeks then I will be approved.

Anyone had this before? I think that these clowns should apply for visa numbers before any interview but the fact that their big fat azzes can't do anything correct, they forget to do it for some cases and lucky as I am, my case was one of them.

Well I will wait again for one or two weeks to see how these bozos will do.