San Jose Interview Tracker

Hi All,

My case also transfered from Michigan to San Jose office on 12/22.
Waiting for any new update now.

Everybody with interview experience are requested to please post their experience and interview in Details.

Thanks in Advance.

Aneagleseye

My case was transferred 2 months ago to the San Jose office, but I still haven't received the interview letter. My address has changed in the process (we did notify the INS on the change). Is 2 months a reasonable interval? How longer should I wait before making an inquery?

MMR2005 said:
Hi Ishturkish:
My case also transfer to San Jose on 12/17 - Waiting for interview letter.
Can you post your interview experience? Thank you.

In that case you should receive an interview letter any day now, the San Jose office is working very quickly these days. I will definitely post my interview experience after I have it. According to my lawyer, it shouldn't be a big deal, unless something unexpected pops up. :confused:

Same boat

It looks like mine is oldest. My case was transferer to SJC on 10/19/2004, I didn't get the interview letter yet.
Long wait ...

I have one more question regarding interview letter...

Who receives the interview letter? We or our lawyers... Please let me know.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My EAD expires in another two days. I applied an extension almost three months back but no answer yet. i can collect my interim ead only after a week after my current EAD expires. Will this be a problem during my 485 interview? will they see the gap in my EAD and question as to what I did during that time? Please help

MMR2005 said:
I have one more question regarding interview letter...

Who receives the interview letter? We or our lawyers... Please let me know.
Thanks.

In our case, both our lawyer and us received our letter. The letter mentioned that our lawyer would also receive a copy..

raram said:
Any updates regards to whats do they mean by "CO-SPONSERS"

Regarding Co-sponser, I don't think you have to worry about that if you have a standard employment based case, where only one person is the primary sponer. Our lawyer explained that this is basically a stock letter they send to everyone who needs an interview, and not to read too much in to it. I had originally thought they requested an interview mostly to make sure my marriage was bona-fide (from the documents they asked for, and from the actual wording fo the the letter). My lawyer said that it probably has nothing to do with that..

Aneagleseyes; Greenercard; Ntant:
Hi All:
Did any one of you received the interview letter recently? Please let me know.
Thanks.

MMR2005.
I am not received yet, I guess that SJC processes the cases by the filing date.

----
Case Filed: 8/2004
Case Transfered : 10/2004

Hi ntant and greenercard:
Thank you for your reply. My case is filed on
I-485 ND: 01/04/2004 @ Vermont
Transfered to SJ office on 17/12/2004
I checked they are processing 23/03/2004 (I-485 @ CSC).
Keep updating. Thanks

Hi All,
I received letter for interview today. The interview is scheduled on 2nd Feb. My case was transfered on 22nd Dec.
An Eagles Eye
---------------
Priority Date Oct 2001.
485 ND 01/25/2003
FP1, FP2, 2 EADs and 2 APs
Transfered to local office in San Jose.

23/03/2004

MMR2005 said:
Hi ntant and greenercard:
Thank you for your reply. My case is filed on
I-485 ND: 01/04/2004 @ Vermont
Transfered to SJ office on 17/12/2004
I checked they are processing 23/03/2004 (I-485 @ CSC).
Keep updating. Thanks

MMR2005:
"I checked they are processing 23/03/2004 (I-485 @ CSC). " Could you tell us where you knew from and what's that meaning?
I checked that online processing date of SJC is July 2004. But I guess that's filing date of the application to local office directly.
Thanks,

List of Documents to be produced

The list of documents that I have been asked to produce reads something like this:

a. Passport/official ID medical exam letters
b. Current EVL for you , the petitioner and the co-sponsor
c. original and 1 copy of income tax forms and W2 for 3 yrs
d. Original marriage cert, insurance policy, rental aggrements, bank statements etc.
e. wedding photos ando ther evidence to establish marriage is bonafide

Now my questions ...
a. Are these items standard for an EB2 application? Has anybody else got such a list for an EB2/3 case?
b. I dont have the medical exam results. I submitted the sealed envelopes with the 485 application. Do I need to talk to the doctor and get copies?
thanks