San Jose Interview Tracker

No Interview yet

My case was transferred on 9/22/04 about 5 weeks back.
I see that "freeviews" got transferred on 9/24 and
got his interview on 11/16.

Should I be worried?

I have setup an appointment (Infopass) tomorrow at San Jose,
Any suggestion on specific question to get the interview dates?

Btw, I remember today was the day of interview for few on the
boards (Canarian,GC1881), good luck to you all

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-485 application along with my spouse's and son's application is transferred to local office on 10/21/04. I have applied in EB1- EA category and my RD is 06/09/03. Anyone recieved the decision without an interview?

thanks,

I have been reading about these VisaNumbers.
What are Visa Numbers.
My PP was not stamped cus of "Back ground check".
Next time when the nem check is done they might tell me we neeed a Visa number.
anyone care to explain

My lawyer said that the officier should request a VISA number before the interview. A visa number is simply a visa like the H1-B or other but an immigration Visa but in some cases the officier is lazy or a he did not do his homework so he forget to request a number. If the I-140 approval date is way back enough like in my case, the visa should be a formality but somebody has to do it!

Al_aos said:
I have been reading about these VisaNumbers.
What are Visa Numbers.
My PP was not stamped cus of "Back ground check".
Next time when the nem check is done they might tell me we neeed a Visa number.
anyone care to explain

interviwe scheduled

Ok I went to local office today with Info pass and came to know that
our Interviews are scheduled on 11/24.

later

Ball Magnet:
Did they scheduled on 11/24, just because you went there or they already schedualed that?
My case trns to San jose on 29th of Sept, do you think it helps if I go there.
Thanks

Canarian said:
Glad to hear. There was a rumor going around that there would be no interviews scheduled for Nov; as the local office personnel intent to catch up with the backlog. Glad to see it was just a rumor. Stay tuned for detail feedback of the interview from few of us.

Where did you hear that? It sounds scary! :eek:

3sr

3sR said:
My I-485 application along with my spouse's and son's application is transferred to local office on 10/21/04. I have applied in EB1- EA category and my RD is 06/09/03. Anyone recieved the decision without an interview?

thanks,

3SR

My RD is 6/02/03 and transferred to SJC on 10/22/04.
As far as I know, we should do interview.
I do not know why they transferred it.
Have you changed sponsor company?

Done.

:D

OK. Got the PP stamped. All went smooth. The letter of approval was already in the file. Just a few standard question, a request for new EVL, and that was it. Didn't ask for W2s, bills, picture, documents, or anything else on the request. I was in and out in 30 minutes and the majority of the conversation was chatting between my lawyer and the officer.

This forum was a great source of information, and psychological comfort. Thanks and may yours come soon!!!

Got Approved after Interview on OCT27th

We had our interview on oct27th morning at SJC. Everything went smooth . The officer didn't have the Visa number for stamping on that day. But on Oct 29th got the approval letter from SJC office.
The officer asked all the standard questions :
1. The Passport / photo id
2. The birth certificate/ marriage certificate
3. EVL & recent paystubs, W2s /tax forms
4. General questions about company, who are your customer, competitors etc and about the job.
5. He asked for the company financial report. I work for a small public company of around 200 employees. I only had the printout of last qtrs SEC filing from yahoo. He just glanced thru it.

The whole process took 30 mins. On 29th we got the approval letter.
There was no apparent reason for the interview...
Good Luck to everyone waiting for your GC. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience. This forum was of great help

I had my interview same day - 10/27 -- officer was real-sweet -- didnt ask anything other than the standard questions [affiliation w/terror organizations, offenses etc..

mine was a 245i case - they never asked about physical presence etc...

good luck to all

Congrats!

I had my interview and the officier told me the same thing about a visa number then nothing since the 27th. Do you think that I should be worried?

TIA

zambeel2 said:
We had our interview on oct27th morning at SJC. Everything went smooth . The officer didn't have the Visa number for stamping on that day. But on Oct 29th got the approval letter from SJC office.
The officer asked all the standard questions :
1. The Passport / photo id
2. The birth certificate/ marriage certificate
3. EVL & recent paystubs, W2s /tax forms
4. General questions about company, who are your customer, competitors etc and about the job.
5. He asked for the company financial report. I work for a small public company of around 200 employees. I only had the printout of last qtrs SEC filing from yahoo. He just glanced thru it.

The whole process took 30 mins. On 29th we got the approval letter.
There was no apparent reason for the interview...
Good Luck to everyone waiting for your GC. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience. This forum was of great help

Don't worry.

I wouldn't worry about it. You saw the officers there. They simply were not the type to be intimidated. If there was anything in your file, they would've told you for sure. It is nerve busting and requirtes patience, but you WILL get it. Hang in there, and good luck.

Hi,

Our Interview is scheduled on 11/16. Actually mine is AC21 case. And I was laidoff immediately after our 485 was filed. I joined the current company 9 months after our 485 was filed. During interview, are they asking any questions related to the previous company, I mean when did I quit that company etc.

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6 weeks since my file transfer

Hi folks,
It is about 6 weeks that my case trans to san jose and still I did not get a letter and date for interview. Do you recommend that I go to san jose office? If I want to go how does it work? what is info pass? do I have to go early in the morning?
I'll appreciate your comments and help.

strange email notification

After getting stampped last month in SJC this is what I got as case update from USCIS:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 12, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Strange isn't it? They may as well not have this notification. Just another proof that there is no order or logic to this system.

kajana123 said:
Hi,

Our Interview is scheduled on 11/16. Actually mine is AC21 case. And I was laidoff immediately after our 485 was filed. I joined the current company 9 months after our 485 was filed. During interview, are they asking any questions related to the previous company, I mean when did I quit that company etc.

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes I was in the same boat as you. If you are going to SJC make sure your lawyer is from SJC. The officer specifically mentioned that they don't like lawyers from SF. Too aggressive and culture clash, and the client suffers at the end.

Now to your question. He did ask me if I am still with the I-485 filling company, and I told him no. He asked for the Employment letter, and my passport. That was it. He asked if I was performing the same type of work, in the same field, at the same capacity. I said "yes". That was it. Even if you are not, you should say yes, and have your EVL aligned with your previous job. I am no longer a manager, but in a lead position and that seemed to be enough. He didn't get into it. He was busy chatting with my lawyer, and i took a back seat and had that pretentious smile on my face. So just be cool, calm, and answer briefly, but friendly. Don't get defensive and start explaining. Lawyer told me most people bring unnecessary attention to their case by talking and defending.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Canarian said:
Yes I was in the same boat as you. If you are going to SJC make sure your lawyer is from SJC. The officer specifically mentioned that they don't like lawyers from SF. Too aggressive and culture clash, and the client suffers at the end.

Now to your question. He did ask me if I am still with the I-485 filling company, and I told him no. He asked for the Employment letter, and my passport. That was it. He asked if I was performing the same type of work, in the same field, at the same capacity. I said "yes". That was it. Even if you are not, you should say yes, and have your EVL aligned with your previous job. I am no longer a manager, but in a lead position and that seemed to be enough. He didn't get into it. He was busy chatting with my lawyer, and i took a back seat and had that pretentious smile on my face. So just be cool, calm, and answer briefly, but friendly. Don't get defensive and start explaining. Lawyer told me most people bring unnecessary attention to their case by talking and defending.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Guys,

Can anyone suggest a good lawyer in san jose. My case got transfered to local san jose office and my east coast attorney suggested below names, anyone worked with them ?

Carrie Mesrobian

Marcine Seid

Nita Itchhaporia

Thanks

Case Xferred to SJC

Well my case got transferred to San Jose local office for interview. Mine is a pretty straight-forward case (no brush with law, no immigration violation, working for same employer who is sponsoring my gc, not from special registration country, etc.). The only thing is that my wife was pregnant while we were doing 485 medicals and so she couldn't take any vaccinations. I was expecteding an RFE for her but USCIS issued an RFE for my medicals, which were all in order. Probably they got confused! After replying to RFE with my medicals, both our cases got transferred to San Jose. I am not particularly worried about interview but when I can expect an interview date seems to be uncertain. I guess it might take 3+ months to get a date. If any senior members can comment on my case I'd really appreciate that.