San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I wanted some help from this active forum !

I received N-445 - notice of oath ceremony for August 14th in San Jose.

However, I will be traveling and cannot change my travel plans at such short notice.

2 questions :

1) Is it advisable to request a change to this date ?
If you really can't change travel arrangements then you have no choice but to reschedule. It's not the end of the world, but will further delay your case.
2) How to I contact the right office to make this change ?
Follow instructions on N-445 or do an Infopass to reschedule oath.

Yes, kids are allowed, there is a small play area in the waiting section. But most likely one parent will have to be with the kids at all times so there may be a slight delay with the IV taking place at the appointed time.

Yes, kids are allowed, at least they were a year ago. They had a little games table on one side of the big room. Of course one or the other will have to keep an eye on the kid/s so both interviews can't happen at the same time. I am sure if one gets called in, and the other gets called in before the first one is finished, something can be done about it. If you have a chance to talk to someone when you drop the interview letter make sure you tell them what is your situation.

oath letter

I received letter today. It is for Aug 21 @ campbell. (10:00am)

I don't want to say "Yay" this time any more. Because last time I said "yay", it got canceled.

Hope this time is for real. Although, I just checked Campbell Heritage Theater web page, and I did not see Aug 21 appointment shows there.

K.B. I wonder you received your oath letter today too. Good luck!!

Timeline

Applied September 2007
Fingerprinting December 2007
Interview and Civic Test June 2008
Naturalization Ceremony August 14, 2008 at Santa Clara Fairgrounds

Question - How many visitors are allowed at the ceremony?

I've never heard of a limit, I guess anything below 20 guests might do ;) Honestly, I don't know. I don't think there is a hard limit.

Received oath letter today for oath on 8/14 at Santa clara county fairground!

During my interview, the officer had asked me for the copy of my DMV driving record, and he gave me a "decision can not be made at this time" letter. I sent the driving record to USCIS next day. So receiving oath letter is a relief! :)

By the way, I had travelled to Canada for a couple of days between interview and oath. I don't have any stamps in my passport as both Canadian and US immigration officers did not stamp anything for the trip. I am planning to just give the dates if they ask. Does anybody know if that is sufficient?

GCAwaited...

I received letter today. It is for Aug 21 @ campbell. (10:00am)

I don't want to say "Yay" this time any more. Because last time I said "yay", it got canceled.

Hope this time is for real. Although, I just checked Campbell Heritage Theater web page, and I did not see Aug 21 appointment shows there.

K.B. I wonder you received your oath letter today too. Good luck!!

I was wondering about the same thing. Hopefully we are not the only 2 with a 21'st letter :D. Congratulations, by the way

Thanks!

Congratulations Arun GK ,

Oath letter for August 21'st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, I got my oath letter for August 21'st @ Campbell. My wife has her on August 7'th at the fairground. I haven no clue how these things are getting scheduled.

Thanks for your wishes.

Only thing is that in most cases (at least the ones I've heard of) they make the guests seat in a different part of the venue. In my case, our kid was able to sit with us during the ceremony. In a way I think that was the right thing to do as we were all naturalizing at the same time ;)

congratulations waitforsolong! I know you've waited a long time for it. I am happy for you! I will be going to check my mail tomorrow and hopefully a letter for the 14th will be waiting for me too..

MHusband,

I don't think there is a limit. The guests sit separately upstairs (if it will be held at the Campbell Heritage Center) But if you are planning to bring a lot of people, try to get there earlier because seats do get filled fast. And as long as all the seats are filled, they will no longer be taking anymore guests as the balcony is full.

Thanks Huracan and K.B.

It's good to know that guests are allowed. There was no information at all on the letter and not even a telephone number to call. I'm grateful to you both for your help.

thank you!!

Thank all of you for your nice wishing!

I have been waiting for it for very long long time!! And I hardly can wait any longer, because my parents' visa is expiring soon, and we need them to stay for my autistic kid.

3 big ceremonies are all in Fairground, no sign shows that Campbell is really having one on Aug 21. I am really concerned!!

I don't understand why USCIS assign people to Aug 21 when there are slots on Aug 14. :confused: