San Jose Interview Tracker

Temp,

When did you had your 2nd FP, it was suppose be done on 17th.

Did you called FBI after your FP was done at ASC?

Actually I recd an earlier FP notice along with the interview....I did the FP on July 8th.

Apparently, the results take any where from 5 days to 30+ days.

btw, whats the number to call the FBI?
I can do that and fax the IIO directly.

vipsha

Thanks for the FBI number.

I called them and apparently the results posted just a day after i did the FP.
Wonder why the IIO said they were still waiting....
anyway, I've asked my lawyer to fax the IIO. Hopefully this should all be cleared up and I should receive the approval soon.

Thanks

That's what I guess since in my wife's case also FBI sent the result back on the next day it self and it has been more than five months now and there is no news as of today.

But see if FBI did sent the results on 9th July and your interview was on 22nd so why INS officer did not received.

Either IIO was not right, or officer has to run some other local checks, or FBI is a liar.

Thanks for the update.

Based on what you tell me, now I fear that it may take longer for me to get approved....

My lawyer sent a fax today. So I will wait until Monday before I say or do anything

Waiting with bated breath,

T

Congratulations Sharma123!

Stain,

What kind of questions did they ask you in your interview? Can you post something on that?

And how is the world did they not run a name check for you? What were they doing sleeping for the past 2 years? My god staggering this level of incompetence.

Vipsha,

I guess no news from your end?

No different news, called NSC number of times but every time same reply wait for 30 days blah blah ...

quite a surprise

My BCIS current status has changed (for my wife and kid too)

"Application received", really meaning "transferred back" status which we know is the last step prior to approval or denial.

The interesting part is that my lawyer told me that they gonna approve us at the local office first and then send the file back to CSC.

However, they did not send me any notice, and appeared only to transfer our file back to CSC.

Hi Stain
I think your approval letter is on its way.
In our case 2 eeks after approval at local office
messages changed to case received and within next 2 weeks we received approval letter and palstic cards.

My lawyer just found out the status of my case

"Your case is still pending security checks. The files were accidently sent back to CSC. San Jose has ordered them back to the San Jose BCIS. "

This smells...
So, now I am waiting for the status change to "Transferred" again. Well, let's try one more time!

You're right stain, this stinks!

What security checks? They got your FP results, and they can do IBIS checks in less than a minute from San Jose office itself.

I'm hoping once the files are back you should be all set.

Stain,

I wouldn't worry too much, I think you are set for the GC as soon as the files get back. Offcourse you would abuse and curse the INS for their blunder, but I would start preparing for a major party if I were you! :)

I had my interview in SFO and 2nd fingerprints done on the same day on August 21, 2003. The IIO said that I should recieve the approval letter once they get the results of our fingerprints. Does anyone know how long can the wait be now from SFO office?

Thanks in advance

I don't want to disappoint you but my wife had interview on 13th Feb and 2nd FP on same day at SFO/broadway street and she got approval on mid of July she got PP stamp on 1st Aug and received plastic card on 15th Aug.

So it took almost 5 months after interview/2nd FP.

Thanks for the info. I believe she must have gone through the name check as her name check was perhaps not done by the interview date. Did the officer who interviewed your wife said anything regarding her name check? My officer told me that it should not take months but then who knows?

Her officer also told her that it should be done in a week or at the most in a month but it took 5 months.
She did not required any name check or so, her case was very straight forward.

I wish this should not happen to anyone.

This wait sucks and sucks and sucks .....

Vishpa, thanks for your prompt reply. One more question, did they take out her I-94 card from the passport?
They took ours out. Wouldn't this create problem while traveling as old I-94 is always check when entering back in the country.