San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Is it that now that the interviews are happening fast the bottleneck is moving to the oath ceremonies? I would guess it is easier to solve the oath ceremony bottleneck than the interview bottleneck anyway.

excellent progress

Been away from the forum for 3 weeks.
Now PD-IL is now less than 100 days, and the latest reported one is, what, 66!! OMG!!!
You indeed get what you pay for.
Congratulations guys!!!

Oh, don't forget to come here and update the tracker.
Right now they are processing much faster than before. That means less people will experience long wait without any news.
But still, your information is very helpful to others.

That is excellent progress indeed. My PD to IL duration was 233. Congratulations to all.

Done with the process

Here are my time lines :-
07/10/07: Priority Date
09/27/07: FP Completed
02/11/08: IL Received Date
04/02/08: IL Scheduled Date
04/02/08: Interview completed
05/18/08 : Oath Letter received
06/18/08 : Oath completed
06/18/08 : Passport applied
06/25/08 : Passport received ( Normal Processing ).
I exepediated my wife's passport and it arrived a day earlier, it is not worth the
extra 100 bucks.

Thanks & Good luck to all those out there ....

Cheers,
Hari

Spouse completed Oath today

Scheduled for July 11th at the USCIS office. Coincidentally, there are couple of ceremonies in the campbell theater in July (10th & 24). Looks like there is a huge backlog for oath

http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/heritagetheatre/events.htm

Well organized at the USCIS office. About 90 people taking oath. The whole process was done in 20 mins after the ceremony began at 11am. Office instructed to sign the certificate "cursive" (not the usual signature), same as the one in the picture. So detailed explanation. Now off to get passport for her.

Congratulations sv786 on your wife's oath ceremony. In a way I think it is good that they can make the ceremonies so quick, that would mean they can naturalized people faster. It seemed that with interviews getting scheduled sooner the bottleneck could be the oath ceremony.

still waiting

Has anybody who completed interview in May 2008 received oath letters yet?

/I_Citizen

Our interview was on 5/6. Still Waiting. I have not seen any May interviews being posted on this board. The latest interview date sighting was 4/26.

-Arun

hello waitforsolong, You were informed about name check by officer in Dec 2005 ?

The officer did not say anything about name check on interview. He did mention that their system was down at that day. I found out about it myself 1.5 month later through infopass.

waitforsolong,

You actually passed interview? But case was pending for years due to name check?

I submitted my case May 2007. I never got the interview appointment. I scheduled an infopass a few weeks ago, and they say my name check is pending.

Is there a way for them to force another name check inquiry? I'm wondering if the name check is lost between INS and FBI.

Thanks!

waitforsolong,

You actually passed interview? But case was pending for years due to name check?

I submitted my case May 2007. I never got the interview appointment. I scheduled an infopass a few weeks ago, and they say my name check is pending.

Is there a way for them to force another name check inquiry? I'm wondering if the name check is lost between INS and FBI.

Thanks!

I passed the English and civic test on interview. The IO told me that everything was fine and I should be getting my oath letter within 1 month. I waited more than 1 month. Nothing happened. So I went to USCIS through an infopass, and found out that I was stuck in name check.

I am not sure whether there is anyway to "re-submit" a name check inquiry between USCIS and FBI. But, I do know that you can expedite your name check by filing the lawsuit against USCIS. You can check the forum thread of this web site if you are interested in lawsuit.

Good luck!!!

Waitfor,
Your timeline is really amazing. Congrats, now do drive carefully till the oath gets done. You don't want a ticket to delay things at this point!! Suddenly there is a rash of posts where people are getting ticketed just bef oath ;-)

any recommendations

my interview date was june 2 08, i know big backlog in oath letters. can some one suggest an infopass . based on above discussions

Thanks Aabbcc11 and since05.

I know!! The ticket talking really makes me nervous. I try not to go anywhere unnecessary before oath. :eek:

Since05, hope you can see your case make good progress too!!

I attended my interview today at SJ. I was approved in 10 minutes. The officer congratulated me and said the notice for Oath should arrive in 8 weeks.

Filed N-400: Jan 2008
FP : Feb 2008
Interview: 7/16/08