San Jose Interview Tracker

FP redone

If someone interested, we received our FP notices along with interview papers.

We did our FP yesterday in San Jose application support center.
(Original FPs were done in March, 2002)

"we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN JOSE, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN JOSE, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case"

As I expected, scheduling does not chage it. Next status should be something like "We received your application" which basically means "Transferred back".

Hi Stain,

Did you receive the FP notice same day as the interview notice?
I finally received my interview notice, however no FP notice, and my last FP was done Dec 2001. Thanks in advance!

Interview date

I just got back from vacation today and was pleasantly surprised to see progress on my case.

WAC-02-040
Case Transferred: June 13.

Two weeks ago, I had received a 2nd Fp appointment notice for July 17th.

Last week, I received notices for my interview and an earlier FP.

Interview Date: July 23.

FP: Walk-in anytime within two weeks of the notice (dated June 26)

Thanks
SV

I see on line message change to

Receipt Number: wac02041XXXX3

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 7, 2003, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 160 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

anyone no what does it mean???

I checked my status too. It is same as yours.

On July 9, 2003, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 160 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

What does this mean? Does it mean that it is not approved yet ? but we have the stamped passports.
I hope this is just a clerical mistake.

we are back from the trip to Europe

Tomorrow is the moment of TRUTH for us, (San Jose, 9am)

To stay or not to stay - that is the question...

Case Approved

Hi Guys,

I received a notice from BCIS on friday stating My case was approved. Here are my details.

WAC-02-156-xxxxx

RD: Apr 9th 2002
FP: May 30th 2002
RFE: Aprl 26th 2003 (last 3 months Paystubs, EMployment letter, W2 2001)

But, the online status hasn't changed yet.

This forum has been a Great Help.

Stain,

Good luck, you will stay. How was your trip ?

abbas,

Why you have posted your approval in this thread, it is meant for San Jose interview. did you had interview at San Jose ?

But anyway congratulations.

Got excited

I appologize for the error...i thought its for CA ....didn't notice the interview tracker..

It's not over yet!

We just returned (myself, the wife, and the kid) from the interview.

Everything went fine instead of two "minor" things:
1. CSC lost all our photos for I-485
2. So called FBI security NAME check is still pending for me. (Wife's check is accompished)

So, we had to make $30 photos at the small mexican shop close to the INS building and resubmit those photos.

Our passports have not been stamped and we have to wait for the approval by mail which is going to be sent as soon as FBI completes my security check.

As we've been told, there will be NO appointment letter along with approvals and we will have to stay in the huge LINE overnight in order to get our passports stamped.
We will also have an option NOT to stamp and just wait for the green cards for whatever it takes.

Stain,

I know how it feels, again you have to wait few days now it could be a week or month, who knows ?
Did you ask officer that how much time it could take to get the FBI check complete ?
Or
When/Where/how can you ask status from BCIS on your case?

I wish you have your approval soon.

Good luck.

sorry to hear that stain. I wish you approval soon.

On our side we recieved the approval letter for my daughter and her Green card as well. Saturyday we received the letter and monday her GC. Nothing yet for me or my wife.

The website have been updated to Approved but on 3 different days for 3 of us. It is

07/16 - daughter
07/18 - spouse
07/21 - Myself.
We hope to get our Green card soon too.

Hi Stain,

Sorry to hear that, wish your approval will come soon. My interview is coming next monday, and I assume I will be like you, no stamping at that day, since I still haven't got my FP yet!!!

As for the photo, is it 3/4 face or front face? I would like to prepare myself for that. Thanks!

Interview experience at San Jose

I got in well before the appointed hour.
I was called 20 minutes after.

The interview was fairly straightforward. Standard questions - Who is your employer, has your job profile changed, are u at same address. The officer asked me for birth cert, tax docs etc.

My 2nd FP has apparently not cleared yet. Pending that, the officer didnt have anything else for me. I have to wait for the approval notice via mail

I was fingerprinted and signed the card for the green card....So thats a good sign...

So cant quite open the bubbly yet....:(

Stay tuned