San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

question about traffic violation...

Hi

I am in the process of filing N-400 form and need some information. I got ticket $700 and to attend traffic school.
my question is Part 10
??why were you arrested, cited, detained or charged?
my answer - Traffic Violation
??outcome or disposition of the arrest, citation, detention or charge (No Charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation etc)
my answer - fine paid and got agreement to attend traffic school (since recently I got ticket so I have not attended traffic school yet but very soon going to attend but fine paid.)

is this ok because I don't want to get into trouble by writing unnecessary things.

Thanks
Prajakata

03/16/2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix
03/18/2008 - Priority date
03/25/2009 - Check cashed
04/03/2009 - FP Notice received
04/04/2009 - FP Done

waiting for the ID letter now.

I have some questions:
- What is the priority date?
- After you receive the FP letter, and you go there ahead of your appointment time? If you choose to do that, do you need to call them to make appointment first, or just show up?

Thanks,

just show up. i received my FP letter yesterday (Friday), went there this morning and got it done (at 122 charcot ave)

Hi

I am in the process of filing N-400 form and need some information. I got ticket $700 and to attend traffic school.
my question is Part 10
??why were you arrested, cited, detained or charged?
my answer - Traffic Violation
??outcome or disposition of the arrest, citation, detention or charge (No Charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation etc)
my answer - fine paid and got agreement to attend traffic school (since recently I got ticket so I have not attended traffic school yet but very soon going to attend but fine paid.)

is this ok because I don't want to get into trouble by writing unnecessary things.

Thanks
Prajakata

According to the instructions in the naturalization guide, the facts may be noted down on a separate sheet of paper. Just list everything truthfully and attach to N-400.

I have applied for citizenship and been waiting for 26 months. I received an interview letter last year (August) which was scheduled for September 2008. When I went for the interview I was told that it had to be rescheduled. (I call USCIS and they placed a service request at Feb 2009) After several months, today I received a letter from the local San Francisco office signed by Robin Barret, (field office director). The letter is not the official interview letter however it states:

Please come to the office shown above at the time and place indicated in connection with and official matter.

Bring with you: Your picture ID, permanent resident card, and all passports.

Reason for appointment: Examination for naturalization.

To do ask what is this letter about (I am thinking it is an interview letter for people out of sequence since I was waiting 26 months) I try to schedule an InfoPass but each time getting a message like:
You cannot schedule any more appointments at this time

Anyone had similar experience before?

Thanks in advance!

interview letter received

02/18/2009: PD
03/06/2009: Notice received
03/13/2009 Received FP Notice (Appointment Date 3/26)
03/14/2009: FP Done - Walk-In.
04/13/2009: Received Interview letter(for June 3rd). Praise God!

Which is better to apply San Jose, San Francisco

Hi guys, A few months ago prospective citizens were wondering which city is better to apply for citizenship - San Francisco or San Jose.
I live in San Jose and I will be applying for citizenship pretty soon and I am wondering if I should schedule my interview in San Francisco instead of San Jose as the former is faster.
Is this issue still relevant considering that the mailing address has changed to the Lockbox facility in Phenix, Arizona.

N400 in San Jose

Status is updated (see below)

Hi
I applied for N-400 in Jan 2009. Check cashed and got the receipt. Nothing after that. In march I got yellow notice saying I have to bring some documents at the interview. But it had no interview date nothing. I have not received any FP notice nothing at all after that. What should I do?

Appreciate suggestions.
Thanks
KS

Nbc

I applied from Orange county and DO is Santa Ana and they are suppose send my appl to California Service Center but they send to National Benifit Center, any one know why they send to NBC.

I applied from Orange county and DO is Santa Ana and they are suppose send my appl to California Service Center but they send to National Benifit Center, any one know why they send to NBC.

That happened in my case as well. When did you apply? I sent my application on Jan17th, got reciept and then a yellow notice on march 3rd saying what to bring at the interview.
No FP letter nothing since then.
Is this unusual? Any suggestions?

Thanks

What makes you think they are supposed to sent it to California Service Center? The current process is that you send the application to the lockbox facility (in your case Phoenix) for initial processing after which it is sent to NBC until an interview date becomes available at your DO.

Nbc*xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the reply Bob,

You mean that Usual, I thought all CA residents application will be forwarded to CSC.

What makes you think they are supposed to sent it to California Service Center? The current process is that you send the application to the lockbox facility (in your case Phoenix) for initial processing after which it is sent to NBC until an interview date becomes available at your DO.

Nbc*xxxxxxxxx

I saw in LA N400 - Thread, there is somebody who got fingerprints done and interview scheduled. I filed for 4Yrs 9 Months though.

PD: 4/10/2009(NBC*xxxxxxxxx )
NOA: Received: 4/20/2009

That happened in my case as well. When did you apply? I sent my application on Jan17th, got reciept and then a yellow notice on march 3rd saying what to bring at the interview.
No FP letter nothing since then.
Is this unusual? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply Bob,

You mean that Usual, I thought all CA residents application will be forwarded to CSC.

With the new lockbox process that officially came into effect in Jan 09, all applications are now sent to NBC. Previous to the lockbox process, application would be forwarded to the service centers.

N400 application - Traffic Ticket

I am in the process of filing N-400 form and need some information. I got a speeding ticket and I paid the $150 fine.
my question is Part 10
Have you ever been arrested, cited, detained or charged?

Is it necessary to mention that I got a speeding ticket? Does that come under citation?

I plan to apply for Citizenship on 27April09